Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Vendetta Online Kickstarter

This Kickstarter seeks funding for an iPad edition of Vendetta Online, Guild Software's multiplatform space combat MMORPG. In addition to this new tablet version, they outline other goals that will impact the game in its entirety: "All players and platforms share the same universe within Vendetta Online, so iOS users will rub elbows with those on Windows, Mac, Linux, Android and WinRT. Beyond iPad support, the Kickstarter could also help fund the next major expansion of the title's gameplay, including enhanced player-owned capital ships and territorial conquest, and is scheduled for completion near the end of 2013."

View
5. Re: Vendetta Online Kickstarter Jan 18, 2013, 16:12 Cutter

It is a moral hazard because you're asking people for money for something that you can afford to do, you simply don't want to risk your own capital. That's the very definition of moral hazard. And IMO that qualifies as a "fund my life" project which is against KS rules - or again, at least the spirit of it.

As more and more people who can afford to do things themselves but simply don't want to take any risk they're going to be crowding out and taking attention away from the very people that actually really need Kickstarter. And they actually need it because they have a good idea and no capital with which to realize it. And that bothers me greatly. Perhaps I need to kickstart my own Kickstarter that ensures this sort of thing doesn't happen anymore.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu
Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Jan 18, 08:45 Re: Vendetta Online Kickstarter nin
  2. Jan 18, 13:02 Re: Vendetta Online Kickstarter Cutter
  3. Jan 18, 15:03  Re: Vendetta Online Kickstarter  1ncarnate 
  4. Jan 18, 15:34 Re: Vendetta Online Kickstarter Ozmodan
>> 5. Jan 18, 16:12 Re: Vendetta Online Kickstarter Cutter
  6. Jan 18, 16:37  Re: Vendetta Online Kickstarter  1ncarnate 
  7. Jan 18, 17:01 Re: Vendetta Online Kickstarter jdreyer
  8. Jan 18, 19:27 Re: Vendetta Online Kickstarter Cutter
  9. Jan 18, 20:30  Re: Vendetta Online Kickstarter Blahman