Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ex-Relic Boss Joins Activision

Alex Peters has taken the position of VP of Production at Activision after serving as studio head at Relic for the previous two years. The new job is listed on his LinkedIn Profile as noted by Develop. This news comes amid the sale of THQs assets, which include Relic. Develop notes that SEGA is widely believed to be the frontrunner to purchase Relic, but we should know soon enough, as an announcement of the results of the sale of THQ's assets is expected today.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Ex-Relic Boss Joins Activision Jan 24, 2013, 18:21 Jivaro

panbient wrote on Jan 23, 2013, 17:09:
TychoCelchuuu wrote on Jan 23, 2013, 13:00:
Sega publishes the Total War games and they also published Universe at War, they are no stranger to RTS games.

There's also the fact that they secured the rights to Warhammer Fantasy Battle not too long ago while Relic still had the rights to Warhammer 40k. So...

Total War: Warhammer 40k? YES PLEASE!!!

Next, from Sega...

Total Warhammer: Fantasy Universe 40k

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Ex-Relic Boss Joins Activision Jan 23, 2013, 17:09 panbient

TychoCelchuuu wrote on Jan 23, 2013, 13:00:
Sega publishes the Total War games and they also published Universe at War, they are no stranger to RTS games.

There's also the fact that they secured the rights to Warhammer Fantasy Battle not too long ago while Relic still had the rights to Warhammer 40k. So...

Total War: Warhammer 40k? YES PLEASE!!!

7. Re: Ex-Relic Boss Joins Activision Jan 23, 2013, 16:07 NKD

So Koch Media bought Volition. Koch Media's Deep Silver publishing label publishes the X series of space sims. Does Volition have any rights to Freespace or is that in Interplay limbo? Not that it would necessarily mean anything, but I thought it was interesting.  

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

6. Re: Ex-Relic Boss Joins Activision Jan 23, 2013, 16:05 Beelzebud

Genesis does what Nintendon't!

Just sayin'.

5. Re: Ex-Relic Boss Joins Activision Jan 23, 2013, 13:54 TurdFergasun

Company of heroes: total war sounds pretty damn good to me right about now. Sounds much better than coh2:microtransaction battle with dumbed down rpg/rts hybrid design.  

4. Re: Ex-Relic Boss Joins Activision Jan 23, 2013, 13:39 SimplyMonk

I've been burned on a number of Sega published titles. There were all bad situations going in though. Bad developer, bad programmers, bad end product. Sega then decides to still ship the product but rather than front cash for patches, they just let the bugs twist in the wind and forget the game ever existed.

Stormrise is the most atrocious example of this and AvP is a close second.

I want to say I would most likely make the same calls if I was in Sega's position, but there practices have made me a lot more cautious about what has the Sega name on it nowadays.

Although, this should be my rule for all publishers and games. Wait 3 months and see what the consensus is. But I am weak-willed.

If they released a new Shining Force, I'd be all over it and pay them money on the day the announced it.

3. Re: Ex-Relic Boss Joins Activision Jan 23, 2013, 13:00 TychoCelchuuu

2. Re: Ex-Relic Boss Joins Activision Jan 23, 2013, 12:29 Tumbler

Wait...Sega bought Relic?
Edit: Ah I see, Sega is expected to buy Relic. That makes way....more...where am I?

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

1. Re: Ex-Relic Boss Joins Activision Jan 23, 2013, 09:36 Verno

Sega buying Relic is strange, not even sure what to make of that.  

Playing: The Last of Us Remastered
Watching: Intruders, Coherence, The Rover

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo