Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Tech Bits

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 19, 2013, 22:41 DukeFNukem

Oh, thank God. I was on the fence about buying Windows 8. Now, I can say with absolute certainty that when the price goes up I will NEVER EVER give this POS operating system so much as a second thought.

Thank you Microsoft for helping me make a tough decision so much easier.

Just because you aren't afraid of something doesn't it mean it can't kill you...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 19, 2013, 18:56 ASeven

Win8 may become the costliest mistake MS ever made.  

3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 19, 2013, 12:47 wtf_man

About the only thing I'd consider Windows 8 for (non-phone / tablet) would be a Mame Arcade machine with a Mini ITX board and a small SLC SSD. One wouldn't need a "Mame front end"... just make shortcut tiles for each of the games (unless you have way more than 150 or so ROM) . and the hybrid sleep / startup would be pretty much an "instant on".

Other than that... I can't think of anything I'd use the Metro interface for on a PC desktop.

That said... you couldn't pay me to run Windows 8 as a normal Desktop OS without including the hacks to disable Metro.

2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 19, 2013, 12:13 m0deth

Agreed, this is desperation.

They can't show numbers that match Win 7 adoption, not even when it's forced on new customers. Every single client of mine that has bought a new PC/Laptop from me lately requests the Win8 be taken off in favor of 7.

While I realize there are some benefits to having 8 in a newer system...I can't justify any of the UI changes they've made to customers, as nothing has improved. If anything, ergonomics got thrown under the bus when it comes to these two market segments.

Gone are the days of Carpal Tunnel...now it's Metro Elbow and Surface Shoulder we have to endure for them to shift their pathetic 'paradigm'. It's like the last 20 years of ergonomics advancement means nothing to them. (Same folks that make the best ergo KB under 100 bucks too)

Sigh, I wish there was an internet button you could push that slaps business bullshit artists in the face when they post crap instead of truth.

Lately, you could accuse M$ of having dual personality syndrome, and you wouldn't be far off...at least you'd be pointing to some form of psychosis.

1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 19, 2013, 00:14 Dades

We are seeing good momentum with Windows 8 today. When upgrading from Windows 7, Windows 8 has a lot to offer including a beautiful new Start screen with live tiles, plus the familiar desktop and faster startup and longer battery life. Today Id like to share the pricing details for the Windows 8 upgrade editions that will begin in February. Id also remind you to take advantage of the great upgrade offer which lasts until January 31st 2013.

Look at this marketing bot shit, what a joke. I can get Windows 7 licenses cheaper than the new prices and don't have to get an app to disable Metro. $120 for an upgrade edition, good job eliminating the only desirable part of Windows 8.

- DADES - This is a signature of my name, enjoy!

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo