Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

You may have noticed the first updates of the day have been going up a bit earlier lately: This is indeed intentional, but I can't promise I can keep on the same schedule going forward, simply based on an erratic history in this regard, but I will try.

Erratic Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Catch a Duck.
Links: Richard Marx hates my guts. Thanks nin.
Image: I knew that I've seen it before. Wow.
Media: Starbucks Verismo - Saturday Night Live.
Hungover Barber Shop Quartet.
Cat vs. Tin Foil.
The Funnies: At the gym: who is looking at whom?
Follow-up: Te'o to be interviewed by Katie Couric.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 21, 2013, 21:45 Mr. Tact

67-0 That was New England's record with Brady at home when leading at the half. Clearly Baltimore did a better job of half time adjustments. It's a lose-lose Superbowl for me. San Fran is 5-0 in Superbowls, can't route for them. And as long as Ray Lewis is there I can't route for Baltimore. Might have to watch the game delayed via the DVR...  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 21, 2013, 16:12 jdreyer

My GF dragged me to a Richard Marx concert in the late 80s, and despite the fact that I hated his music, the concert actually rocked. The guitar player turned up the distortion, and all his songs were played at a faster pace, both of which improved them. And he played a bunch of covers, too: Stones, Beatles, and a few others like that. I guess that's what happens when you go in with low expectations sometimes. Probably like Ravens fans.  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 21, 2013, 13:07 John

Well, it'll be interesting to see which brother coaches better against the other!  
This space is available for rent

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 21, 2013, 12:28 Cutter

Yeah I don't what the fuck happened to the Pats yesterday but man were they ever flat. Given how they played the rest of the year they should have handled the Ravens without too much trouble. Oh well, it was theirs to lose. 49ers better win or we'll never hear the end of that murderous thug, Ray Lewis. I'm already nauseated with the amount of focus on him and seeing that prick just yammering on praising god. Yes, their D is impressive but it's not like they'd be their without Flacco.

And while I've always liked the 49ers, Kapernick bothers me too. He seems to be another arrogant little prick. Still better they win it. It should at least be a good game.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 21, 2013, 11:14 Creston

Heh, so I thought the 49'ers were playing at home (d'oh!), but even so Atlanta still crapped the bed like I expected them to. Bad coaching always tells.

And the Ravens followed the "defeat Brady" plan to a T. Keep hammering him, and he becomes mortal. (To be fair, that's probably true for every QB that ever existed with maybe the exception of Steve McNair and Steve Young.)

Although I said that the Ravens owned the Pats the last two times that they met in the playoffs, which of course wasn't true, since the Pats won last year.

It's great to go 2-0 despite yourself.

Creston

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 21, 2013, 09:00 Verno

So yeah, the Patriots wanked out last night. At least SF performed as expected or should I say Atlanta yet again failed to make any meaningful half-time changes.

Baltimore / SF is an interesting match up. SF has been running an average O all year and Baltimore has a strong D so it's going to be a tough choice.

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 21, 2013, 08:39 Mouser

It's just old age Blue..... welcome to club.... Excuse me one sec.
GET THE HELL OFF MY LAWN YOU LITTLE BASTARDS!!!

Back to what I was saying, I notice I sleep less and get up earlier, and I know you are at least a year older than me as well. So this is just par for the course for us I think.

I think you should plan some big crazy party in LV for your 50th....

Mouser

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 21, 2013, 08:37 nin

Early updates are always welcome! Thanks!

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo