Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Everyone was getting into the car this morning to take MrsBlue to the train when our neighbor from across the street emerged to head off to work. This is irresistible to Hudson the wonder dog, so our friendly pooch ran over to greet her, leading to an extended conversation/disengagement amid all sorts of neighborly pleasantries. It was only after I got back home that I realized that I was wearing pajama pants, which are decorated with flames and red chili peppers. I guess I can hope it was dark enough that she didn't notice, but I guess it's hard to imagine that she doesn't think I'm a little eccentric already.

Eccentric Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: King's Game 2.
Links: Doomsday Clock Holds at 5 'Til Midnight. Thanks Cutter and Alan Moore.
Science: First Known 'Social Chromosome' Found. Thanks Slashdot.
Possible New Species of Spider Builds Decoys of Itself.
Media: Parrot Singing In The Shower.
Will Ferrell and Kristen Wiig presenting a Golden Globe.
Rally Driver Stops to Say Sorry.
The Funnies: Dilbert.
Scientists Cartoon - Savage Chickens.
Twaggies Comic Strip.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Blue's PJ Pants Jan 18, 2013, 16:28 Ant

Blue, we want to see them on you! "Just do it!" --Nike  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 18, 2013, 09:23 Steelcamp

Whats wrong with PJ's to drive your wifey to the train station?...I wish I had that setup with Mrs Steelcamp.  
-------------------------------------------
3 billion+ men in the world and my sisters keep going back to the idiots...

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 17, 2013, 15:25 Prez

Cutter wrote on Jan 17, 2013, 12:28:
nin wrote on Jan 17, 2013, 08:45:
Doomsday Clock Holds at 5 'Til Midnight. Thanks Cutter and Alan Moore.

Yeah, as soon as I saw Doomsday Clock I thought of Watchmen.

I though first of Berry MgGuire's Eve of Destruction. Then I thought of Conan when all of Thulsa Doom's followers chanted "Dooooooom".

I found myself hoping it was 5 minutes slow.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 17, 2013, 14:35 Mr. Tact

I'm with nin on this one -- except for possibly a fire, there is no reason to leave the house wearing pjs or underwear...  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 17, 2013, 13:41 nin

When I was 5 years old I had a sleep walking episode. First and only one of my life, at least I think so.

I had a couple of those as a kid. It was just like a regular dream (perception wise, I was in no way lucid), only my brain was actually directing my body around the house. Thankfully it only happened once or twice...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 17, 2013, 12:28 Cutter

nin wrote on Jan 17, 2013, 08:45:

I though first of Berry MgGuire's Eve of Destruction. Then I thought of Conan when all of Thulsa Doom's followers chanted "Dooooooom".

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 17, 2013, 11:52 Jivaro

When I was 5 years old I had a sleep walking episode. First and only one of my life, at least I think so. My mom and dad woke up to the front door closing as I walked out of the house. My dad scrambled for his gun, thinking someone had broken in, and then saw me walking toward the street as he peered out the window. Dropping the gun he ran for the door and down the walkway, scooping me up just before I started to cross the street.

He was totally naked.

It made for a great story in the family for years. Through the wonders of the Internet I became reconnected to a family friend who at the time of my sleep walking experience was our next door neighbor. One of the first times we chatted after having not spoken in 20 years she asked me how my dad was doing. My dad and I have a strained relationship to say the least, so I was rather vague. She must have been able to tell there was a little tension, so in an attempt to lessen it she brought up the sleep walking episode. We laughed a bit. I assumed my parents told her about it. Turns out she saw the whole thing from her front window.

We laughed a bit more.

This comment was edited on Jan 17, 2013, 14:06.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 17, 2013, 10:16 Malachii

Reminds me of the time my girls were "dressing up daddy" and putting marker all over my face and putting nice girl stuff on me. My J. Witness neighbor came a knocking and I gleefully opened my door to a very shocked and bewildered look on her face. Even then I forgot what I looked like. She told me she could tell me the "good news" later.  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 17, 2013, 08:45 nin

And Blue, put some clothes on and stop running around outside in your underwear!

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo