Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Consolidation

View
2 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

2. Re: Evening Q&As Jan 24, 2013, 05:55 mag

jdreyer wrote on Jan 24, 2013, 02:59:
Here are the reported PS4 specs:

- System Memory: 8GB
- Video Memory: 2.2 GB
- CPU: 4x Dual-Core AMD64 "Bulldozer" (so, 8x cores)
- GPU: AMD R10xx
- Ports: 4x USB 3.0, 2x Ethernet
- Drive: Blu-Ray
- HDD: 160GB
- Audio Output: HDMI & Optical, 2.0, 5.1 & 7.1 channels

That would make a pretty nice high-end gaming rig, excepting the hard drive (really? Only 160GB?). I think it's smart to go with AMD for a couple of reasons. First, cost since they're cheaper. Second, AMD is good enough and you don't need the fastest proc for gaming. This spec includes 8GB of RAM, double the spec sheet we discussed a few days ago. Sony execs read Blues daily, so our voice was heard and the change was made!

This is also just the spec list for the dev kits. The actual hardware specs will probably be pretty different.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

1. Re: Evening Q&As Jan 24, 2013, 02:59 jdreyer

Here are the reported PS4 specs:

- System Memory: 8GB
- Video Memory: 2.2 GB
- CPU: 4x Dual-Core AMD64 "Bulldozer" (so, 8x cores)
- GPU: AMD R10xx
- Ports: 4x USB 3.0, 2x Ethernet
- Drive: Blu-Ray
- HDD: 160GB
- Audio Output: HDMI & Optical, 2.0, 5.1 & 7.1 channels

That would make a pretty nice high-end gaming rig, excepting the hard drive (really? Only 160GB?). I think it's smart to go with AMD for a couple of reasons. First, cost since they're cheaper. Second, AMD is good enough and you don't need the fastest proc for gaming. This spec includes 8GB of RAM, double the spec sheet we discussed a few days ago. Sony execs read Blues daily, so our voice was heard and the change was made!

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo