Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

New Warzone 2100

The Warzone 2100 Website now has new versions 3.1.0 of Warzone 2100 for Windows, OS X, and Linux, the latest stable versions of this freeware real-time strategy game. Word is: "This release has been very long in coming, and brings along over 2 1/2 years worth of bug fixes and improvements." The downloads are mirrored on Gamer's Hell.

View
3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

3. Re: New Warzone 2100 Jan 16, 2013, 23:34 LaxerFL

This was BY FAR my favorite RTS of all time! I would play this game for hours and hours! The AI, even on the highest and hardest settings, was a joke though. I could win a game without building one single groud unit. Just research and build massively overpowered base defenses, like the hellfire howitzer, until I had the best aircraft tech researched and build 3 dozen planes with the best missiles and start bombing runs.

I still loved the 3d terrain and the tech trees and everything about the game. From what I read in the release notes, they have tweaked the AI significantly so I am super excited to play again.

Go Warzone 2100, GO!!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. Re: New Warzone 2100 Jan 16, 2013, 08:21 Jonjonz

I played this for ages back in the day, but the AI was so primitive, tank rush was the order of the day.

The whole make your own units was rather pointless.

Does the new version offer any substantial improvements?

1. Re: New Warzone 2100 Jan 15, 2013, 20:38 jdreyer

This was one of the first RTSs to allow you to build your own units. Lots of opportunities for tactical gameplay. It looks its age, but was a lot of fun. I replayed it again a couple of years ago.  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo