Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Gatherings & Competitions

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jan 22, 2013, 00:42 NKD

Ozmodan wrote on Jan 21, 2013, 09:04:
Most of the playerbase is toxic. Just a bunch of very foul mouthed kids who probably never leave their mom's basement.

The whole genre is toxic.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jan 21, 2013, 17:48 MrGrosser

There isn't voice chat. Just a chat window that scrolls by as the kids troll. There is a mute feature just /mute <playername> which as someone stated earlier people will report you for muting. I've resorted to just /mute all and that way no chat from anyone. Not really an option if it is 3v3 or 5v5. Once again, another reason I play against bots. I really don't need to know how many 11-13yr olds have fucked my mom.  

10. Re: RE: Follow up Jan 21, 2013, 17:27 Asmodai

You can chat in team and cross team which leads to a lot of smack talk.

My biggest gear grinder in this game is that the rounds are long and if you get a griefer or a bad team, you waste time that could be better spent having a good game (even if you lose). It's incredibly frustrating and generally I have to log before I lose my shit (My favourite response to "U mad bro?!?" is "You bet your fat fucking ass I am!"...)

9. Re: RE: Follow up Jan 21, 2013, 15:27 UConnBBall

Have to say most games are 100% fine, BUT when not I just mute people and tell them I am muting them in one minute. Then they go one the all chat to report me for muting them  

8. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jan 21, 2013, 15:25 jdreyer

Beamer wrote on Jan 21, 2013, 15:01:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 21, 2013, 14:58:
I don't play LoL, so what is the issue exactly? First, are your opponents on your voicechat? Why is that? Second can't individuals be muted and why isn't that the solution instead of banning?

So you're saying muting should always be the solution?

Well, not always I suppose. But most competitive multiplayer games I've played, I don't hear my opponents on voicechat. So, I"m wondering how LoL works.

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

7. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jan 21, 2013, 15:01 Beamer

jdreyer wrote on Jan 21, 2013, 14:58:
I don't play LoL, so what is the issue exactly? First, are your opponents on your voicechat? Why is that? Second can't individuals be muted and why isn't that the solution instead of banning?

So you're saying muting should always be the solution?

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

6. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jan 21, 2013, 14:58 jdreyer

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

5. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jan 21, 2013, 13:35 Dev

I RTFA:
enVision has been reported in 29% of his total matches, six times more than the average EU LoL player. The tribunal also supplied statistics on his alternate accounts, including a staggering 436 reports in only 135 games while playing as JungleReject. He had previously received 18 punishments across his total League of Legends history, including two account bans.

Not exactly a surprise.

4. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jan 21, 2013, 11:34 Keilun

MrGrosser wrote on Jan 21, 2013, 11:30:
It is kind of sad that I won't even play PvP anymore. I get IP Win vs Bots for the day and that is it. Even then I'm usually starting the game with /mute all

Yeah I'm the same way. My gf and I just stick to Coop these days. It's not a very forgiving community for mistakes. Although it's way better in the Coop games, there's still the oddball that throws the random hissyfit over something minor.

3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jan 21, 2013, 11:30 MrGrosser

It is kind of sad that I won't even play PvP anymore. I get IP Win vs Bots for the day and that is it. Even then I'm usually starting the game with /mute all

2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jan 21, 2013, 10:24 Creston

So, three of them banned, that leaves... 6.999.997 of total asshats playing LoL?

Creston

1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jan 21, 2013, 09:04 Ozmodan

Most of the playerbase is toxic. Just a bunch of very foul mouthed kids who probably never leave their mom's basement.  

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo