Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Top 10

Valve offers the following list of the 10 bestselling games on Steam for this past week:

1. Arma II: Combined Operations
  2. Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
  3. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  4. Borderland 2
  5. Far Cry 3
  6. Torchlight II
  7. Counter-Strike Global Offensive
  8. Spec Ops: The Line
  9. XCOM: Enemy Unknown
  10. Call of Duty: Black Ops II

View
32 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

32. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 15, 2013, 01:50 xXBatmanXx

PsychoMoggieBagpuss wrote on Jan 14, 2013, 09:50:
Anyone on the fence about Chivalry needs to watch the below video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1B9sHBbyhs

The game is awesome.

Unless you are with a group of people communicating, etc, it is a terrible cluster of a mess. It just deludes into hack and slash with no purpose. Got bored pretty quickly.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

31. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 15, 2013, 00:48 xXBatmanXx

The Half Elf wrote on Jan 13, 2013, 13:47:
Is it bad that I've never finished a mission in ARMA 1 or 2 due to the crappy control's or horrible voice work?

NOpe. Even after trying to remap controls - it is a terrible f-ing mess....

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

30. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 14, 2013, 12:23 Jerykk

Beamer wrote on Jan 14, 2013, 08:43:
Jerykk wrote on Jan 14, 2013, 02:30:
I'd love to know how well Skyrim has sold on PC compared to consoles. At this point, I have to imagine that the console versions are barely selling anymore so stores aren't ordering new copies.

The Xbox version is still in the top 100 video game products (including accessories) on Amazon.

The PS3 version is about 220 and the PC version is about 270.

Except Amazon doesn't sell digital downloads for Bethesda, so that number accounts only for physical sales.

29. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 14, 2013, 11:48 Dev

Incidentally, Chivalry is also a kickstarted game. Yes there's more than just FTL  

28. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 14, 2013, 10:42 Alamar

PsychoMoggieBagpuss wrote on Jan 14, 2013, 09:50:

The game is awesome.

Thank you... The first few minutes quite completely pushed me off the fence ; )

-Alamar

27. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 14, 2013, 10:38 Creston

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jan 13, 2013, 17:18:
Wow. People, stop buying Skyrim, so it can drop in price enough for ME to consider buying Skyrim.

Same for Far Cry 3, although I assume that won't stay at its regular price anywhere near as long as Skyrim.

There's no way Skyrim PC sold fewer copies than either console version. It's been in the top 10 for basically a year.

Creston

26. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 14, 2013, 09:50 PsychoMoggieBagpuss

The game is awesome.

PMB / Shodan
http:/www.futilez

25. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 14, 2013, 08:43 Beamer

Jerykk wrote on Jan 14, 2013, 02:30:
I'd love to know how well Skyrim has sold on PC compared to consoles. At this point, I have to imagine that the console versions are barely selling anymore so stores aren't ordering new copies.

The Xbox version is still in the top 100 video game products (including accessories) on Amazon.

The PS3 version is about 220 and the PC version is about 270.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

24. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 14, 2013, 02:30 Jerykk

23. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 14, 2013, 00:17 Cutter

Yeah, games like Skyrim, GTA, etc. are easily worth the full price given how much gameplay you get out of it.  

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

22. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 13, 2013, 23:04 Dev

jacobvandy wrote on Jan 13, 2013, 22:58:
What does DLC have to do with getting hundreds of hours out of the perfectly complete as is BASE game? It's been on sale for $30 a dozen times... Regardless, I would argue it's worth throwing more money at Bethesda and buying the stuff separately (maybe not all of it, Hearthfire is kind of lame) just to support future development. Waiting for the GOTY edition because you're a cheapass doesn't give them a vote of confidence like purchasing a proper expansion (Dragonborn) at full price on day one would.
I think they will survive without one extra vote of confidence. I value my money more than giving a massive company like bethesda that for that series. Plus, I've purchased all past content for things like oblivion, fallout 3, fallout new vegas, morrowind, etc, not to mention things like the strategy guides. I don't buy guides for much, but the fallout ones are definitely worth it. And some of the stuff I've bought more than once. Like pre-orders of fallout stuff, then the GotY versions. Plus gifts of beth games. If they aren't getting the message that its still worth it to put stuff on PC after all that, then one extra buy of skyrim isn't going to change their minds. But beth has a clue. They know that ever $60 sale they make on steam for PC gives them roughly TWICE the profit of a $60 console retail sale. If you look at the financials of the big companies like EA, the PC segment generally comes close to any one other platform (such as xbox or ps3). So its well worth beth's time to port to PC, considering just those factors.

I think my pre-order money can do much more significant things funding stuff like wasteland 2, than one more full priced copy of skyrim.

21. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 13, 2013, 22:58 jacobvandy

What does DLC have to do with getting hundreds of hours out of the perfectly complete as is BASE game? It's been on sale for $30 a dozen times... Regardless, I would argue it's worth throwing more money at Bethesda and buying the stuff separately (maybe not all of it, Hearthfire is kind of lame) just to support future development. Waiting for the GOTY edition because you're a cheapass doesn't give them a vote of confidence like purchasing a proper expansion (Dragonborn) at full price on day one would.  

20. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 13, 2013, 22:54 jdreyer

Dev wrote on Jan 13, 2013, 22:48:
jacobvandy wrote on Jan 13, 2013, 21:26:
Seriously... I know people can be cheapasses, especially when it comes to games since a lot of them just aren't worth it, but SKYRIM? Really? Go mow a couple lawns or sell your TF2 items on the Steam Marketplace or something. Because literally not possessing the cash to lay down is the only reason there is not to buy it.
Or wanting to have all the DLC for it in a GotY edition, so it doesn't tack on another $80 or so (whatever they end up with. They sure don't seem in a hurry to make much DLC for it. It sells by the metric ton, they really should get on the ball for it). So that the first game experience is the complete one.

Yeah, there's that. And there's lots of games where I wait to buy the GOTY editions with all the DLC, and I end up playing the game and the DLC. But with Bethesda games, my experience with Oblivion is typical: I played it when it first came out, put in over 100 hours, only got 1/3 of the way through the main quest before moving on, reinstalled it 6 months before Skyrim launched, put in more than 100 hours again, got 1/2 through the main quest, and moved on. I bought the expansion pack for Morrowind and never played it. After that, I never bought expansions/DLC for Bethesda games (Oblivion, Fallout 3, Skyrim). I can't even see everything there is in the launch version, never mind the DLC.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

19. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 13, 2013, 22:48 Dev

jacobvandy wrote on Jan 13, 2013, 21:26:
Seriously... I know people can be cheapasses, especially when it comes to games since a lot of them just aren't worth it, but SKYRIM? Really? Go mow a couple lawns or sell your TF2 items on the Steam Marketplace or something. Because literally not possessing the cash to lay down is the only reason there is not to buy it.
Or wanting to have all the DLC for it in a GotY edition, so it doesn't tack on another $80 or so (whatever they end up with. They sure don't seem in a hurry to make much DLC for it. It sells by the metric ton, they really should get on the ball for it). So that the first game experience is the complete one.

Also, I get tons of offers on my TF2 items. The stuff like max's ears and bill's hat. I like how they look, so I won't sell them unless someone offered me ridiculous amounts for them. It gets annoying though, when I keep getting friends requests from ppl who only want to trade, despite my profile saying dont add if thats the only thing you want me for.

18. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 13, 2013, 22:04 jdreyer

StingingVelvet wrote on Jan 13, 2013, 19:16:
If any games are worth full price it's massive 200 hour open world RPGs.

Skyrim particularly. And with all that cash going to Bethesda, you can bet their will be another Elder Scrolls game in three years, just when we're getting a hankering for another huge open world fantasy game.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

17. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 13, 2013, 21:26 jacobvandy

16. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 13, 2013, 21:07 MattyC

Wow. People, stop buying Skyrim, so it can drop in price enough for ME to consider buying Skyrim. :o

Skyrim is worth the cash if you still haven't picked it up imo. You won't be disappointed.

This comment was edited on Jan 13, 2013, 21:54.

Why did I have a t on cash...

15. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 13, 2013, 19:47 SirKnight

Chivalry is one of those games I've been waiting for all my life (realistic medieval knight combat) and it totally delivers.  

14. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 13, 2013, 19:16 1badmf

i bought chivalry for $12 bucks a week ago. it's mindless fun. a lot. of mindless fun. my favorite technique is pulling out the warhammer, waiting for some asshole to put up his shield thinking he's safe, then charging at him, executing a top down hammer blow and jumping at the same time. it' so satisfying seeing his head make a crunchy shatter as his body flops down still holding onto the shield =D

the hit detection is fantastic - anybody in your swing arc gets hit, and there's no walking through people like in mmos. honestly, THIS should be how mmo combat should be handled in the future.

13. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 13, 2013, 19:16 StingingVelvet

Wow. People, stop buying Skyrim, so it can drop in price enough for ME to consider buying Skyrim. :o

If any games are worth full price it's massive 200 hour open world RPGs.

32 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo