Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Legal Briefs

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jan 18, 2013, 15:43 jdreyer

nin wrote on Jan 18, 2013, 08:54:
El Pit wrote on Jan 18, 2013, 01:35:
US gamers push for IQ rating requirement for politicians

Single term limits, for everyone. And when you're done, back into the workforce. No more of this gravy train for life horseshit.

Maybe not one term, but term limits for sure. Maybe 4 in the house (same as the prez) and 2 in the senate.

There are bigger issues than that though. Three biggest:

1. Politicians are so busy fundraising (to the tune of like 40-50 hours per week) that they don't write or even read legislation any more, instead relying on legislation WRITTEN BY INTEREST GROUPS.

2. Because they need so much money to get elected, they are beholden to the INTEREST GROUPS that supply said money: Banks, big oil, the NRA, etc.

3. Gingrich abolished the Congressional independent research division, so now all info used by politicians to make laws comes from INTEREST GROUPS.

You've probably noticed a common thread. So, if you're wondering why legislation overwhelmingly favors corporations/rich people over the common citizen, there you have it.

It also explains why Congress is less popular (at 9% approval) than cockroaches, root canals, Brussels sprouts, and even Nickelback. On the plus side, they're more popular than North Korea and ebola, so it's not all bad news. Also, why is everyone down on Brussels sprouts? Brussels sprouts are GOOOD.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jan 18, 2013, 08:54 nin

El Pit wrote on Jan 18, 2013, 01:35:

Single term limits, for everyone. And when you're done, back into the workforce. No more of this gravy train for life horseshit.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

4. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jan 18, 2013, 01:35 El Pit

Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

3. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jan 17, 2013, 23:48 PropheT

I'm not sure I see a real difference in application as to why the law should require a video game to have ESRB classification when movies don't have the same requirement under their rating system. It's unnecessary and there's no good reason to apply it when enforcement of the ESRB restrictions are voluntary measures and not a legal requirement themselves.  

2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jan 17, 2013, 21:18 jdreyer

DangerDog wrote on Jan 17, 2013, 20:46:
like anyone pays attention to ratings anymore, movies, games, music.

credit rating of nations

who cares

My sister in law pays attention to game ratings. Then my 13-yr old nephew tells her he's buying a $10 CD online, and uses the money to buy Chivarly instead so he can chop off some virtual heads. When the kids understand the tech better than the parents, that's what happens.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jan 17, 2013, 20:46 DangerDog

like anyone pays attention to ratings anymore, movies, games, music.

credit rating of nations

who cares

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo