Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

The Elder Scrolls Online Beta Signups

The Elder Scrolls Online Website is now accepting applications to beta test Bethesda's upcoming MMO installment in their RPG series. This announcement has details along with this cinematic trailer, saying: "Please be aware that this is just beta sign-ups. Once our first beta test begins, we’ll make sure everyone knows—watch our official website, Facebook, Google+, and Twitter for an announcement about the first round of invites." Here's the official announcement:

Bethesda Softworks® and ZeniMax® Online Studios today announced that beta signups are now open for The Elder Scrolls® Online at ElderScrollsOnline.com. Interested gamers simply have to go to the website and register for a chance to play. Selected beta registrants will be granted early access to beta test the game. They will be among the first to experience this epic world with others in one of 2013’s most highly-anticipated releases. Timing and details of the start of playtests will be provided at a later date to those who register.

“We’re really excited to get the game into players’ hands,” said Matt Firor, game director of The Elder Scrolls Online. “We receive invaluable feedback through the beta process, and that helps us ensure that the game will be one of the best online gaming experiences ever offered -- one worthy of The Elder Scrolls franchise.”

The Elder Scrolls Online brings the award-winning Elder Scrolls experience online for the first time. Using ZeniMax Online’s Megaserver technology, players will join one connected world with a built in social network that lets them stay up-to-date with everything their friends are doing. Megaserver technology avoids the hassle of shard selection and makes The Elder Scrolls Online one of the most socially enabled games ever created. Whether playing alone, or with hundreds of friends, players can develop their own style of play as they embark upon an epic quest across Tamriel.

View
76 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

16. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Beta Signups Jan 22, 2013, 15:18 dj LiTh

To visit all of tamreil....yes please  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Beta Signups Jan 22, 2013, 15:14 sauron

NKD wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 14:57:
Fibrocyte wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 14:48:
Such unfounded negativity...

I'm looking forward to this.

Unfounded? Really? It's a Skyrim skin for WoW.

Honestly, I don't think so at all. I play MMOs but hate WoW. This looks like a persistent version of Morrowind/Oblivion/Skyrim - I think it looks really terrific.

And honestly, all MMOs are not the same. FFXI/FFXIV/Aion are slow grinders (ugh), WoW is cartoonish high-number raiding (not my thing at all), and GW2 is beautiful, laid-back and casual-friendly (love it).

It's just a question of what TES Online will bring to the table in terms of gameplay. Will it be new and fun, or not?

Kittens!

14. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Beta Signups Jan 22, 2013, 15:13 jdreyer

ItBurn wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 14:29:
This will be just like every other mmo and will damage the franchise.

Yeah, this is kind of my thought too. I like Bethesda games because they are uncompromising SINGLE PLAYER games.

I mean, good luck in their endeavors, but I just have little interest in this even though I'm a huge Oblivion/Skyrim/Morrowind fan.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

13. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Beta Signups Jan 22, 2013, 15:11 Dev

Filling in the "extra" part where you describe why you should get a chance is the only specific thing that raises your chances. The rest is just a total of sections filled.

Which is funny, because there's NO WAY they will be able to read through all the hundreds of thousands (millions?) of beta apps.

12. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Beta Signups Jan 22, 2013, 15:08 sauron

Well DANG, that's quite a trailer!

Will have to be good to drag me away from GW2 but it looks really, really promising.

Kittens!

11. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Beta Signups Jan 22, 2013, 15:06 Techie714 ©

That cinematic was rather generic & meh....  

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

10. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Beta Signups Jan 22, 2013, 15:05 Wallshadows

I'll reserve judgement until I see actual game play footage and finer details.

Derp, there already are on the site...

TES has a fairly substantial and enduring fanbase so it's likely going to sell on name above all else regardless of its quality. It's just unfortunate that we're 'blessed' with another MMO of this particular genre when we already have plenty as it is, good or bad.

Side note, been playing a Ton of Eve lately which is an incredible breath of fresh air compared to the usual suspects and in 21 days, I'll be the proud owner of an Orca providing I can cough up the 750 million ISK through mining and belt ratting.

9. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Beta Signups Jan 22, 2013, 15:02 Ray Marden

It's a free beta of a series I enjoy playing, the most recent of which was my most played game of 2012. If nothing else, I'll apply and see if I can get in.

Thus far, I haven't been blown away, but I don't hate the game either. I am curious to see what their take is on a MMORPG.
But feel free to hate away.
Hoping they can do something different,
Ray

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

8. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Beta Signups Jan 22, 2013, 14:57 NKD

Fibrocyte wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 14:48:

Unfounded? Really? It's a Skyrim skin for WoW.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

7. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Beta Signups Jan 22, 2013, 14:48 Fibrocyte

6. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Beta Signups Jan 22, 2013, 14:46 ASeven

Another TORtanic in the making?  

5. Meh... Jan 22, 2013, 14:46 JohnBirshire

I'm one of the longest fans of the franchise, having followed Arena in developement, and considering it to be my favorite game of all time. I was actually going to kill myself when I was younger but wanted to wait for Daggerfall, so you could argue that the series saved my life. I've devoured everything TES related, and will most likely play this of course....but I do have to admit I was incredibily dissapointed with my first impressions. It just doesn't look or feel like a TES game, it looks like a carbon copy of almost every other MMO. Cartoony graphics, over the top and away perspective, etc. Hopefully they prove me wrong, but so far its a big "meh".  

4. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Beta Signups Jan 22, 2013, 14:34 JoeNapalm

More Elder Scrolls! Yeeeeaaaaaaaaaooh...it's an MMO.

Nevermind.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

3. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Beta Signups Jan 22, 2013, 14:31 nin

ItBurn wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 14:29:

I'm mmo'd out. No interest, despite having a blast in Skyrim.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

2. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Beta Signups Jan 22, 2013, 14:29 ItBurn

1. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Beta Signups Jan 22, 2013, 14:21 Darks

First!  

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

76 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo