Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Dead Space 3: PC Enhancements? No. Microtransactions? Yes.

A new video interview on games.on.net talks with producer Shereif Fattouh about Dead Space 3, Visceral Games' upcoming survival shooter sequel. The focus of their conversation is the addition of co-op mode to the sequel, which they describe as being like watching a scary movie with a friend. They also highlight the response they got when asking if the Windows edition of the game will have any features that take advantage of a PC's more powerful hardware. They were told this will be a straight port with no support for DirectX 11, no higher resolution textures, and no support for graphics features not found on the console editions. In other Dead Space 3 news, OXM has word from developer Visceral that the game will include microtransactions, though they stress that letting the game chip away at your wallet is optional. Here's a bit:

"You can absolutely choose to ignore the in game micro-transactions," associate producer Yara Khoury told OXM in an interview, following a two-hour hands-on. "I think it's made for people who aren't necessarily as savvy as others with exploration, or maybe they just don't want to spend the time to go and find resources, and they want to maybe upgrade faster."

You'll only be able to buy certain weapons at certain times, however. "Know that we are creating progression in terms of weapon crafting by only making available some weapon parts as you progress through the game. So it's not like 'oh I'm going to spend money now and I can be the most powerful player in Chapter 1.' "And another thing that is important to know is that you can buy things in the marketplace with in-game currency," Khoury continued. "Things that your scavenger bot gets you. So you don't have to spend dollars if you're a hardcore player and put a lot of hours in - you're going to be rewarded for that."

View
64 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

4. Re: Dead Space 3: PC Enhancements? No. Microtransactions? Yes. Jan 22, 2013, 09:22 nin

Dead Space 3: PC Enhancements? No. Microtransactions? Yes.

LMFAO at EA? Fuck yes!

Circling the drain, faster and faster!

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Dead Space 3: PC Enhancements? No. Microtransactions? Yes. Jan 22, 2013, 09:15 xXBatmanXx

Was fun to do the stuff in the game and create and upgrade weapons. SOmething tell me it wont' be like that anymore. Probably pass on this one.  

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

2. Re: Dead Space 3: PC Enhancements? No. Microtransactions? Yes. Jan 22, 2013, 09:05 ItBurn

awesome, the game will be better because it has micro transactions.  

1. Re: Dead Space 3: PC Enhancements? No. Microtransactions? Yes. Jan 22, 2013, 09:04 Verno

Ugh just make a space horror game and leave the "monetization" out please. I hate this transparent money whoring under the guise of "ITS ALL OPTIONAL!!!" as if it doesn't affect balance or design in the process. I really enjoy the Dead Space franchise but this kind of bunk doesn't exactly sell me on its future. I think EA already claimed it needs to sell something like 4 million copies or the franchise dies too.

I'm a bit weary of the port comments too, is this going to be a reversion to a Dead Space 1 quality port or what?

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

64 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo