Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Into the Black

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Into the Black Jan 17, 2013, 18:04 jdreyer

Hellbinder wrote on Jan 17, 2013, 13:05:
sadly the books of the old testament records the jews killed more women, children, infants and animals (the ones they didnt hamstring and leave to die in pain) during there taking of the "promised land" than were ever killed during the holocaust if you look at it proportionately.

Ive been recently reading the Old Testament accounts and its really horrid what they are proud of doing for their god. i don't think Muslims have ever done anything like that to that level (well im forgetting African violence like in Sudan). they even killed the men and women in some towns except all he girls under 12 and took them as wives.

The only reason the jews get a pass today is because nobody reads the details about all the genocide they have committed in the name of Yahweh.

Dude, the old testament is not a historically accurate document. Archaeological evidence, or it didn't happen. The Babi Yar massacre DID occur, of which archaeological, photographic, and documentary evidence exists in abundance.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Into the Black Jan 17, 2013, 13:43 nin

Hopefully that post is your cue to leave...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

10. removed Jan 17, 2013, 13:05 Hellbinder

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jan 17, 2013, 18:39.

The Whales name is Bob.

9. Re: Into the Black Jan 17, 2013, 08:07 Spektr

The Half Elf wrote on Jan 16, 2013, 22:47:
Damn I didn't know about Plato or Coleman being dead.

Here's hoping you folks find peace and a better life on the other side.

Yay, never expected Mister Drummond to outlive them..

8. Re: Into the Black Jan 17, 2013, 04:20 jdreyer

John Oliver is pretty much the best TDS correspondent these days. Great bit that one.

My all-time favorite bit is when Jason Jones went to Wasilla after Sarah Palin was chosen to be McCain's VP nominee. It was the best investigative journalism piece on Palin for the entire election, as well as being simply hilarious throughout.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

7. Re: Into the Black Jan 17, 2013, 02:28 Hoop

nin wrote on Jan 16, 2013, 23:00:
Cutter wrote on Jan 16, 2013, 22:36:
nin wrote on Jan 16, 2013, 22:20:
DangerDog wrote on Jan 16, 2013, 21:37:
I still think Coleman was pushed down those stairs

He certainly didn't have a good life, by all accounts. Still feel bad for him...

Shit man, how about Dana Plato or Todd Bridges? Man I had the hots for Dana on DS!

I vaguely remember Dana and Todd's issues, but not specifically. I remember Gary basically saying his parents and the show pushed him for unreasonable hours, and lo and behold when he got to 18 or 21, he discovered that he had no money (I believe his parents squandered it).

For all 3 of them, it had to suck (to put it mildly) to achieve fame and success so early on, only to lose it later and never recapture it. And you hear about that with a number of childhood stars. It's got to be maddening, to look back on your life and realize your best years were when you were a child, at a time when you couldn't fully appreciate it.

Meh ... different strokes for different folks I guess.
I kid, although I will say I just came from a history channel doco on 30 thousand jews mostly women holding their kids all machine gunned in a ravine over two days in 1940. So fame & money problems just don't cut it with me at the moment.
It had the photo evidence of them all stripped naked the photos taken by the Nazi scum, Ive seen this doco a few years back but Im just angry all over again.

Um .. Behind you...

6. Re: Into the Black Jan 16, 2013, 23:00 nin

Cutter wrote on Jan 16, 2013, 22:36:

He certainly didn't have a good life, by all accounts. Still feel bad for him...

Shit man, how about Dana Plato or Todd Bridges? Man I had the hots for Dana on DS!

I vaguely remember Dana and Todd's issues, but not specifically. I remember Gary basically saying his parents and the show pushed him for unreasonable hours, and lo and behold when he got to 18 or 21, he discovered that he had no money (I believe his parents squandered it).

For all 3 of them, it had to suck (to put it mildly) to achieve fame and success so early on, only to lose it later and never recapture it. And you hear about that with a number of childhood stars. It's got to be maddening, to look back on your life and realize your best years were when you were a child, at a time when you couldn't fully appreciate it.

5. Re: Into the Black Jan 16, 2013, 22:47 The Half Elf

Damn I didn't know about Plato or Coleman being dead.

Here's hoping you folks find peace and a better life on the other side.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

4. Re: Into the Black Jan 16, 2013, 22:36 Cutter

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

3. Re: Into the Black Jan 16, 2013, 22:20 nin

2. Re: Into the Black Jan 16, 2013, 21:47 PHJF

What a great Daily Show bit  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

1. Re: Into the Black Jan 16, 2013, 21:37 DangerDog

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer