Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Opening Cinematic

The StarCraft II Website now offers the opening cinematic for StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm, showing off the expansion that's due for the RTS sequel in March. This sets the story for the add-on, which is summed up like so: "Whether you ultimately choose to play as Protoss, Terran, or Zerg, you simply must ask yourself one question: Who is Sarah Kerrigan?"

View
35 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

15. Re: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Opening Cinematic Jan 22, 2013, 12:05 Verno

Creston wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 11:19:
Whether you ultimately choose to play as Protoss, Terran, or Zerg, you simply must ask yourself one question:

"Why would I ever buy a Blizzard game again?"

Creston

Diablo 3 was a big let down but that doesn't mean Blizzard still can't make some great games. Starcraft 2 wasn't my personal favorite thing because I don't get into the weird high level meta game stuff but Diablo 3 it was not.

I certainly have hope for future Blizzard titles.

Playing: Dark Souls 2
Watching: Legends, Intruders, Apocalypse Now
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Opening Cinematic Jan 22, 2013, 12:01 Dabro

Sad to say it, but I won't buy either. Ten years of waiting to get SC 1.5, then another few to get the Zerg and Protoss campaigns? SC2 was fine, but not worth it. I love their cinematics, but the game is just not worth it. Maybe in five or six years, when the trilogy is complete, and it's bargain-bin price, but...meh.

When did Blizzard become "meh"? WoW, SC, Diablo...all are just sad. Couldn't they have cranked SC2 out in a year? Commit to making money, or commit to making great games, then do it. Their choice is clear.

13. Wilhem Scream... for f*cks sake! Jan 22, 2013, 11:47 eRe4s3r

Every time I hear it now (that I know what it is) I am getting more and more pissed off about it. This is not "subverting a trope" dear CGI movie makers, this is "beating the trope to death with a dead horse that was beaten to death with a horrible scream sound fx"

So on that note. What a terrible intro, Wilhelm scream was in it. 0/10 bla bla.. not gonna buy it

Everytime I hear it a movie instantly turns into a comedy for me. I can't help it. This is one of the dumbest immersion breakers in movies, it's in many light hearted movies where it fits. But then it's also in creepy immersive trailers like THIS ONE? Wow.. ;p Yes, it is totally unimportant thing, 1 sound effect in the whole thing, but it is how it is. I am starting to develop a real hate for that (misuse) of the trope.

12. Re: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Opening Cinematic Jan 22, 2013, 11:21 nin

Creston wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 11:19:
Whether you ultimately choose to play as Protoss, Terran, or Zerg, you simply must ask yourself one question:

Creston

That. That right there.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

11. Re: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Opening Cinematic Jan 22, 2013, 11:19 Creston

Creston

10. Re: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Opening Cinematic Jan 22, 2013, 11:10 Wallshadows

I'll just watch the important storyline parts on youtube for this one and the next.  

9. Re: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Opening Cinematic Jan 22, 2013, 10:56 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, yet another killer CG from Blizzard.

Too bad the Terran player in her dream was horrible!

No bunkers, poor micro, etc.

8. Re: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Opening Cinematic Jan 22, 2013, 10:47 InBlack

Well I really liked Starcraft II, warts and all. It felt like Starcraft 1.5 and to me that is a good thing....

Cant say the same for the new Battle.net 2.0 or Diablo3 though. Fucking up a good thing is basically an understatement in those two cases....

I have a nifty blue line!

7. Re: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Opening Cinematic Jan 22, 2013, 09:49 Darks

pagb wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 09:08:
Awesome! Won't be buying

Me either, Canít stand the new Blizzard. All they are good for anymore is making CGI Movies. Starcrap 2 has no value, units are like paper cutouts. Defenses are nothing more than fodder that gets rolled over far too easily.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

6. Re: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Opening Cinematic Jan 22, 2013, 09:40 Optional nickname

I enjoyed very much, the SC2 campaign, first Terran installment, but I was let down at all that messy Zerg art, I couldn't tell one unit apart from another, let alone their base structures, I was just mowing all things down. It is for this reason, and for the reason that Diablo 3 put a nail in Blizzard for me, gg, no re. Company of Heroes 2, Generals 2, Simcity, The Cave , and saving up for the PS4 as well.

It's not that I don't have money for you Blizzard, it's the principle of the matter, just like you are hardlined to preserve your RMAH engine for D3 and all your future games, well, count me out.

Blizzard, you CAN redeem yourself you know, you can admit to your human fault, now that JW has stepped down, it shows the greater public and your loyal or former loyal follwers, that you became too big, a corporation that designed a game.

now, IF you want to redeem people like me, and I can say there might be millions, and with millions more to breed down the line, then you will scrap Diablo 3, story, game engine, and take 2 years to re-write it completely. I will forgive you, and move on, and play your proper Diablo game if, and only if, you do this.

See ya all on PoE later this year.

5. Re: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Opening Cinematic Jan 22, 2013, 09:25 nin

Kosh401 wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 09:18:
Outstanding cinematic. I'd pay to see a full movie. Can't say the same about SC2 Heart of the Swarm, though; it might be my first pass on a Blizzard game, especially with Company of Heroes 2 coming up for my RTS fix.

It's the first I'm passing on. I never finished the last one. I liked it, but always ended up playing something else.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

4. Re: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Opening Cinematic Jan 22, 2013, 09:18 Kosh401

Outstanding cinematic. I'd pay to see a full movie. Can't say the same about SC2 Heart of the Swarm, though; it might be my first pass on a Blizzard game, especially with Company of Heroes 2 coming up for my RTS fix.  

3. Re: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Opening Cinematic Jan 22, 2013, 09:16 InBlack

Hang on we have three campaigns in this expansion? Isnt the story mode just about the Zerg on this one??  

I have a nifty blue line!

2. Re: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Opening Cinematic Jan 22, 2013, 09:10 Verno

I think you accidentally got two stories mixed up Blue, the stuff below the cinematic is about Primal Carnage.

Free Primal Carnage with EVGA Graphics Cards
EVGA announces they are bundling a free copy of Primal Carnage (a $15.00 value) with the purchase of one of their GeForce GTX 670, 680, or 690 graphics cards ($379.00 and up). This offer is good globally for purchases as of yesterday, these free copies of the multiplayer dinosaur action game will continue as long "as supplies last."

Playing: Dark Souls 2
Watching: Legends, Intruders, Apocalypse Now

1. Re: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Opening Cinematic Jan 22, 2013, 09:08 pagb

Awesome! Won't be buying  

35 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo