Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Bohemia Interactive Devs Make Bail

Helpivanmartin.org has word that Ivan Buchta and Martin Pezlar, the pair of Bohemia Interactive developers arrested in September in Myrina, Greece for Espionage, have been granted the bail they were previously denied, and are headed home to the Czech Republic (thanks VG247 via Dean Hall's Twitter). Here's word on what's going down from their translation of a Czech article:

As a result of repeated dealings, today the Greek Prime Minister Antonis Samaras informed Czech PM Petr Nečas over the telephone that the two Czech arrested by Greek police because of supposed photography of military objects on the island of Lemnos have been released. Both can now return back to the Czech Republic. PM Petr Nečas expressed appreciation for the efforts of PM Antonis Samaras and thanked him,” said Petr Nečas’ spokesperson Michal Schuster on Tuesday.

Both men aged 28 and 33 years, who work for a video game-producing company Bohemia Interactive faced up to 20 years in prison if they were convicted.

The men supposedly rerecorded and photographed strategic military objects to be used in an upcoming military shooter.

After Bohemia Interactive denied that its employees were in Greece and illegally obtained photos as part of their work, the Czech President Václav Klaus also sided with them when he sent a letter to his Greek counterpart Karlos Papoulias with a request for their release.

View
27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

7. Re: Bohemia Interactive Devs Make Bail Jan 15, 2013, 10:34 Creston

InBlack wrote on Jan 15, 2013, 10:26:
Good for them. Greece should maybe try to extort some cash from Google for taking pictures of their 50 year old instalations from orbit...I sure as hell would give it a try.

Hasn't Google been in almost constant hot water with countries over photographing secret installations? There are spots on the planet that google maps just won't show you, and I think it's because of that.

Creston

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Bohemia Interactive Devs Make Bail Jan 15, 2013, 10:33 Creston

So 'make bail' is just a euphemism? Or does bail work differently in Greece than it does in the US? You wouldn't be allowed to leave the country (or the state, for that matter), if you were released on bail here.

I'm glad these two have finally been released, and I hope they'll be more careful in the future when they do research for their games. (Hint:clear it with the government first.)

Creston

5. Re: Bohemia Interactive Devs Make Bail Jan 15, 2013, 10:26 InBlack

Good for them. Greece should maybe try to extort some cash from Google for taking pictures of their 50 year old instalations from orbit...I sure as hell would give it a try.  

I have a nifty blue line!

4. Re: Bohemia Interactive Devs Make Bail Jan 15, 2013, 10:06 xXBatmanXx

Maybe their next game will be how to escape a jail overseas...they should have a pretty good recollection of what they look like from the inside....  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

3. Re: Bohemia Interactive Devs Make Bail Jan 15, 2013, 10:02 Bill Borre

Looks like they finally greased the right palms.  

2. Re: Bohemia Interactive Devs Make Bail Jan 15, 2013, 09:55 born2expire

Greats news for these poor devs and their families.

Watch for a upcoming announcement from BIS regarding the most realistic jail sim ever.

1. Re: Bohemia Interactive Devs Make Bail Jan 15, 2013, 09:44 ItBurn

About damn time.  

27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo