Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Indie Royale Snow Storm Bundle

The Indie Royale Website now offers the Snow Storm Bundle, offering a collection of indie games to while away your snow days. As always, you can cheap out for the low minimum or opt to pay more, with lower payments raising the price for future customers, and higher payments driving the price downward. There is also a bonus chiptune album for those who pay more than USD $8.00. Here's the summary:

Looking for some fun indie games to keep you warm on a cold winter's night? Look no further than the Snow Storm Bundle from Indie Royale, offering hours of enjoyment even if you're snowed in! Featured in this action packed bundle are 6 great indie games, valued at over $55, including a challenging science fiction point-and-click adventure from Wadjet Eye & XII Games, Resonance; a RPG-heavy city builder from Tilted Mill, Hinterland; Naked Sky Entertainment's 3D mechanical platformer, RoboBlitz; a high-speed and addictive arcade game, StarDrone, and more!

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Indie Royale Snow Storm Bundle Jan 17, 2013, 04:39 coldcut

I bought a lot of Indie bundles in the past, but recently, not a single one. Reason being - I am only speaking for myself of course - the packs have one outstanding title and a lot of fillers. Those outstanding games are generally a bit older, so by the time the Indie pack comes out, I already own those (or at least those I was interested in) and bought them shortly after release for full price. So, no need to purchase the bundle just for the sake of owning games I never gonna touch (too many of those in my Steam library already)

Sadly, there wasn't that much stuff which appealed to me in recent bundles.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Indie Royale Snow Storm Bundle Jan 16, 2013, 23:44 gsilver

I always at least check out reviews for games in bundles like this one, and with to the question "am I likely to play anything here?" is a resounding No.

I just barely started The Walking Dead, and am miles away from even looking at Gemini Rue (the predecessor and arguably better than the one here).

It's great that they're making the financial cost of gaming be a non-issue in general, but the time commitments aren't getting any lighter, so unless a game offers something special, I can't bother to buy it, no matter how cheap it is.

Still, I believe in giving credit where it's due, and wish that they offered a way to up your contribution on a given bundle after the fact. After a game like Unepic, I did indeed feel like giving the developer more money for their work, because I really appreciated what they pulled off.

3. Re: Indie Royale Snow Storm Bundle Jan 16, 2013, 23:01 Kythlyn

This is not the greatest bundle, really. Though I've bought a ton of indie bundles from various sites.  

2. Re: Indie Royale Snow Storm Bundle Jan 16, 2013, 18:06 Alamar

ochentay4 wrote on Jan 16, 2013, 13:29:
This Royale bundles are getting less and less appealing. I havent bought any of them for months. Sad really as I love Indie games.

On the one hand... How can 6 games for $5 not be appealing?

On the other hand... I agree... Though I've never picked up anything from Indie Royale, or gala... and only the one humble bundle...

But it's for different reasons... Including... I don't want to only put $1 per game into a bundle, and they don't interest me enough to put in 10x that, so in the end, they get 0...

-Alamar

1. Re: Indie Royale Snow Storm Bundle Jan 16, 2013, 13:29 ochentay4

This Royale bundles are getting less and less appealing. I havent bought any of them for months. Sad really as I love Indie games.  

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo