Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Q&As

View
3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

3. Re: Morning Q&As Jan 23, 2013, 09:13 gray

“The most important thing about SimCity is the depth and fidelity of the simulation underneath it,” Quigley says. “So it’s a matter of trade-offs. The game has to run smoothly on ordinary computers, and I decided that it’s better to make cities with dense activity and visual detail over cities that are sprawling, but low resolution and inert.”

That doesn't really stack up, we know for a fact this is less detailed than in previous carnations. The complexity should be going up with technology progression. It's standard approach to offer different graphics and gameplay settings to cover the range of hardware available, yet the ability to select city-size is strangely absent. It's more likely that he's talking about server side load due to the forced multiplayer mechanics.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. Re: Morning Q&As Jan 22, 2013, 12:37 Shok

I hope they adjust the price to $20 so it is in line with other "casual" games because that what this game looks like to me.  

1. Re: Morning Q&As Jan 22, 2013, 11:23 Creston

Ocean Quigley: The things you used to really love in SimCity aren't in there anymore, because we focused on putting shit online for DRM purposes, and the rather pathetic implementation of "shared regions."

But hey, you can, like, share fire departments!

Also, we kept city sizes small, otherwise we would have had to invest in more hard disk space.

Creston

3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo