Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

BioShock Infinite PC Details & Specs

Irrational Games has details about PC support in BioShock Infinite, their upcoming first-person shooter sequel. They discuss the ability to use the mouse and keyboard or one of three different setups for traitors using controllers. There are also details on graphics, including support for DirectX 11, noting that the game's "unadulterated, full-resolution textures" result in a three DVD installation, saying they "hope you will appreciate the jaw-dropping detail our amazing team of artists lavished on the game." This also reveals PC specifications, both minimum and recommended:

MINIMUM

• Processor: Intel Core 2 DUO 2.4 GHz / AMD Athlon X2 2.7 GHz
  • Memory: 2 GB
  • Hard Drive: 20 GB free
  • Video Card: DirectX10 Compatible ATI Radeon HD 3870 / NVIDIA 8800 GT / Intel HD 3000 Integrated Graphics
  • Video Card Memory: 512 MB
  • Sound Card: DirectX Compatible

RECOMMENDED

• Processor: Quad Core Processor
  • Memory: 4 GB
  • Hard Drive: 30 GB free
  • Video Card: DirectX11 Compatible, AMD Radeon HD 6950 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560
  • Video Card Memory: 1024 MB
  • Sound Card: DirectX Compatible

View
49 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

9. Re: BioShock Infinite PC Details & Specs Jan 15, 2013, 12:42 Verno

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jan 15, 2013, 12:37:
Jerykk wrote on Jan 15, 2013, 12:29:
What makes you think it won't look as good as Far Cry 3? Far Cry 3 doesn't even look that great. The interior lighting in particularly looks pretty bad and the SSAO implementations are pretty lousy too. From what I've seen, Infinite looks great (in terms of art style).
Yawn. Go troll someone else.

Uh that's not a troll, he's got a valid point. Their SSAO implementations looked so strange I ended up disabling it entirely. No one said the whole game looks bad or something but it's not exactly hard to imagine a game that could compete visually with it either.

Playing: Shadow of Mordor, Peggle 2, TIE Fighter
Watching: Capturing the Friedmans, The Jungle, Person of Interest
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: BioShock Infinite PC Details & Specs Jan 15, 2013, 12:41 JayDeath

What makes you think it won't look as good as Far Cry 3? Far Cry 3 doesn't even look that great. The interior lighting in particularly looks pretty bad and the SSAO implementations are pretty lousy too. From what I've seen, Infinite looks great (in terms of art style).

I have to agree. Call me crazy but I still think the original Crysis looks better and that's DirectX 10.

Steam: BenRichards

Shadow of Mordor is wonderful.

7. Re: BioShock Infinite PC Details & Specs Jan 15, 2013, 12:39 Lit_Reflex001

Hey sounds like they're really in the spirit of PC gaming! Sweet deal!  

6. Re: BioShock Infinite PC Details & Specs Jan 15, 2013, 12:37 theyarecomingforyou

Yawn. Go troll someone else.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

5. Re: BioShock Infinite PC Details & Specs Jan 15, 2013, 12:29 Jerykk

4. Re: BioShock Infinite PC Details & Specs Jan 15, 2013, 12:29 pagb

Intel HD 3000 Integrated Graphics
Yeah, sure

3. Re: BioShock Infinite PC Details & Specs Jan 15, 2013, 12:27 theyarecomingforyou

Overon wrote on Jan 15, 2013, 12:10:
I game where 4 GB of RAM is recommended as well as a quad core processor? Do my eyes and brain deceive me?
Other games that recommend a quad-core CPU and 4GB RAM:

The Witcher 2
Far Cry 3
Crysis 3

Chances of Bioshock Infinite looking any near as good as those games? Zero. It could be that it's a poor port or it could be that they're simply being more honest that other publishers.

It's great that they're including high resolution textures but the game still looks quite low in terms of polygon counts - both for characters and for environments - and it seems it won't be supporting tessellation (it would have been mentioned by now). Still, I'm more concerned about the gameplay as everything I've seen has shown it to be an on-rails shooter. That might have been okay for the original game - especially as it was designed to be claustrophobic - but the genre has moved on and it's not set in the sky.

I'm still hopeful this will be a decent game but I won't be preordering it.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

2. Re: BioShock Infinite PC Details & Specs Jan 15, 2013, 12:15 Ratty

But will it require GFWL?  

1. Re: BioShock Infinite PC Details & Specs Jan 15, 2013, 12:10 Overon

I game where 4 GB of RAM is recommended as well as a quad core processor? Do my eyes and brain deceive me?  

49 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo