Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Windows Grand Theft Auto V Listed

There's a listing on Amazon.fr for a Windows edition of GTA V, the next installment in the open-world action series. It is not clear if this is an error, or just a premature revelation of an actual PC edition of the game, which remains unconfirmed. Thanks VG247.

View
28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

28. Re: Windows Grand Theft Auto V Listed Jan 20, 2013, 23:35 Jackplug

yeah maybe listed but wont tell us that its a shitty console port!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

27. Re: Windows Grand Theft Auto V Listed Jan 20, 2013, 22:11 xXBatmanXx

Saints Row 3 has constant reloading of the whole environment. Anytime you finish the smallest task, it brings up the leveling screen - which i am SURE reloads the whole map. If you turn your back on a car, you turn around, it is a different car or there are no cars at all. There are many times when there is nothing on the street and no people at all.....  

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

26. Re: Windows Grand Theft Auto V Listed Jan 20, 2013, 22:07 xXBatmanXx

GTA games are one of the few games that I drop everythign else I am playing for. Looking forward to this.  

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

25. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 20, 2013, 19:42 Rigs

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jan 20, 2013, 18:39:
Sorry, Rigs. I had the reply window open and had left for a bit before I came back and responded. Didn't even see what you said until a few minutes ago.

Ah, I'd be embarrassed to admit how many times I've done that...

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

24. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 20, 2013, 18:39 Burrito of Peace

Rigs wrote on Jan 20, 2013, 18:21:
*taps mic*

'Hello?! Is this thing on?!'

I suppose none of the games I mentioned apply either?

=-Rigs-=

Sorry, Rigs. I had the reply window open and had left for a bit before I came back and responded. Didn't even see what you said until a few minutes ago.

23. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 20, 2013, 18:21 Rigs

*taps mic*

'Hello?! Is this thing on?!'

I suppose none of the games I mentioned apply either?

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

22. Re: Windows Grand Theft Auto V Listed Jan 20, 2013, 17:29 Burrito of Peace

nin wrote on Jan 20, 2013, 13:19:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Jan 20, 2013, 13:14:

Skyrim...and it looks much better.

Where towns/dungeons are a completely separate map. Great choice.

And, as Dades said, so did GTAIV. However, that wasn't the criteria that The Half Elf set forth. Further, Skyrim was playable at launch on the PC for most people and wasn't saddled with a crippling performance problem even on the most high end of machines.

Advantage: Skyrim.

21. Re: Windows Grand Theft Auto V Listed Jan 20, 2013, 17:09 ansurez

The Half Elf wrote on Jan 20, 2013, 11:59:
As I have said before (if ya have the rig for it) got start up GTA4 and put the graphics to max. Now please tell me 1 other game out there that has that much detail and space going on in it's game?

Ultima VII

20. Re: Windows Grand Theft Auto V Listed Jan 20, 2013, 14:22 Dades

Where towns/dungeons are a completely separate map. Great choice

You can't enter 99.91431% of the buildings you see in GTA4 and missions often take you to a different area so assets can be loaded in the background and script/triggers reset. Both games have an impressive amount of detail though.

- DADES - This is a signature of my name, enjoy!

19. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 20, 2013, 14:15 Rigs

As I have said before (if ya have the rig for it) got start up GTA4 and put the graphics to max. Now please tell me 1 other game out there that has that much detail and space going on in it's game?

To play 'Devil's Advocate' here, I would say that Just Cause 2 has quite a bit going on and very nice detail, at times. At others it is quite devoid of life, especially after clearing out a 'stronghold' or whatever. Saints Row 3 maybe? I haven't played it enough to be sure. Dead Rising 2 had a lot going on at once sometimes, but it's not as 'open-ended'. Driver: San Fran was much better looking and had better driving mechanics but, of course, you couldn't get out of the car. Far Cry 3 is much better looking but more limited in scope. Another GTA-wannabe, Mercenaries 2, was pretty detailed and had some innovations shared with Just Cause 2, but was buggy as all hell, especially graphics and physics-wise. Still, I enjoyed it immensely until hitting a critical bug that prevented me from progressing any further, at which point I just stopped playing altogether... *shrugs*

=-Rigs-=

18. Re: Windows Grand Theft Auto V Listed Jan 20, 2013, 13:19 nin

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

17. Re: Windows Grand Theft Auto V Listed Jan 20, 2013, 13:14 Burrito of Peace

16. Re: Windows Grand Theft Auto V Listed Jan 20, 2013, 11:59 The Half Elf

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

15. Re: Windows Grand Theft Auto V Listed Jan 20, 2013, 11:50 The Magician

oh, yes, and choke the crap out of the guys who came up with the cover system that it only taught you once, there were no printed instructions for, and you could never get it to teach it to you again, so because it was absolutely necessary to use it to get through some missions, if you didn't pick it up the first time through, you were completely screwed. Or if you took a 6 week break from the game, and couldn't remember it.

14. Re: Windows Grand Theft Auto V Listed Jan 20, 2013, 11:48 The Magician

Hyatus wrote on Jan 20, 2013, 10:42:
SectorEffector wrote on Jan 20, 2013, 01:45:
You're out to lunch if GTA IV doesn't satisfy you any bit.

GTA IV on PC with Mod Support and full res is a SOLID game with some very apparent flakey extra fat bits that should have been omitted.

I guess I'm stuck in line and ordering a sandwich, then, unless there's a mod that actually makes the driving feel as fun as it did in the previous games. GTA should not be a freakin' driving sim.

Sticking Ice nHancer on GTA IV and driving around town was the only fun to be had in GTA IV, after maybe the first 10 or 12 missions. By that time, I wanted to choke the crap out of the player character, as well as his dumbass friends, and the guys who thought that having to hang out with your buddies inbetween missions was an awesome idea.

13. Re: Windows Grand Theft Auto V Listed Jan 20, 2013, 10:42 Hyatus

SectorEffector wrote on Jan 20, 2013, 01:45:

GTA IV on PC with Mod Support and full res is a SOLID game with some very apparent flakey extra fat bits that should have been omitted.

I guess I'm stuck in line and ordering a sandwich, then, unless there's a mod that actually makes the driving feel as fun as it did in the previous games. GTA should not be a freakin' driving sim.

12. Re: Windows Grand Theft Auto V Listed Jan 20, 2013, 01:45 SectorEffector

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jan 19, 2013, 19:26:
NKD wrote on Jan 19, 2013, 17:47:
I'll be really surprised if GTA V comes out within a year of the console versions.
Even if it does, who cares? GTAIV was a disaster on PC and the gameplay was dated. Nothing I've seen about GTAV makes me think it will be any different. More importantly, WatchDogs actually looks like a decent game and it is getting a proper PC release.

The fact they're not willing to show off any gameplay or technical videos is an obvious warning sign. That and the trailers they've put out look bad for 2008, let alone 2013.

Rockstar doesn't have to. I'll def pick it up on sale!

GTA IV on PC with Mod Support and full res is a SOLID game with some very apparent flakey extra fat bits that should have been omitted.. but with its current steam sale price, is a hell of deal.

The vitriol you have towards GTA IV is like me with Saints Row III.. Diff demographics. So I get it
I just wish I could get my $40 back for SR III

This comment was edited on Jan 20, 2013, 01:51.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-Q2iICtlIc

11. Re: Windows Grand Theft Auto V Listed Jan 20, 2013, 00:31 StingingVelvet

Kosumo wrote on Jan 20, 2013, 00:25:
When have they ever show gameplay or technical videos for any of the GTA games? (before release)

Just because you did not enjoy GTAIV on the PC does not make it a disaster. While the port was far from great, and the socail club shit was unwelcome, I still enjoyed it and the two Episodes.

Being a long time PC gamer (has you are), I'm sure you have seen may games that have been 'ruff' and or 'buggy' that have still been fun.

While the gameplay was not fresh, it was very true to the GTA series and the production values of the game (outside of the fact they are working to console limits for graphics) are totally at the top end of the industry ..... the sound track, ads, relalized world ect.

Watchdogs does look very good but I've yet to have any first hand experance with it to see how good they go with their PC release.

Fingers crossed for both games.

Long story short - I care when GTAV PC comes out.

Exxxxactly.

10. Re: Windows Grand Theft Auto V Listed Jan 20, 2013, 00:25 Kosumo

Even if it does, who cares? GTAIV was a disaster on PC and the gameplay was dated. Nothing I've seen about GTAV makes me think it will be any different. More importantly, WatchDogs actually looks like a decent game and it is getting a proper PC release.

The fact they're not willing to show off any gameplay or technical videos is an obvious warning sign. That and the trailers they've put out look bad for 2008, let alone 2013.

When have they ever show gameplay or technical videos for any of the GTA games? (before release)

Just because you did not enjoy GTAIV on the PC does not make it a disaster. While the port was far from great, and the socail club shit was unwelcome, I still enjoyed it and the two Episodes.

Being a long time PC gamer (has you are), I'm sure you have seen may games that have been 'ruff' and or 'buggy' that have still been fun.

While the gameplay was not fresh, it was very true to the GTA series and the production values of the game (outside of the fact they are working to console limits for graphics) are totally at the top end of the industry ..... the sound track, ads, relalized world ect.

Watchdogs does look very good but I've yet to have any first hand experance with it to see how good they go with their PC release.

Fingers crossed for both games.

Long story short - I care when GTAV PC comes out.

9. Re: Windows Grand Theft Auto V Listed Jan 19, 2013, 23:49 Rattlehead

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jan 19, 2013, 19:26:
NKD wrote on Jan 19, 2013, 17:47:

A warning sign for what? The millions of sales and hundreds of millions(possibly billions) in profit?

Yea, sure looks bad... Rolleyes

28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo