Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Safety Dance

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 23, 2013, 07:54 xXBatmanXx

Ralph Nader calls video games "electronic child molesters." Thanks CNET.

I can only imagine the amount of illegal drugs he was on when he said that....

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 23, 2013, 06:52 Julio

Ralph Nader should be set free on a piece of ice in the arctic. He's over the hill, and out of touch.  

13. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 22, 2013, 21:34 CJ_Parker

C.J. Parker calls Ralph Nader "organic adult molester".  

12. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 22, 2013, 18:05 Flatline

jdreyer wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 14:45:
I agree with a few things Ralph says, but I'm not sure how much blame rests with Obama for doing things like not raising the minimum wage. That's Congress. But I agree he shouldn't be ramping up the drone war, and he should have gone after the banksters more aggressively.

On the other hand, I'll never forgive Nader for handing the presidency to W back in 2000.

Exactly. I remember, vividly, in the 2000 election he said "the only difference between the two candidates is the speed at which they fall to their knees for funding". Then when it looked like he wasn't going to get enough votes to secure federal funding for 2004, he fell to his knees so fast it broke the sound barrier. He still claims he didn't split the vote in Florida BTW.

And then, in 2004, he intentionally and knowingly took RNC money to run in tight states to split the vote. Why? Ego I guess.

Nader went from being an admirable kook to an egomaniac who seemingly would prefer to watch the country burn than be left on the sidelines. He can shove his balls up his ass and clench down until he's castrated. I will celebrate the day he dies for the damage he's helped contribute to in this country.

11. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 22, 2013, 15:54 Ahumado

Lots of sad commentary. The best people I know are not the ones that grew up playing video games or the ones that let their kids grow up free form but the ones that believed in a morality, yes even that extolled by the church. If any of you knew people like that I think your commentary would be different  

10. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 22, 2013, 14:59 jdreyer

Oft-Cited Anti-Violent-Video-Game Study Actually Says Guns Are The Problem.

So, when even the people who authored the study say the issue is the guns, not the games, it's time to listen.

Japan has access to the same violent video games we do, and they probably play more, given the otaku culture. Yet, their firearm homicides (and subsequently homicides in general) are extremely low. Japan has a little less than half our population, yet they average single digits gun-related homicides per year, while we average more than 12,000. Getting a gun is a six month application process that costs $1000s. The guns themselves also cost $1000s due to tariffs, taxes, and registration costs. It is precisely this restriction that created the airsoft industry in Japan, which has since spread worldwide. So, you can have the feel of a military grade weapon, take it into the field, shoot people, and have a beer with your opponent at the end of the day.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

9. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 22, 2013, 14:48 jdreyer

JoeNapalm wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 14:19:
Guy says "Can't we just stop being such assholes to one another?!" so people nail him to a tree and then spend 2000 years killing each other over what he meant by it.

What's not to love?

(Then again, I've been told I have a rather dark sense of humor...)

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

I switched to the FSM, may his infinite noodly appendages spread grace on earth, and rain the tomato sauce of wisdom down upon us all! Avast!

8. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 22, 2013, 14:45 jdreyer

I agree with a few things Ralph says, but I'm not sure how much blame rests with Obama for doing things like not raising the minimum wage. That's Congress. But I agree he shouldn't be ramping up the drone war, and he should have gone after the banksters more aggressively.

On the other hand, I'll never forgive Nader for handing the presidency to W back in 2000.

As for his views on games, they are completely ridiculous as study after study have shown. So, sorry Ralph, all you do is prove you're woefully uninformed on this issue.

@ Negadeath: So funny dude.

7. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 22, 2013, 14:19 JoeNapalm

TurdFergasun wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 13:39:
and yet, even if nader is correct i'd still rather leave my kids in the care of electronic molesters than with the physical ones at the church. At least activision won't move the offending games to another town after each incident to avoid bad publicity. Of course video game lobbies aren't as strong as the clergy's, so we'll probably not be bothered by studies of the negative effects on society from unwavering belief in the magic man and his cults. Hell it's not like it's ever caused any massive violent outbursts before right?

Guy says "Can't we just stop being such assholes to one another?!" so people nail him to a tree and then spend 2000 years killing each other over what he meant by it.

What's not to love?

(Then again, I've been told I have a rather dark sense of humor...)

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

6. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 22, 2013, 13:39 TurdFergasun

and yet, even if nader is correct i'd still rather leave my kids in the care of electronic molesters than with the physical ones at the church. At least activision won't move the offending games to another town after each incident to avoid bad publicity. Of course video game lobbies aren't as strong as the clergy's, so we'll probably not be bothered by studies of the negative effects on society from unwavering belief in the magic man and his cults. Hell it's not like it's ever caused any massive violent outbursts before right?  

5. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 22, 2013, 13:22 NegaDeath

I remember this one time as a child my penis got trapped in the cartridge slot of a NES and it started to shock me. It took many years of therapy to get over that abuse. Thank you Ralph Nader for finally speaking out against these electronic pedophiles!

What's that? What was it doing in there to begin with? Well duh what else would I put it in, a toaster? That's just stupid.

4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 22, 2013, 12:34 PropheT

Ahumado wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 11:56:
Heck, He is right.

Which part? That the president should be the one convincing parents to be parents, or that the people who make something that's not for kids are akin to child molesters when children are allowed to use it freely? Both are laughably stupid.

3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 22, 2013, 11:56 Ahumado

Heck, He is right.  

2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 22, 2013, 11:07 Verno

Ralph Nader is still relevant says Ralph Nader.  

Playing: The Last of Us Remastered
Watching: Intruders, Coherence, The Rover

1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 22, 2013, 10:53 Mr. Tact

Thanks, Ralph. You just keep bangin' your head on that brick wall. Have a good one.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo