Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Gas Powered Games Announces Wildman

Chris Taylor and Gas Powered Games announce Wildman, an upcoming cross between an action/RPG and a real-time strategy game they say will offer "a brand new and unique gaming experience." The game is the subject of a Kickstarter that seeks to raise at least $1.1 million to develop the game, and the page includes this video featuring Chris and the team discussing the game and showing off some concept artwork. Here's word on the game:

Imagine a game where you control a single hero unit—the “Wildman”—in the middle of a raging battle between opposing forces in a specially designed War Zone. You engage the enemy and see your opponent switching tactics, forcing you to reconfigure your army to counter. You push the enemy back to their base before facing your opponent’s champion. Over the course of this battle, you upgrade your armies with new technology, execute special abilities, construct defenses, change your army composition, and shape-shift into new forms that grant you new abilities. This is Wildman.

Now imagine that between these War Zone battles you can go on role-playing adventures. You can explore fantastical environments. You can discover ancient dungeons full of mystery and treasure. You can earn new skills. You can discover and equip new weapons and armor. You can collect materials. You can craft new items. You can fight relentless onslaughts of men and monsters. This is also Wildman.

View
28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

8. Re: Gas Powered Games Announces Wildman Jan 14, 2013, 15:48 dj LiTh

They can hardly make a decent game out of 1 genre, so they're going for 3 this time....ya thanks but no thanks.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Gas Powered Games Announces Wildman Jan 14, 2013, 15:40 ItBurn

DS3 had the worst controls and interface I've ever seen.

it was made by Obsidian, not Gas Powered Games. So, think DS1 and 2, which were better in the interface/controls department.

As for my interest in the project: low... I hate RTS.

6. Re: Gas Powered Games Announces Wildman Jan 14, 2013, 15:38 Krizzen

Wow great find. Here's a huge tangent, but that Wildman voice sounds like Sebastian Bach.

I'll just leave this here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wEhZqLiQ60&feature=player_detailpage#t=759s

5. Re: Gas Powered Games Announces Wildman Jan 14, 2013, 15:36 Stimpack

God, DS3 was probably one of the worst games I've ever played and I've played an unhealthy amount of games.

Aha, apparently GPG did not make DS3? It was Obsidian and published by SE. Here's an interview at RPS

RPS interview

4. Re: Gas Powered Games Announces Wildman Jan 14, 2013, 15:25 Cutter

They mean a game based on Robot Chicken's Wildman?

After DS3 I'll pass thanks.

This comment was edited on Jan 14, 2013, 15:30.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

3. Re: Gas Powered Games Announces Wildman Jan 14, 2013, 15:07 javajeff

I am not interested in this game. I was excited for Kings and Castles, but I guess they are no longer making it. We need companies to make RTS games other than Relic and Blizzard. There are so few.  

2. Re: Gas Powered Games Announces Wildman Jan 14, 2013, 14:56 Verno

Not going to bite on this one, I'll wait for a release version, assuming there is one.  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below

1. Re: Gas Powered Games Announces Wildman Jan 14, 2013, 14:46 nin

Is it me, or is 1.1 a little on the high side?

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo