Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Sunday Metaverse

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jan 21, 2013, 10:42 Verno

They don't need to assassinate him, he will eat himself into an early grave.  

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jan 21, 2013, 06:41 Julio

Cutter wrote on Jan 20, 2013, 19:08:
Regardless, yeah Dotcom is tempting fate. He's painted a major bullseye on himself now and sooner or later they will come down on him like a ton of bricks.

I'm betting on an assassination, which will be ruled an accidental death. If they can't get him one way, they'll get him another.

6. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jan 20, 2013, 19:09 nin

DrSquick wrote on Jan 20, 2013, 19:01:
Is the new Mega just supposed to be like The Pirate Bay? Openly doing illegal stuff, but skirting the rules just enough to not get shut down?

You can read a bit more about it here. Basically, the idea is the data in encrypted so that (supposedly) mega can't see what it is.

It's interesting. But yeah, I'm more than a little leery.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

5. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jan 20, 2013, 19:08 Cutter

The Motion Picture Association of America expressed scepticism about Mega. "We are still reviewing how this new project will operate, but we do know that Kim Dotcom has built his career and his fortune on stealing creative works," it said.

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

Regardless, yeah Dotcom is tempting fate. He's painted a major bullseye on himself now and sooner or later they will come down on him like a ton of bricks.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

4. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jan 20, 2013, 19:01 DrSquick

Who in their right mind would put anything important on Mega? It seems that Dotcom is taunting incredibly powerful forces to do everything in their legal power, and more, to smite him.

Maybe I am old-fashioned, I don't even trust Google or Microsoft enough to move my business mail to their cloud for fear of how big of a target they are. But Dotcom is actively drawing the ire of people who can destroy my data?

Is the new Mega just supposed to be like The Pirate Bay? Openly doing illegal stuff, but skirting the rules just enough to not get shut down?

3. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jan 20, 2013, 17:47 ASeven

Kim Dotcom is a douchebag but in this case I have to stand for him, the US govt case against Megaupload has been revealed to be so full of holes and illegalities that it's best to let a scammer and douche run around free then allow a govt to carry out such a miscarriage of justice in the name of Hollywood.  

2. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jan 20, 2013, 16:52 Sepharo

Hilarious.  

1. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jan 20, 2013, 16:11 Kosumo

Kim Dotcom gives the Mega finger to the FBI/old Hollywood.  

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo