Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Three Dog on Fallout Tease Fallout

The Fallout wiki has a new trailer offering an audio interview (conducted in an echo chamber) with Erik Dellums the voice actor behind Three Dog, the DJ from the Fallout series, who recently made headlines by teasing a possible return of his character. They specify right off that he's not there to discuss any unannounced projects, but they do discuss the reaction to his tweets like this, as he says neither he nor Bethesda thought this would cause the sensation it has, a na´vetÚ he may be able to pull off, but it's hard to believe Bethesda did not no the reaction fans would have to a new Fallout tease. Thanks No Mutants Allowed.

View
33 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

33. Re: Three Dog on Fallout Tease Fallout Jan 22, 2013, 16:22 Jerykk

vrok wrote on Jan 21, 2013, 17:47:
Three Dog: I fight the Good Fight with my voice here on Galaxy News Radio
Lone Wanderer: [Intelligence] So you fight the Good Fight with your voice on Galaxy News Radio, right?

Only thing I will ever associate Three Dog with. Horrible game.

Hah, too true. While I appreciate that Bethesda at least attempted to put skill checks into the game, their implementation was easily the worst I've ever seen. They seriously need to fire whoever does their writing.

Someone should make a website dedicated to the worst skill checks in FO3. It would be a comedy goldmine.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

32. Re: Three Dog on Fallout Tease Fallout Jan 22, 2013, 09:57 MajorD

jdreyer wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 02:02:
MajorD wrote on Jan 21, 2013, 20:20:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 21, 2013, 14:53:
Thanks, MajorD. Bought Fallout last year but still have yet to play it. Played Oblivion a couple of years ago with all the mods and had a great time so will definitely check it out.

NP! Hopefully you'll like it, especially with some of the top Mods.

Oblivion is the next one I want to jump back into, but I'll probably start over, as it has been too long since I orginally played it; I was only a few hours into it anyway. What would be you top 5 you would recommend for Oblivion?

First I installed the unoffical Oblivion patch. I considered installing either Oscuro's Overhaul or Francesco's Leveled Creatures, but ultimately decided to go with the experience intended by the devs, gameplay wise. The plan was to do a second play through with one or both of those, but then I never got around to it. Now I kind of wish I'd installed them to start with.

To make it look nicer, I installed Qarl's texture pack, Unique Landscapes, and Natural Environments. I also installed the Darnified UI to make the UI work better on a big PC monitor. And I installed the Oblivion mod manager to control it all. I also added Midas' Magic Spells which adds a bunch of new magic.

I didn't run into any conflicts with this somewhat modest install, with the exception of one new dungeon I couldn't get through.

Here's a comprehensive forum post on Steam talking about different mods and how to best install them to avoid conflicts.

EDIT: Here's an even MORE comprehensive mod guide over at overclock.net. Wow. Makes me want to install even more stuff and run through it again. As if I have time for that...

Very cool! Thanks for the information, I appreciate it.

Cheers!

31. Re: Three Dog on Fallout Tease Fallout Jan 22, 2013, 02:02 jdreyer

MajorD wrote on Jan 21, 2013, 20:20:
Thanks, MajorD. Bought Fallout last year but still have yet to play it. Played Oblivion a couple of years ago with all the mods and had a great time so will definitely check it out.

Oblivion is the next one I want to jump back into, but I'll probably start over, as it has been too long since I orginally played it; I was only a few hours into it anyway. What would be you top 5 you would recommend for Oblivion?

First I installed the unoffical Oblivion patch. I considered installing either Oscuro's Overhaul or Francesco's Leveled Creatures, but ultimately decided to go with the experience intended by the devs, gameplay wise. The plan was to do a second play through with one or both of those, but then I never got around to it. Now I kind of wish I'd installed them to start with.

To make it look nicer, I installed Qarl's texture pack, Unique Landscapes, and Natural Environments. I also installed the Darnified UI to make the UI work better on a big PC monitor. And I installed the Oblivion mod manager to control it all. I also added Midas' Magic Spells which adds a bunch of new magic.

I didn't run into any conflicts with this somewhat modest install, with the exception of one new dungeon I couldn't get through.

Here's a comprehensive forum post on Steam talking about different mods and how to best install them to avoid conflicts.

EDIT: Here's an even MORE comprehensive mod guide over at overclock.net. Wow. Makes me want to install even more stuff and run through it again. As if I have time for that...

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

30. Re: Three Dog on Fallout Tease Fallout Jan 22, 2013, 00:37 Bhruic

I don't even recall him, so I guess that's how "memorable" he was for me. I'm definitely interested in another Fallout (although I'd rather have Obsidian do it), but him being in it is of no interest to me at all.  

29. Re: Three Dog on Fallout Tease Fallout Jan 21, 2013, 20:20 MajorD

28. Re: Three Dog on Fallout Tease Fallout Jan 21, 2013, 19:19 Fibrocyte

vrok wrote on Jan 21, 2013, 17:47:
Lone Wanderer: [Intelligence] So you fight the Good Fight with your voice on Galaxy News Radio, right?

This trolling is worse than what Lupe Fiasco pulled at the inauguration concert.

27. Re: Three Dog on Fallout Tease Fallout Jan 21, 2013, 19:12 Krizzen

I really enjoyed hearing: "This is Three Dawg, AAHHOOOO!"

He added a LOT to the atmosphere, assuming you listened to the radio as much as I did. The whole radio concept was brilliant in my opinion. Sure, in-game radios have been done over and over in GTA, but it seemed really special in a post-apocalyptic massively singleplayer RPG.

More is good!

26. Re: Three Dog on Fallout Tease Fallout Jan 21, 2013, 18:00 Slashman

jdreyer wrote on Jan 21, 2013, 17:38:
Slashman wrote on Jan 21, 2013, 17:00:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 21, 2013, 14:50:
Slashman wrote on Jan 21, 2013, 13:54:
Rattlehead wrote on Jan 21, 2013, 12:40:
I have a good theory I why many people don't like 3dog. Hint: Because he's black.

Strange is the day I find myself in agreement with Rattlehead...

Because that matters how exactly? He's a VOICE actor. WTF indeed.

That's exactly the point. He's a voice actor.

He did a pretty decent job. What the hell would it matter if he appeared in the next Fallout game for whatever reason?

What's the actual reason for people not liking him? Hell, everybody thought Claptrap was great in Borderlands and you can't get much more annoying than that. What's (unfortunate) about him being an NPC in the game?

Who would have been a better choice for the part and why?

Sorry, Slash, it sounded like you were agreeing with Rattlehead, but it sounds like you didn't read his vile "hint". Or perhaps I misread Rattlehead. He gave a disgusting reason that people didn't like 3Dog, but perhaps he was talking about other people, and not something he personally subscribed to.

I didn't think he was implying that he meant the reason for himself(or at least I hope he wasn't).

Although, I have seen plenty of times on internet forums where people express dislike for an actor or character and sometimes that's the only conclusion I'm left with because the people or characters they compare them to aren't any better.

I thought he pretty much did his part well.

25. Re: Three Dog on Fallout Tease Fallout Jan 21, 2013, 17:47 vrok

24. Re: Three Dog on Fallout Tease Fallout Jan 21, 2013, 17:38 jdreyer

Slashman wrote on Jan 21, 2013, 17:00:
I have a good theory I why many people don't like 3dog. Hint: Because he's black.

He did a pretty decent job. What the hell would it matter if he appeared in the next Fallout game for whatever reason?

What's the actual reason for people not liking him? Hell, everybody thought Claptrap was great in Borderlands and you can't get much more annoying than that. What's (unfortunate) about him being an NPC in the game?

Sorry, Slash, it sounded like you were agreeing with Rattlehead, but it sounds like you didn't read his vile "hint". Or perhaps I misread Rattlehead. He gave a disgusting reason that people didn't like 3Dog, but perhaps he was talking about other people, and not something he personally subscribed to.

23. Re: Three Dog on Fallout Tease Fallout Jan 21, 2013, 17:15 MajorD

TurdFergasun wrote on Jan 21, 2013, 16:09:
Calistoga wrote on Jan 21, 2013, 15:40:
I loved Three Dog!!

same here, added good character weight to the game, believable character, much of what i liked about fo3.

Engaging believable characters > content quantity.

Me too; I loved Three Dog. Entertaining, believable, and he added a good aspect to the game IMHO.

22. Re: Three Dog on Fallout Tease Fallout Jan 21, 2013, 17:00 Slashman

21. Re: Three Dog on Fallout Tease Fallout Jan 21, 2013, 16:09 TurdFergasun

Calistoga wrote on Jan 21, 2013, 15:40:
I loved Three Dog!!

same here, added good character weight to the game, believable character, much of what i liked about fo3.

Engaging believable characters > content quantity.

20. Re: Three Dog on Fallout Tease Fallout Jan 21, 2013, 16:03 dumpy

A trailer about some guy who 'tweeted' about a game and the adorable na´vetÚ of himself and Bethesda.

Sounds like something Valve would do - "We'll be unveiling our next big project soon! Be sure to constantly check our website!". A week later - "Oh yeah sorry, we didn't intend on giving people false hope about HL3"

Pass.

19. Re: Three Dog on Fallout Tease Fallout Jan 21, 2013, 15:40 Calistoga

I loved Three Dog!!  

18. Re: Three Dog on Fallout Tease Fallout Jan 21, 2013, 15:01 Fibrocyte

Blue needs an editor.  

17. Re: Three Dog on Fallout Tease Fallout Jan 21, 2013, 14:53 jdreyer

16. Re: Three Dog on Fallout Tease Fallout Jan 21, 2013, 14:50 jdreyer

15. Re: Three Dog on Fallout Tease Fallout Jan 21, 2013, 14:46 Verno

Whatever dude, no one cares if Threedog is white, black or turquoise. People want more info about a new Fallout game, not some random VA saying maybe on twitter or whatever.

Playing: Dark Souls 2
Watching: Korengal, Legends, Intruders

14. Re: Three Dog on Fallout Tease Fallout Jan 21, 2013, 14:43 MajorD

The Modding community has some fantastic upgrades and tweaks for Fallout 3. Some gamers are purest, some aren't. For those who aren't and want to check out some fantastic Mods for Fallout 3 go here. It does take reading and tweaking, so if you like that kind of thing, then it is worth checking out if you haven't already. I have modded the heck out of my Fallout 3 install, I run a Mod/file manager, and Fallout 3 looks awesome, gameplay is incredible, and is much more immersive now than the vanilla game ever thought of being.

If anyone one is interested in which Mods I installed and/or recommend, just let me know.

33 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo