Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

American McGee Interview

An interview on Gaming Nexus talks with American McGee of Spicy Horse about Akaneiro: Demon Hunters, their action/RPG that's currently in open beta testing and the subject of a current Kickstarter Campaign. They focus on the Kickstart, discussing the attention it's bringing to the project in addition to funding, the reasons for a fundraiser for a completed game, and thoughts on the future of crowdsourcing.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: American McGee Interview Jan 16, 2013, 01:20 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Jan 15, 2013, 18:00:
nin wrote on Jan 15, 2013, 17:06:
Cutter wrote on Jan 15, 2013, 17:03:
I don't have a problem with AM but I do have a problem with this sort of KS.

I think I just hate hearing his name, esp when he feels the need to tack it on the front of everything...

Yeah, actually that sort of egoism does get on my tits now that you mention it.

At least he's learned not to name his games "American McGee's xxx" any longer.

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: American McGee Interview Jan 15, 2013, 18:00 Cutter

nin wrote on Jan 15, 2013, 17:06:

I think I just hate hearing his name, esp when he feels the need to tack it on the front of everything...

Yeah, actually that sort of egoism does get on my tits now that you mention it.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

7. Re: American McGee Interview Jan 15, 2013, 17:06 nin

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

6. Re: American McGee Interview Jan 15, 2013, 17:03 Cutter

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

5. Re: American McGee Interview Jan 15, 2013, 15:50 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Jan 15, 2013, 13:52:
Not one penny for this. Hope it fails miserably.

They're almost half way to their goal with plenty of time remaining. It looks like this will get funded, despite being an apparent cash grab.

That being said, the game is currently in open beta so I might give it a try. I like the way American does thematic riffs off of fairy tales, even though most of his games have failed in the execution.

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

4. Re: American McGee Interview Jan 15, 2013, 14:45 Beamer

nin wrote on Jan 15, 2013, 14:29:
American McGee's American McGee's Interview (with American McGee!)

Weird, I clicked through and it was actually an interview with someone else, with American McGee in the background occasionally glancing over...

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

3. Re: American McGee Interview Jan 15, 2013, 14:29 nin

American McGee's American McGee's Interview (with American McGee!)

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

2. Re: American McGee Interview Jan 15, 2013, 13:52 Cutter

Not one penny for this. Hope it fails miserably.

1. Re: American McGee Interview Jan 15, 2013, 11:31 Creston

My biggest concern was that we present a high quality offering that would rise above the noise. We studied other campaigns that worked well and tried to emulate their best features. It’s a beauty pageant, but there’s also a huge amount of live interaction that must be maintained throughout. What I’m realizing now is that a campaign is only as effective as you drive it to be – it requires constant attention and feeding.

Yep. A campaign void of information or updates usually doesn't catch on very well, though some still do if the nostalgia factor is high enough.

I'm more clear now on what he's actually asking money for (it seemed weird that he wanted money for a complete game,) it's to add extra features beforehand rather than later through patches, which seems reasonable enough. I'm not really sure why he thought that "Oh yeah, we just dev salaries, and then added a chunk for marketing" statement was going to do him any favors though...

Anyway, I have no interest in this game, so no interest in the KS either. And they really should implement some form of shadows in their game. Everything seems to be floating in their screenshots.

Creston

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo