Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Disney Infinity Details, Including Pricing

There's more on Disney's newly unveiled Disney Infinity platform on Joystiq, including an apparent confirmation that Windows PCs are one of the project's target platforms. They have further details on how this will work, including first word on the physical toys which are part of all of this, as well as word on pricing, which is not modest: "After the starter pack with three figures, priced at $74.99, Play Sets will be available for $34.99, with Power Discs available in a pack starting at $4.99. It's not hard to imagine Disney leveraging Infinity on its other ventures as well: Go see Monsters University, get a special exclusive Power Disc. Go visit Disneyland, pick yourself up an exclusive figure. Disney's reps wouldn't confirm any plans like that, but they did smile and nod when asked." Thanks nin.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Disney Infinity Details, Including Pricing Jan 17, 2013, 23:23 killer_roach

Beamer wrote on Jan 17, 2013, 09:51:
Eh. It's a perfect thing for kids, so long as the game itself is good. They eat Skylanders up (and it's supposedly a good game), and people I know with kids keep buying them stupid stuffed animals that plug into the computer. Don't know the name, but I guess kids go nuts collecting them and doing whatever the hell it is when they connect to the computer.

Webkinz, those things are. (I see enough of them sold where I work.)

Seems like Disney is basically just aping Skylanders, although with a ready-made set of iconic characters to choose from.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Disney Infinity Details, Including Pricing Jan 17, 2013, 18:23 Julio

I hear enough from parents who bought their kids Skylander how much of a money sink it is. Stay far far away.  

8. Re: Disney Infinity Details, Including Pricing Jan 17, 2013, 17:41 The Half Elf

Have any of you seen or heard of Disney's Vinyalmations? With the success of Skylanders I don't see this as 'expensive'.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

7. Re: Disney Infinity Details, Including Pricing Jan 17, 2013, 17:04 Riker

I kind of like the concept, but those prices are obscene. Fuck that shit.  

6. Re: Disney Infinity Details, Including Pricing Jan 17, 2013, 16:34 nin

I admit the idea of Sully and Darth Vader beating the shit out of Capt Jack is appealing, but yeah...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

5. Re: Disney Infinity Details, Including Pricing Jan 17, 2013, 16:32 jdreyer

Won't be getting this. My kids play enough already just with what I've got on Steam on PC, never mind the astronomical prices they want for these. Do they expect this to take off with those kinds of prices? I guess they do with all that IP backing it up.  

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

4. Re: Disney Infinity Details, Including Pricing Jan 17, 2013, 14:27 Cutter

Holy overpriced crap, Batman!

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

3. Re: Disney Infinity Details, Including Pricing Jan 17, 2013, 09:51 Beamer

nin wrote on Jan 17, 2013, 08:42:
It's an entire game based around DLC! Awesome!

Eh. It's a perfect thing for kids, so long as the game itself is good. They eat Skylanders up (and it's supposedly a good game), and people I know with kids keep buying them stupid stuffed animals that plug into the computer. Don't know the name, but I guess kids go nuts collecting them and doing whatever the hell it is when they connect to the computer.

Combining it with opportunities to get free, exclusive stupid crap by going to see a movie or drinking all your ovaltine? Fun for kids, fun for the people creating it, probably less fun than parents but no different than beanie babies or any of the other stupid collecting crazes kids got into.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

2. Re: Disney Infinity Details, Including Pricing Jan 17, 2013, 09:18 Stimpack

Well, you know.... Disney.....  

1. Re: Disney Infinity Details, Including Pricing Jan 17, 2013, 08:42 nin

It's an entire game based around DLC! Awesome!

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo