Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Legend of Grimrock Hints

The Legend of Grimrock Website has a recap from Almost Human on 2012 and a look ahead to what this year holds for them and their dungeon crawler (thanks Joao). This includes a hint about what's next, offering a couple of screenshots that look like DLC or an expansion. Word is: "We thought we could share with you a glimpse of some new exiting things we’ve been working on. But beware, this is only the tip of the iceberg."

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Legend of Grimrock Hints Jan 18, 2013, 12:53 NegaDeath

Kajetan wrote on Jan 18, 2013, 04:32:
With a proper multiplayer like CoD, achievements, autoheal and designed to be played on consoles, it would have sold GAZILLIONS!!! Heck, just make Grimrock 2 a military shooter, call it Legend of Freedom

Don't forget the season pass!

I still haven't played this (stupid backlog) but I bought it day one as this is the kind of stuff I want to see succeed. We all know the big publishers won't touch genres like this anymore. Now if we could only get a TIE Fighter 2 kickstarter.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Legend of Grimrock Hints Jan 18, 2013, 06:45 Julio

I'm in for an expansion, no thanks to useless DLC.  

10. Re: Legend of Grimrock Hints Jan 18, 2013, 04:32 Kajetan

ASeven wrote on Jan 18, 2013, 04:03:
Sold 600000, not bad for a niche game, not bad at all.
With a proper multiplayer like CoD, achievements, autoheal and designed to be played on consoles, it would have sold GAZILLIONS!!! Heck, just make Grimrock 2 a military shooter, call it Legend of Freedom

9. Re: Legend of Grimrock Hints Jan 18, 2013, 04:03 ASeven

Sold 600000, not bad for a niche game, not bad at all.  

8. Re: Legend of Grimrock Hints Jan 18, 2013, 03:49 InBlack

Oh boy oh boy oh boy....  

I have a nifty blue line!

7. Re: Legend of Grimrock Hints Jan 18, 2013, 03:36 Cram

coldcut wrote on Jan 18, 2013, 03:33:
One of my favorite campaigns is The Tomb of Zarthos.
I'll check that out. Thanks.

6. Re: Legend of Grimrock Hints Jan 18, 2013, 03:33 coldcut

It's definitely worth checking out the Steam Workshop content for this game. Some levels offer quite an improvement in the graphics as well as some gameplay mechanics. Just check out the highest ranked maps, you won't be disappointed.

One of my favorite campaigns is The Tomb of Zarthos.

5. Re: Legend of Grimrock Hints Jan 18, 2013, 02:42 Sacrifice

I really enjoyed Legend of Grimrock. I took my time with it, investigating every corner and trying to solve every puzzle.

I look forward to more official content. That being said, I hope it is a standalone expansion. I am not sure I want to play through the same levels again with a few more options.

"In questions about good and bad, we ought not to follow the opinion of the many, but the opinion of the one who has understanding."

4. Re: Legend of Grimrock Hints Jan 18, 2013, 02:39 Cram

Bluesnews members reviews convinced me to buy it during the Steam summer sale.

Absolutely worth it. Despite being let down by the final boss, and admittedly needing a FAQ to get both through the game and get a couple secrets, it was a harrowing adventure. I am not one of those that was born to conquer these old school dungeon crawlers, my patience has limits. I don't want any more of the same that Grimrock originally offers. Vastly expand the environment, story and gear, you may get my attention.

One proud achievement was encountering an ogre for the first time (well before a FAQ) and beating it on the first try. That was sweet.

3. Re: Legend of Grimrock Hints Jan 18, 2013, 02:21 Cutter

While it was a nice trip down memory lane, I really don't want anymore of anything this old school, thanks.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

2. Re: Legend of Grimrock Hints Jan 18, 2013, 01:30 El Pit

AFAIK, a dlc can be hats for the main character, a bfg, or an expansion, whereas an expansion is... well, an expansion.  
Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

1. Re: Legend of Grimrock Hints Jan 17, 2013, 22:52 atomicfro

...offering a couple of screenshots that look like DLC or an expansion.

What exactly is the difference?

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo