Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Footage

A new trailer includes some footage of single-player play in StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm, the upcoming expansion for StarCraft II, Blizzard's RTS sequel. Thanks Blizzplanet, where word is: "The B-roll shows all the new playable units in the expansion: 3D model and their abilities in action through gameplay clips. New Battle.net UI and features."

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Footage Jan 23, 2013, 18:42 Panickd

jdreyer wrote on Jan 23, 2013, 16:55:
Undih(fatp) wrote on Jan 23, 2013, 10:05:
I might get interested in this IP again when all three games are out and at a bundle $45.99

It took a year and a half before I was able to pick up the first one on sale for $30. I don't expect you'll see the bundle available for that price for many years. This is ActiBlizz we're talking about. The original Modern Warfare is still $20, five years on.

I've noticed this about a lot of old games ever since the Steam sales became relatively predictable. Now companies don't bargain bin the prices of PC games anymore so that they can sell them for 75% off at $5 and make everyone think that's a really good price. Hell the Vampire: The Masquerade is on Steam for $20 right now. But nearly every sale that rolls around it shows up for $5.

As for Blizzard games, they tend to "battle chest" them pretty cheap about a year after they complete them. So I expect you'll be able to pick up the trio in a pack for around $20 in about 2017 if they keep up this track record (2 1/2 years to the next game and then a year after that).

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Footage Jan 23, 2013, 16:57 Yifes

Wallshadows wrote on Jan 23, 2013, 12:30:
"All new strategies" of rushing.

None of the new units are early game units, and almost all the changes affect the mid to late game.

4. Re: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Footage Jan 23, 2013, 16:55 jdreyer

Undih(fatp) wrote on Jan 23, 2013, 10:05:
I might get interested in this IP again when all three games are out and at a bundle $45.99

It took a year and a half before I was able to pick up the first one on sale for $30. I don't expect you'll see the bundle available for that price for many years. This is ActiBlizz we're talking about. The original Modern Warfare is still $20, five years on.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

3. Re: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Footage Jan 23, 2013, 15:16 Tumbler

I think I'm about ready to buy the first one, I was hoping to get it for under $10 but stopped looking a while back. The SP side seemed interesting with the unit upgrades you could get as you play.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

2. Re: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Footage Jan 23, 2013, 12:30 Wallshadows

"All new strategies" of rushing.  

1. Re: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Footage Jan 23, 2013, 10:05 Undih

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo