Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Gone Gold - Aliens: Colonial Marines

The Gearbox Software Community Website has the news that Aliens: Colonial Marines is gold for Windows, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3, saying the first-person shooter will launch for all three platforms on February 12th. Here's the announcement:

Exciting news -- Aliens: Colonial Marines has gone gold on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360!

When we first announced the release date for Aliens: Colonial Marines back in May 2012, Gearbox Software CEO Randy Pitchford noted that the development had progressed to the point where we could see the end and be very confident in both our vision for the game as well as our launch date.

Today, we’re proud to announce that we hit every one of those targets, with the game's gold status indicating that all parties have examined the release candidate and signed off on the code as final and suitable for manufacturing, after which the game will be shipped to retail and propped to digital networks in time for launch on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 come February 12, 2013!

Now's the time to make sure you've got your pre-order locked in as participating retailers are offering in-game bonus content -- check with your local retailers and visit this page for more details.

Stay frosty, the next chapter in the Aliens story is almost here. Will you be able to fight the fear?

View
33 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

13. Re: Gone Gold - Aliens: Colonial Marines Jan 16, 2013, 16:50 Yosemite Sam

I dunno about his one, I'll definatly have a wait and see approach. The one single aspect of AvP that I really liked was the COOP survival mode of the original. That one map where it started out all nice and litup but got darker and darker as the lights all got blown out by your fire, damn good nerve racking fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIjAx20AUcA

... just doesnt feel the same.

PSN id PR345, PST - D3, GTA5, Borderlands 2, Grid 2, GTA4, BoS, RDR, GT5, COD WaW, KZ2, RAGE, Dirt2, MC LA, Skate2, LBP, Dead Nation - Wanna jam? Hit me up on PSN, Mention Blues News.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Gone Gold - Aliens: Colonial Marines Jan 16, 2013, 16:17 Cutter

Verno wrote on Jan 16, 2013, 15:19:
wtf_man wrote on Jan 16, 2013, 15:10:
I will wait for reviews, but I don't have real high hopes for this one.

Who knows, maybe it will be a pleasant surprise and not suffer from mass console-itis.

Yeah I'm with you, waiting for many many user reviews. Now if this was another Predator centric game then I'd be all in

This is dread, mon. Truly dread.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

11. Re: Gone Gold - Aliens: Colonial Marines Jan 16, 2013, 16:04 DangerDog

Wasn't it confirmed that you don't get to be in the load lifter, but here is a plastic statue of one for your collectors edition.

I wonder if that Creative Assembly Alien game is still being made.

10. Re: Gone Gold - Aliens: Colonial Marines Jan 16, 2013, 15:48 swaaye

Personally I've found all of the AVP games a bit lacking. AVP1 was innovative in its atmosphere and in the way the Alien plays, but that's about it. AVP2 is corny and really quirky. AVP(3) was just ridiculously linear and short. I think the only reason these games sold is the franchise.

This Aliens game would be much more interesting if it had more single player focus. But it sounds mostly like a game for L4D fans. There was also a developer interview video that I watched that had ridiculously thick fanboy service for Aliens movie scenes. Maybe that's magic for some people but I'd rather not relive movie scenes in a game.

This comment was edited on Jan 16, 2013, 15:54.

9. Re: Gone Gold - Aliens: Colonial Marines Jan 16, 2013, 15:46 StingingVelvet

Can't wait to spend $20 for it someday!  

8. Re: Gone Gold - Aliens: Colonial Marines Jan 16, 2013, 15:43 Verno

Darks wrote on Jan 16, 2013, 15:39:
Every game that comes out does not have to be with a Predator too. The Colonial Marines story continuing after the second movie is good. Hopefully will fill in some gaps too. Just because we have an Aliens game, does not automatically make this a Predator title too. I’m glad they’re not in the game this time.

Eh you get all weird and defensive about this game. The AVP games were just genuinely good games, I don't really care about the nerd arguments for which one is taking center stage. Having them all in the game makes for some pretty nice interaction in the campaigns too.

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due

7. Re: Gone Gold - Aliens: Colonial Marines Jan 16, 2013, 15:39 Darks

Verno wrote on Jan 16, 2013, 15:19:

Who knows, maybe it will be a pleasant surprise and not suffer from mass console-itis.

Yeah I'm with you, waiting for many many user reviews. Now if this was another Predator centric game then I'd be all in

Every game that comes out does not have to be with a Predator too. The Colonial Marines story continuing after the second movie is good. Hopefully will fill in some gaps too. Just because we have an Aliens game, does not automatically make this a Predator title too. I’m glad they’re not in the game this time.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

6. Re: Gone Gold - Aliens: Colonial Marines Jan 16, 2013, 15:23 Fantaz

w00t! Allthumbsup  

5. Re: Gone Gold - Aliens: Colonial Marines Jan 16, 2013, 15:19 Verno

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due

4. Re: Gone Gold - Aliens: Colonial Marines Jan 16, 2013, 15:14 nin

Summer sale or xmas sale, it's up to you, gearbox!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

3. Re: Gone Gold - Aliens: Colonial Marines Jan 16, 2013, 15:10 wtf_man

2. Re: Gone Gold - Aliens: Colonial Marines Jan 16, 2013, 15:05 Wallshadows

I'm still likely going to perform a day one purchase in spite of my somewhat mixed feelings towards this title. I'm hoping that I can co-op with some of my buddies too if they decide to get it and that the co-op in general is fun.

At least enough fun to get $40 worth out of it since GMG usually has it listed for sub-$40 prices with their coupon codes...

1. Re: Gone Gold - Aliens: Colonial Marines Jan 16, 2013, 15:02 Cutter

Game over man! Game over!

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

33 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo