Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Guild Wars 2 Plans

NCsoft reveals further details about the first update for Guild Wars 2, which should go live on January 28th in the MMORPG. Here's an overview:

• A new storyline will play out over the coming months, one that all players can enjoy
  • New achievement currency for daily/monthly achievements and new items you can buy with the new currency. There will also be rotating daily achievements every day of the week
  • Guesting to allow playing with friends on different worlds.
  • One Week, Two-Team PvP Tournaments and a new PvP Map permanently added to the rotation
  • Several more game improvements and balancing enhancements

View
21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

21. Re: Guild Wars 2 Plans Jan 23, 2013, 19:19 Saboth

Flatline wrote on Jan 23, 2013, 17:04:
Axis wrote on Jan 23, 2013, 13:06:
Age doesn't matter -- integrity does. In the "real world", if you have no integrity you are the king of loser.

Err.... bad grammar aside, you do realize how laughable that is right? Look at HSBC: They knowingly aided terrorist organizations in laundering money, cooked the LIBOR rates for 10 years, helped rich SOBs in the US set up tax evasion shelters, and they were deemed too big to prosecute, granted immunity, and fined a billion dollars, which is like... six months profits for them.

In the real world, "integrity" basically means "easy mark". It sucks, but it's the truth.

So money is your measure of "winning"? Interesting.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: Guild Wars 2 Plans Jan 23, 2013, 17:04 Flatline

Age doesn't matter -- integrity does. In the "real world", if you have no integrity you are the king of loser.

Err.... bad grammar aside, you do realize how laughable that is right? Look at HSBC: They knowingly aided terrorist organizations in laundering money, cooked the LIBOR rates for 10 years, helped rich SOBs in the US set up tax evasion shelters, and they were deemed too big to prosecute, granted immunity, and fined a billion dollars, which is like... six months profits for them.

In the real world, "integrity" basically means "easy mark". It sucks, but it's the truth.

19. Re: Guild Wars 2 Plans Jan 23, 2013, 14:28 sauron

*NERDRAGE*

Haha, you really are silly.

Verno wrote on Jan 23, 2013, 13:32:
I think they could have done more to keep people playing between expansion packs.

I would have liked to see some more endgame content as well. Maybe completing all 3 paths of a dungeon opens up a boss zone, and completing a specific number of boss zones opens up dragon battles? That would be kinda fun - the individual paths are only 30 minutes in most cases.

This comment was edited on Jan 23, 2013, 14:34.

Kittens!

18. Re: Guild Wars 2 Plans Jan 23, 2013, 13:32 Axis

Creston wrote on Jan 23, 2013, 13:19:
Axis wrote on Jan 23, 2013, 13:09:
This started way back with GW2, when I prophetically stated it was going to fail

Can you prophetically state for more games to fail? Because GW2 has sold 3+ million copies to date, and quite a few games could use that kind of love fail.

Creston

Ya, GW2 is just the epitome of MMO success, just ask the barren zones and lifeless forums.

Yours truly,

Axis

17. Re: Guild Wars 2 Plans Jan 23, 2013, 13:32 Verno

Creston wrote on Jan 23, 2013, 13:19:
Can you prophetically state for more games to fail? Because GW2 has sold 3+ million copies to date, and quite a few games could use that kind of love fail.

I don't think there's a reasonable argument to be made that it's anything but a success, they sold a lot of copies and have their little cash shop thingie so I don't doubt they made a handsome profit. Most people seemed pretty happy with it overall going by the forums I frequent anyway. It's not my favorite game ever made but I got a very respectable amount of entertainment out of it and never really felt the usual MMO grind kick in.

To be fair though sales aren't the only barometer. I think they could have done more to keep people playing between expansion packs, once you go through the content there isn't much to do if you don't like PVP. Diablo 3 sold 10 million copies and people consider that game to be very disappointing and it's word of mouth is quite poor. I don't think this is really a similar case but of course everyone has their own opinion.

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer

16. Re: Guild Wars 2 Plans Jan 23, 2013, 13:28 nin

Good god, Creston! Don't feed that thing!

And go wash your hands now!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

15. Re: Guild Wars 2 Plans Jan 23, 2013, 13:19 Creston

Axis wrote on Jan 23, 2013, 13:09:
This started way back with GW2, when I prophetically stated it was going to fail

Creston

14. Re: Guild Wars 2 Plans Jan 23, 2013, 13:10 Axis

double post  

Yours truly,

Axis

13. Re: Guild Wars 2 Plans Jan 23, 2013, 13:09 Axis

Verno wrote on Jan 23, 2013, 13:01:
No, we're not afraid to hear other opinions. However, your contributions are not really valuable.

If you want to be taken seriously, be more adult. For example, don't go back six weeks to dig up a post just to win an ephemeral and meaningless internet argument. That kind of thing is really immature.

Just my advice, report the personal attacks and trolls to Blue, no point in giving them attention which is more likely to keep them around and the quoting circumvents the ignore filter which frustrates people. Eventually Blue warns or bans them if they continually overstep the forum rules. I know you mean well bro but you can't reform people like that

Yes, the trio of Verno, Dades, and Cutter do all they can to silence anyone who doesn't hold hands with them.

This started way back with GW2, when I prophetically stated it was going to fail and they fanboyd all over me and anyone else who said the same. Verno was the first to 'attack' and name-call right from the getgo, he's the only troll in this thread. Feel free to read for proof, but ya, you never read past posts so you'll just have to believe me.

Yours truly,

Axis

12. Re: Guild Wars 2 Plans Jan 23, 2013, 13:06 Axis

Sauron said:
No, we're not afraid to hear other opinions.
Yes, you are afraid. You also don't like hearing how GW2 ended up shit -- as I proved you were incorrect in your other post where you assumed the devs did such a bang-up job during beta.

However, your contributions are not really valuable.
You just proved my point. However it doesn't matter if you find my facts or opinions "valuable", they are always spot on and not filled with made-up bullshit.

If you want to be taken seriously, be more adult.
Age doesn't matter -- integrity does. In the "real world", if you have no integrity you are the king of loser. Hard to find people without integrity on the forum when they can go back and edit or remove their posts, but occasionally you do find them.

For example, don't go back six weeks to dig up a post just to win an ephemeral and meaningless internet argument. That kind of thing is really immature. :P
Oh wait, people shouldn't be 100% responsible for what they say? What planet you from son? Also, there was no argument if you bothered to read instead of repeat.

It's no different than quoting your prior post right here, or talking about how you reacted on some other post. Who gives a crap 'when' it was posted. You make your bed, you lie in it. Don't like the messenger, don't like being responsible, tough shit.

Yours truly,

Axis

11. Re: Guild Wars 2 Plans Jan 23, 2013, 13:01 Verno

No, we're not afraid to hear other opinions. However, your contributions are not really valuable.

If you want to be taken seriously, be more adult. For example, don't go back six weeks to dig up a post just to win an ephemeral and meaningless internet argument. That kind of thing is really immature.

Just my advice, report the personal attacks and trolls to Blue, no point in giving them attention which is more likely to keep them around and the quoting circumvents the ignore filter which frustrates people. Eventually Blue warns or bans them if they continually overstep the forum rules. I know you mean well bro but you can't reform people like that

This comment was edited on Jan 23, 2013, 13:06.

10. Re: Guild Wars 2 Plans Jan 23, 2013, 10:23 sauron

Axis wrote on Jan 23, 2013, 10:08:
sauron wrote on Jan 23, 2013, 08:14:
Axis wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 21:58:
Dades wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 21:42:
Loving the Necro tweaks they did since I last played, PVP survivability is even better. I hope the new storyline is a pretty big one encompassing a bunch of different zones.

- DADES - This is a signature of my name, enjoy!

^ I've never seen someone try so hard to keep the make believe alive...

Logging in and reading the forums is easy enough to know exactly what's going on (or not) with GW2.

Aren't you the guy who went back six weeks just to show everyone how you won an argument with Dades? I've never seen you do anything on this forum other than troll him. Uh... get a room?

I'm loving this game - a quarter of the way to a Legendary weapon and really having a good time with the road to it. Very fun.

Seems many here at BluesNews believes trolling is when someone speaks truth or opinion which isn't what a little circle of friends want to hear.

I'm not afraid to call people on bullshit - you type it and it's bullshit it's your own idiocy, not mine for pointing it out.

Kittens!

9. Re: Guild Wars 2 Plans Jan 23, 2013, 10:08 Axis

sauron wrote on Jan 23, 2013, 08:14:
Loving the Necro tweaks they did since I last played, PVP survivability is even better. I hope the new storyline is a pretty big one encompassing a bunch of different zones.

Logging in and reading the forums is easy enough to know exactly what's going on (or not) with GW2.

Aren't you the guy who went back six weeks just to show everyone how you won an argument with Dades? I've never seen you do anything on this forum other than troll him. Uh... get a room?

I'm loving this game - a quarter of the way to a Legendary weapon and really having a good time with the road to it. Very fun.

Seems many here at BluesNews believes trolling is when someone speaks truth or opinion which isn't what a little circle of friends want to hear.

I'm not afraid to call people on bullshit - you type it and it's bullshit it's your own idiocy, not mine for pointing it out.

Yours truly,

Axis

8. Re: Guild Wars 2 Plans Jan 23, 2013, 08:58 Verno

As an ex DAOC player I'm a huge fan of World PVP and I really enjoy sPVP with my guild which is mostly comprised of PVP people I met in WoW. I find it much more compelling than the games PVE content. I can see how someone would burn out after awhile on the PVE, it can only take you so far. The PVP is what has kept me going on and off since the games launch, you will always find more variety and challenge in other players as opposed to game mechanics and systems.  

7. Re: Guild Wars 2 Plans Jan 23, 2013, 08:14 sauron

Kittens!

6. Re: Guild Wars 2 Plans Jan 23, 2013, 07:24 Dades

Flatline wrote on Jan 23, 2013, 05:08:
Yeah, those "kill creature X and bring me Y of their Z" quests and fedex quests were the bomb-diggity!

While I will admit that there isn't much of a skill/weapon skill tree, the only thing that's really a drag on my long term play is the lack of end-game content that engages me. Otherwise, I got a few hundred hours of entertainment out of it, and when I come back there will be new content (yay!) waiting for me for free.

Which is more than I can say for *any* other MMO I've ever played.

That's why I like this more than any other MMO I've played, that stuff is there if you want it but it's totally optional. I wasn't enjoying the events in the Iron Marches so I just left, went to a different area that had a different setup entirely.

5. Re: Guild Wars 2 Plans Jan 23, 2013, 05:08 Flatline

LittleMe wrote on Jan 23, 2013, 02:56:
LaxerFL wrote on Jan 23, 2013, 00:26:
I try to like this game. Really to love it. But I just can't get into it like Dark Age of Camelot got me or even WoW really. When I finally got in a good guild and started raiding high level stuff WoW was an absolute blast. It got old like anything but GW2 doesn't get me even a little bit interested. I hate the how the skill (non)trees work. As much as I like their take on questing and whatnot I miss the standard quest lines and being able to run instances with a group.

Yeah they got so focused on MMO and lost focus on three more important letters, fun.

Yeah, those "kill creature X and bring me Y of their Z" quests and fedex quests were the bomb-diggity!

While I will admit that there isn't much of a skill/weapon skill tree, the only thing that's really a drag on my long term play is the lack of end-game content that engages me. Otherwise, I got a few hundred hours of entertainment out of it, and when I come back there will be new content (yay!) waiting for me for free.

Which is more than I can say for *any* other MMO I've ever played.

4. Re: Guild Wars 2 Plans Jan 23, 2013, 02:56 LittleMe

LaxerFL wrote on Jan 23, 2013, 00:26:
I try to like this game. Really to love it. But I just can't get into it like Dark Age of Camelot got me or even WoW really. When I finally got in a good guild and started raiding high level stuff WoW was an absolute blast. It got old like anything but GW2 doesn't get me even a little bit interested. I hate the how the skill (non)trees work. As much as I like their take on questing and whatnot I miss the standard quest lines and being able to run instances with a group.

Yeah they got so focused on MMO and lost focus on three more important letters, fun.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

3. Re: Guild Wars 2 Plans Jan 23, 2013, 00:26 LaxerFL

I'm glad there is no monthly sub and that I can play anytime now that I wasted $60 on it but I never last more then an hour and that's if I play once a month... So much potential!

2. Re: Guild Wars 2 Plans Jan 22, 2013, 21:58 Axis

I've never seen someone try so hard to keep the make believe alive...

Yours truly,

Axis

21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo