Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Top 10

A little later than usual, Valve has updated their list of the 10 bestselling games on their Steam service for the past week:

1. Euro Truck Simulator 2
  2. Arma II: Combined Operations
  3. Far Cry 3
  4. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  5. Aliens Colonial Marines
  6. Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
  7. Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
  8. Borderlands 2 Season Pass
  9. Counter-Strike Global Offensive
  10. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

View
31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

31. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 23, 2013, 02:19 Rigs

The Half Elf wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 08:00:
Rigs how can you drive anything that makes left AND right turns? :)

Haha...yeah, yeah, you do realize there are two road tracks in the NASCAR CUP circuit, right?

jdreyer wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 06:18:
There's a certain logic to a guy name Rigs that digs truck simulators.

Just means I know what I'm talking about...usually...

=-Rigs-=

'Now, we gave you a promise and we are bound by that promise and damn you for asking for it! And damn me for agreeing to it! And damn all of us to hell, because that is exactly where we're going!'
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

30. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 22, 2013, 17:00 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 06:14:
Cutter wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 02:46:

jdreyer wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 02:21:
Still, I don't see how this is so popular as to take the top spot at launch? It kind of boggles the mind.

Good way to see Europe on the cheap. Plus you create your own radio stations with your own MP3s - every game with driving needs to do this. So you can get your trucker on with songs like Convoy, Eastbound and Down, One Piece at a Time, etc.

What, no Willin'? I suppose you can be forgiven since you didn't bring up the biggest cliche of all: Take it Easy.

Well, much like The Dude, I hate the fuckin' Eagles, man. And I should have known this one, being a Deadhead and all - and included 'Truckin'' in that list too.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

29. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 22, 2013, 16:14 Creston

LesCaster wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 13:56:
InBlack wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 05:39:
I sold my Logitech G25 cos I needed money for a new guitar I was drooling over at the time....Worst gaming decision I ever made BTW...

Buying a new guitar is never a bad decision. Explaining to your wife why you need to buy a new guitar when you already have several... well that's another story.

If she asks, ask her why she needs 450 pairs of shoes.

Creston

28. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 22, 2013, 13:56 LesCaster

I sold my Logitech G25 cos I needed money for a new guitar I was drooling over at the time....Worst gaming decision I ever made BTW...

Buying a new guitar is never a bad decision. Explaining to your wife why you need to buy a new guitar when you already have several... well that's another story.

I once prayed to god for a bike, but quickly found out he didnt work that way...so I stole a bike and prayed for his forgiveness.

27. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 22, 2013, 13:22 Creston

Here's the trailer. Lots of footage of driving on suburban and wooded highways, but except for the occasional castle or windmill, it looks like you're driving through Jersey. Still, graphics are nice (Dirt 2-ish) and I like the fact that you're driving without racing, which is unusual. This would be good to get my kids used to the rules of the road before they actually started driving.

Still, I don't see how this is so popular as to take the top spot at launch? It kind of boggles the mind.

Thanks buddy!

From that video you linked, I found this video which shows an incredibly detailed model of the Afsluitdijk in Holland (up to and including that stupid little mini-curve they had to put in because the roads didn't match up,) which really was enough for me. I'm going to give this a go, it looks cool.

Creston

26. Aliens Colonial Marines? Jan 22, 2013, 10:24 Ant

People already went crazy for Aliens Colonial Marines? Sheesh.  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

25. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 22, 2013, 08:27 Muscular Beaver

Dmitri_M wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 08:13:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 06:45:
This DayZ hype is really starting to benefit ArmA 2.
Much more players on normal ArmA 2 servers now. The effect that I feared that there would be much more cheaters because of this, has not been true. However there are much more teamkillers and other griefers on servers now.
There will be a brief spike in players. The sorts of players who complain about the game or require endless help and then quit. Few will stay for the non Day-Z content.

This has actually gone on for months. There are quite a lot of regular players, who are pretty good, and they dont seem to be quitting anytime soon. Even some providers of DayZ server have started to add Warfare servers or similar.
From what I hear those are actually people who couldnt stand DayZ anymore because of the game breaking bugs. These bugs dont affect the normal ArmA 2 gamemodes nearly as much.

This comment was edited on Jan 22, 2013, 08:32.

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo

24. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 22, 2013, 08:13 Dmitri_M

Muscular Beaver wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 06:45:
Much more players on normal ArmA 2 servers now. The effect that I feared that there would be much more cheaters because of this, has not been true. However there are much more teamkillers and other griefers on servers now.
There will be a brief spike in players. The sorts of players who complain about the game or require endless help and then quit. Few will stay for the non Day-Z content.

23. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 22, 2013, 08:00 The Half Elf

Rigs wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 01:40:
Narf2029 wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 00:33:
Don't knock it til you try it. It's surprisingly cathartic.

Indeed, I actually just dropped by here to check the latest news after spending at least the last 3 hours playing ETS2. While I'm a big sim-racing fanatic, I'm not always crazy about these 'sim-everything' games (like Woodcutter Simulator or Garbage Truck Simulator (which is garbage btw) or whatever) but Euro Truck Sim 2 is really nice and a big upgrade from the 'barebones' '18 Wheels Of Steel' series. Things are thought out and the physics/driving engine is very good. Seriously, give it a try if you're even a tad bit interested or curious, it's worth it! Cool

=-Rigs-=

Rigs how can you drive anything that makes left AND right turns?

Does this mean eventually we'll get a Smokey and the Bandit game?

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

22. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 22, 2013, 06:45 Muscular Beaver

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo

21. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 22, 2013, 06:19 jdreyer

Yeah, you can pry my driving wheel and pedals from my cold dead fingers and, uh, soles of my feet.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

20. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 22, 2013, 06:18 jdreyer

There's a certain logic to a guy name Rigs that digs truck simulators.  

19. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 22, 2013, 06:14 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 02:46:

Good way to see Europe on the cheap. Plus you create your own radio stations with your own MP3s - every game with driving needs to do this. So you can get your trucker on with songs like Convoy, Eastbound and Down, One Piece at a Time, etc.

What, no Willin'? I suppose you can be forgiven since you didn't bring up the biggest cliche of all: Take it Easy.

18. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 22, 2013, 05:39 InBlack

I have a nifty blue line!

17. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 22, 2013, 04:08 kyleb

Still, I don't see how this is so popular
More likely just as slow week with most everything else having recently been on sale, and Aliens Colonial Marines not out for a couple more weeks.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 22, 2013, 02:55 Rigs

Creston wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 01:58:
How well are the environments modeled? I mean, do you genuinely feel like you're driving through European countryside? Or is it just generic "green" backgrounds? Do you ever drive through cities/villages? Is there any difference in backgrounds when you go through different countries?

I'll be honest, I kind of like the idea of simming my way through Europe in an ERF.

Creston

Here's the trailer. Lots of footage of driving on suburban and wooded highways, but except for the occasional castle or windmill, it looks like you're driving through Jersey. Still, graphics are nice (Dirt 2-ish) and I like the fact that you're driving without racing, which is unusual. This would be good to get my kids used to the rules of the road before they actually started driving.

Yeah, the environment modeling could use a little work in the 'unique' department, though it threw me for a loop when I based in Luxembourg and then got a job into the UK and was all of a sudden driving on the 'wrong' side of the road! That took some getting used to! But your trips across country are nice and pretty long, depending on where you're going. Weather is modeled well and visibility drops quite a bit in rain. Graphics are nice with all the newer post-effects present like Depth of Field, Bloom and whatnot. My system chugs a little when the settings are high, especially in the rain and night time with all the lights on but that may just be my system alone. There are a lot of graphics options to get the right fit for whatever system. It's not like the typical budget title where your choices are 'Low', 'Med' or 'High' and nothing else. The truck interiors are very detailed and customizable, as are the exteriors and there are a fair amount of truck brands to choose from. Plus, there are mods out that give you more trucks, brands, graphical tweaks and different maps. There's also a map editor, though accessing it is not very intuitive and best done in 'Windowed Mode'. If you're even half curious, check out the demo. It really is surprising that a game like this can be so good but nonetheless, it is...

EDIT: Also, wanted to add that it fully supports wheels and pedals along with H-shifters (like my Logi G-25) as well and I recommend using it if you have one! Awesome experience!

=-Rigs-=

'Now, we gave you a promise and we are bound by that promise and damn you for asking for it! And damn me for agreeing to it! And damn all of us to hell, because that is exactly where we're going!'

15. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 22, 2013, 02:46 Cutter

How well are the environments modeled? I mean, do you genuinely feel like you're driving through European countryside? Or is it just generic "green" backgrounds? Do you ever drive through cities/villages? Is there any difference in backgrounds when you go through different countries?

I'll be honest, I kind of like the idea of simming my way through Europe in an ERF.

Creston

Grab the trial off the website. It's the full game which you can unlock if you choose to buy.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

14. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 22, 2013, 02:21 jdreyer

Creston

13. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 22, 2013, 01:58 Creston

Creston

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 22, 2013, 01:40 Rigs

Narf2029 wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 00:33:
Don't knock it til you try it. It's surprisingly cathartic.

Indeed, I actually just dropped by here to check the latest news after spending at least the last 3 hours playing ETS2. While I'm a big sim-racing fanatic, I'm not always crazy about these 'sim-everything' games (like Woodcutter Simulator or Garbage Truck Simulator (which is garbage btw) or whatever) but Euro Truck Sim 2 is really nice and a big upgrade from the 'barebones' '18 Wheels Of Steel' series. Things are thought out and the physics/driving engine is very good. Seriously, give it a try if you're even a tad bit interested or curious, it's worth it! Cool

=-Rigs-=

31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo