Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Storm Brewing at Starbreeze

The Games in Development section on the Starbreeze Website has a recently added listing for an unannounced co-op, science fiction FPS game called Storm. There is nothing there yet but an image and the following three lines: "Currently in development. Co-op Sci Fi FPS. It is our future." VG247 notes that that section does not have a listing for Cold Mercury, a "freemium" game announced early last year, so it's possible this is a new title for that project.

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Storm Brewing at Starbreeze Jan 21, 2013, 16:39 Aero

Crustacean Soup wrote on Jan 21, 2013, 16:28:
Aero wrote on Jan 21, 2013, 15:57:
It's getting to the point where I couldn't care less about another Unreal Engine, flying a floating gun, first person shooter regardless of how well it's executed.
I thought player movement in Dishonored was pretty good

That's true, Dishonored did do that pretty well. It's funny how most games neglect that, yet in my view it's one of the most important aspects of a first person shooter.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Storm Brewing at Starbreeze Jan 21, 2013, 16:33 eRe4s3r

Also it had no FOV slider, so it was absolutely unplayable.. but there you go...  

10. Re: Storm Brewing at Starbreeze Jan 21, 2013, 16:28 Crustacean Soup

Aero wrote on Jan 21, 2013, 15:57:
It's getting to the point where I couldn't care less about another Unreal Engine, flying a floating gun, first person shooter regardless of how well it's executed.
I thought player movement in Dishonored was pretty good

9. Re: Storm Brewing at Starbreeze Jan 21, 2013, 15:57 Aero

I actually think Starbreeze has the best FPS engine currently going. Syndicate, despite it's overall conceptual and artistic flaws, did the gameplay details really well: Good sense of player movement, above average AI, the cover system worked really well, and the weapon handling and shooting was excellent.

8. Re: Storm Brewing at Starbreeze Jan 21, 2013, 15:23 jdreyer

Can't get to the starbreeze website at all. Is anyone else having problems? The rest of my internet seems fine.  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

7. Re: Storm Brewing at Starbreeze Jan 21, 2013, 15:07 Parias

Sir Graves wrote on Jan 21, 2013, 14:42:
Cool stuff. Co-op is awesome when done right (especially if you have a regular gaming group you play with) and I'm so glad it's had a resurgence in recent years!

I echo this sentiment - I love the hell out of co-op play and don't think it really deserves that bad of a rap. I'd rather play a game in a proper, storyline-driven co-op setting than competitive deathmatch.

That said, I do feel this should be balanced out by having a strong singleplayer setting to begin with. It's all about the storyline.

6. Re: Storm Brewing at Starbreeze Jan 21, 2013, 14:42 Sir Graves

Cool stuff. Co-op is awesome when done right (especially if you have a regular gaming group you play with) and I'm so glad it's had a resurgence in recent years!  

5. Re: Storm Brewing at Starbreeze Jan 21, 2013, 11:16 Creston

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 21, 2013, 10:59:
Coop FPS = The lazy way out if you don't want to code a proper AI ;p How is it that these crap games are still made. Someone gotta have to think "Oh gee, I dunno, maybe we should stop making crap games?" or something...

Because the crap games sell, for some reason, and so the publishers keep wanting crap games to be made.

Time for the publishers to die out. So far, they're doing well in that regard.

Creston

4. Re: Storm Brewing at Starbreeze Jan 21, 2013, 10:59 eRe4s3r

Coop FPS = The lazy way out if you don't want to code a proper AI ;p How is it that these crap games are still made. Someone gotta have to think "Oh gee, I dunno, maybe we should stop making crap games?" or something...  

3. Re: Storm Brewing at Starbreeze Jan 21, 2013, 10:56 nin

TangledThorns wrote on Jan 21, 2013, 10:49:
It'd be better if they made another Riddick game.

It would, and with another movie coming soon, it would be a great time.

Cross your fingers!

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

2. Re: Storm Brewing at Starbreeze Jan 21, 2013, 10:49 TangledThorns

It'd be better if they made another Riddick game.  

1. Re: Storm Brewing at Starbreeze Jan 21, 2013, 10:35 Creston

Starbreeze did the Syndicate 'remake', didn't they?

Fucking terrible game in SP. I wouldn't play another sci fi FPS SP by them, but apparently the co-op was pretty good, and this may be a co-op game?

Creston

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo