Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt

2K Games and Gearbox Software announce the release of Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt, the new DLC for the Windows and console editions of Borderlands 2, the role-playing shooter sequel. This is included for season pass holders, or available as a separate purchase for other owners of the game. Here's word on what this adds:

Sir Hammerlock’s Big Game Hunt takes place in Aegrus, the uncharted territory deep in the swamps of Pandora and features new appearances by familiar friends like Sir Hammerlock and Claptrap. It also introduces some all-new characters, like Hyperion Scientist Professor Nakayama, who wants nothing more than to derail your hunting trip. With Borderlands 2’s cheeky adventurer as their guide, vault hunters will explore the all-new environments of The Sun Swamps while on memorable quests to collect irresistible new loot and fight devastating new bosses, such as the cave-dwelling beast Thermitage. All the while, up to four friends will cooperatively hunt down new enemies such as the spider-like Two-Legged Drifters, flying Slagged Spores and insane Vampire Witch Doctors – that unleash swarms of blood-thirsty bats. Vault hunters beware: this is sure to be the most dangerous Borderlands hunt yet!

View
27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

27. Re: Ships Ahoy - Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt Jan 16, 2013, 02:34 Dev

jacobvandy wrote on Jan 15, 2013, 20:11:
Dev wrote on Jan 15, 2013, 16:27:
The last major DLC (4th part of season pass) is scheduled to be out around June. I'd expect a GotY version during the holidays. So if you don't mind a year wait, I'm sure everything BL2 will be on sale then.

Pretty sure Verno was referring to their plans to do a second season of DLC because of how popular the game is, meaning there will probably be another season pass to buy. Which I have no problem with whatsoever... They advertised 4 campaign DLCs for the season pass, so if you bought that you knew exactly what you were getting and there's no reason to expect more for free. And the more BL2 DLC, the better, as far as I'm concerned.
Ah, I hadn't heard about that. Yeah, if they don't cheap out on the current season just to save stuff for 2nd season, I'm ok with that. They said 4 for season pass. If they do another season of 4 and charge for it, then thats fine. I'll just get it cheap from GMG like I did this one

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

26. Re: Ships Ahoy - Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt Jan 15, 2013, 20:11 jacobvandy

Dev wrote on Jan 15, 2013, 16:27:
The last major DLC (4th part of season pass) is scheduled to be out around June. I'd expect a GotY version during the holidays. So if you don't mind a year wait, I'm sure everything BL2 will be on sale then.

Pretty sure Verno was referring to their plans to do a second season of DLC because of how popular the game is, meaning there will probably be another season pass to buy. Which I have no problem with whatsoever... They advertised 4 campaign DLCs for the season pass, so if you bought that you knew exactly what you were getting and there's no reason to expect more for free. And the more BL2 DLC, the better, as far as I'm concerned.

25. Re: Ships Ahoy - Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt Jan 15, 2013, 17:14 Creston

nin wrote on Jan 15, 2013, 16:11:
Seriously, with all the weirdness going on in BL, thats your gripe?

Nah, my gripe is the drop rates, but I just don't get why Tina gets so much love. Other than her initial intro video, and then one other sentence somewhere later, I find nothing about her or her dialogue to be funny.

Creston

24. Re: Ships Ahoy - Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt Jan 15, 2013, 16:43 Flatline

Creston wrote on Jan 15, 2013, 16:06:
I don't get the love that Tina gets from fans. Some of her stuff is funny, but I have no idea why this child talks like she's straight from South Central.

Creston

She was raised by Brick and Roland. She watched her parents get electrocuted to death, screaming and begging for mercy while Jack laughed.

As I said, f*cked up back story to a goofy character.

23. Re: Ships Ahoy - Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt Jan 15, 2013, 16:39 Beamer

Not having access to the creature slaughter dome would really, really bug me if I didn't hate fighting the creatures.

I do not know if I hate the arenas, period, but I do know I hate hate hate the creatures.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

22. Re: Ships Ahoy - Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt Jan 15, 2013, 16:27 Dev

Verno wrote on Jan 15, 2013, 10:43:
I'll revisit it later when all of the DLC is out. I was not a fan of the idea of them doing another round of DLC that the pass I bought I wouldn't cover though so I hope they don't go through with that.

The season pass includes the 4 major DLC (3 of them have been released: scarlett, torque, hammerlock)

There's a few others which it doesn't include, but which are mostly pointless.

1) The mechromancer (aka pre-order) pack. If you preordered (it was like $30 or less at GMG at various times) then you have this already. If not, you can get it AND pretty much all the pre-order bonuses (including the reskinned guns, the vault hunter relic to increase drop rates, and the extra golden key).
2) The collectors edition pack. This includes some silly useless fireworks grenade, and some skins. Thats it.
3) The creature slaughter dome. This was the gamestop pre-order bonus. There's another arena included in all copies of the game, so this is just an extra arena. Not all that great, and nearly identical to whats already in the game.

So really, there's not much point to most of it except the mechromancer, and if you pre-ordered you have that already.

Also, I've heard there's a way to unlock #2 and #3 with just some ini file editing.

This comment was edited on Jan 15, 2013, 16:33.

21. Re: Ships Ahoy - Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt Jan 15, 2013, 16:11 nin

Creston wrote on Jan 15, 2013, 16:06:
I don't get the love that Tina gets from fans. Some of her stuff is funny, but I have no idea why this child talks like she's straight from South Central.

Creston

Seriously, with all the weirdness going on in BL, thats your gripe?

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

20. Re: Ships Ahoy - Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt Jan 15, 2013, 16:06 Creston

Creston

19. Re: Ships Ahoy - Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt Jan 15, 2013, 14:35 Beamer

Also: I kind of hated Tina. She was an ok idea gone wrong for me. Voice acted by a developer's sister, I think.  
-------------

18. Re: Ships Ahoy - Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt Jan 15, 2013, 14:28 Flatline

Beamer wrote on Jan 15, 2013, 11:24:
They hint at him being tragic, though. He clearly loves his daughter, he's just deranged. He thinks he's doing what's best for her (which coincidentally happens to be best for him), but there may be some cause for that, given what happened with her mother. Possibly.

That's not just Jack though. Through most of the game, they'd set something funny and goofy up, and you'd go pick up echo recorders and find out the joke is actually pretty sick and twisted and depressing.

I remember running through the Hyperion Game Reserve and picking up the echo recorders that showed Tina's parents being tortured in front of her and her using her "doll" (ie: hand grenade they gave to her so she could kill herself I suspect if things got bad enough) to escape. It turned a silly, good performance into something not particularly funny any more.

I suspect that's all meant to make Jack a better villain, which, yeah... he is.

17. Re: Ships Ahoy - Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt Jan 15, 2013, 13:49 Cutter

Oh I get it, Hammercock's big game cunt.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

16. Re: Ships Ahoy - Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt Jan 15, 2013, 13:47 Creston

Beamer wrote on Jan 15, 2013, 11:53:
Brick not being as dumb and thinking we work for him (and being right, but working for him isn't the same as joining his stupid bandit tribe) was less so.

Oh, Brick is FAR dumber than Claptrap.

Creston

15. Re: Ships Ahoy - Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt Jan 15, 2013, 13:44 Ripperjack

Putting this on my "Wait for Steam Sale" list.

Not worth the $9.99, more like $4.99.

14. Re: Ships Ahoy - Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt Jan 15, 2013, 13:21 Beamer

Bhruic wrote on Jan 15, 2013, 12:46:
Claptrap's "minion" thing didn't bug me because Claptrap is a deluded idiot. Him thinking we're his minion was funny because it was so clearly wrong.

Brick calling us "Slab" bugged me more. Claptrap being dumb and thinking we work for him was funny. Brick not being as dumb and thinking we work for him (and being right, but working for him isn't the same as joining his stupid bandit tribe) was less so.

Completely agree. Playing through with a friend, and it's a tossup whether I want to kill Jack more or Brick. "I'm not a ^%$@^&$ Slab you asshat!" But I never liked Brick even in BL1, so that might have had an impact.

I didn't play BL1 nearly as much - 1 playthrough on Co-Op, as Roland with my buddy as Mordecai. I had no clue who Brick was - wasn't until maybe 20 or 30 minutes after he was revealed that I realized he was the 4th playable character from the original. I should have, given the introduction, but wasn't really paying attention. So I have no memory of Brick even being in the game.

-------------

13. Re: Ships Ahoy - Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt Jan 15, 2013, 12:46 Bhruic

Claptrap's "minion" thing didn't bug me because Claptrap is a deluded idiot. Him thinking we're his minion was funny because it was so clearly wrong.

Brick calling us "Slab" bugged me more. Claptrap being dumb and thinking we work for him was funny. Brick not being as dumb and thinking we work for him (and being right, but working for him isn't the same as joining his stupid bandit tribe) was less so.

Completely agree. Playing through with a friend, and it's a tossup whether I want to kill Jack more or Brick. "I'm not a ^%$@^&$ Slab you asshat!" But I never liked Brick even in BL1, so that might have had an impact.

12. Re: Ships Ahoy - Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt Jan 15, 2013, 12:35 The Half Elf

What I thought was interesting playing again was the whole 'There are only 6 siren's at any given time' line.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

11. Re: Ships Ahoy - Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt Jan 15, 2013, 12:11 Wowbagger_TIP

Totally agree. Claptrap = funny. Brick = not funny. Tannis wasn't bad this time, but not as funny as the first game IMO. I kinda liked Lilith's personality in this one. Her and Roland's awkward relationship and all the bits you get to hear were kinda funny. The fire cult missions were pretty funny too. Jack was pretty hilarious all the way through for me. I would've liked to hear more about him working for Hyperion though. We get that one glimpse of him and his boss talking, but that was about it.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

10. Re: Ships Ahoy - Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt Jan 15, 2013, 11:53 Beamer

-------------

9. Re: Ships Ahoy - Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt Jan 15, 2013, 11:40 Creston

Beamer wrote on Jan 15, 2013, 11:24:
They hint at him being tragic, though. He clearly loves his daughter, he's just deranged. He thinks he's doing what's best for her (which coincidentally happens to be best for him), but there may be some cause for that, given what happened with her mother. Possibly.

Yeah, there are a few hints here and there, but it's actually those hints that feel more incongruous to me than the occasional weaker speech. I'm not saying they couldn't have gone that way, but they'd have had to really overhaul the whole story. The way it is now, any marginal sympathy you might feel for him is typically crushed within seconds because of something else he does.

Lilith makes it pretty clear that, yes, maybe he did need to do something to keep Angel's power from being a threat, but he did not need to enslave her and abuse her for his own power and benefit.

Some of his speeches did kill me, though. Whoever did the acting just nailed the role and deserves whatever stupid awards they give out. Claptrap killed me, too - I found the running joke of his loneliness, combined with his always-upbeat delivery, to be hysterical.

Dameon Clarke did Jack's voice, and he apparently has been doing VO work since the mid 90s. I agree that he was fantastic. I imagine the recording sessions with him were probably a blast to witness.

Claptrap, eh, the whole "minion" thing began to grate on me in a hurry, especially since two out of the four characters (Salvador and Zero) are cold-blooded killers and would fucking scrap the little piece of shit in a heartbeat once they got to Sanctuary (Salvador probably a lot earlier than that.)

It just felt stupid to me that they let Claptrap continue with that bullshit. You should have been able to shoot it and then it just drops that whole line of "I'm so much better than you!" nonsense.

I always found it weird that there are only 6 sirens in the universe at any given time and somehow they all end up on Pandora at the same time.

Yeah, I'm curious to see if they will extend that bit of lore. It was never present in BL1, it's only here through those Jack recordings that you learn of that. (Btw, that entire mission where you have to kill those four assassins who are after Lilith is hilarious. Jack's comments in that mission are just fantastic.)

Creston

8. Re: Ships Ahoy - Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt Jan 15, 2013, 11:24 Beamer

Some of his speeches did kill me, though. Whoever did the acting just nailed the role and deserves whatever stupid awards they give out. Claptrap killed me, too - I found the running joke of his loneliness, combined with his always-upbeat delivery, to be hysterical.

I always found it weird that there are only 6 sirens in the universe at any given time and somehow they all end up on Pandora at the same time.

-------------

27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo