Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Top 10

Valve offers the following list of the 10 bestselling games on Steam for this past week:

1. Arma II: Combined Operations
  2. Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
  3. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  4. Borderland 2
  5. Far Cry 3
  6. Torchlight II
  7. Counter-Strike Global Offensive
  8. Spec Ops: The Line
  9. XCOM: Enemy Unknown
  10. Call of Duty: Black Ops II

View
32 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

12. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 13, 2013, 18:45 SlimRam

The Half Elf wrote on Jan 13, 2013, 13:47:
Is it bad that I've never finished a mission in ARMA 1 or 2 due to the crappy control's or horrible voice work?

And hit the 2nd island in Far Cry 3 yesterday.

Super Secret Text to follow:
Holy crap how many times does the main character 'die' in this game?

I bought both also and have completed maybe one mission, I installed DayZ and played it for a bit and didn't care for it. Now I have over 20 hours in Far Cry 3 and I haven't seen the second island yet... I tend to OCD on games like this. I'm trying to get all the loot and secrets before I further the main story. It sucks a bit because FC3's skill tree will only open so far before you continue the main story soooooo i'm sitting on like 4 skill points that I can't use right now Annoyed

Also i'm a bit surprized to see Chivalry at #2?? It seems the game is good from what i've seen and read but.... is it that popular? You hardly see any press from it? *shrug*

They always say that everyone's good at something...

I just have to find the right kind of place that appreciates nude juggling of a midget, a hand grenade, and a porcupine while playing the kazoo and riding a unicycle backwards without a seat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 13, 2013, 17:52 Dev

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jan 13, 2013, 17:18:
Wow. People, stop buying Skyrim, so it can drop in price enough for ME to consider buying Skyrim.
IKR? Thats why it hasn't gone much below $30 after a YEAR.

10. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 13, 2013, 17:38 Gipson

yes, the top 10 is speckled with resurgences like Arma2 (more likely thanks to the WarZ fiasco) and Spec Ops.

and people are still buying Skyrim!

9. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 13, 2013, 17:18 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wow. People, stop buying Skyrim, so it can drop in price enough for ME to consider buying Skyrim.

Same for Far Cry 3, although I assume that won't stay at its regular price anywhere near as long as Skyrim.

8. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 13, 2013, 15:25 netnerd85

Cutter wrote on Jan 13, 2013, 15:13:
I purchased Arma II on the summer sale and I still haven't loaded it up much less tried Day Z yet.
Well. Do it now then

7. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 13, 2013, 15:13 Cutter

I purchased Arma II on the summer sale and I still haven't loaded it up much less tried Day Z yet.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

6. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 13, 2013, 15:04 jdreyer

Amazed to see Skyrim there more than a year on.  

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

5. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 13, 2013, 14:10 Techie714 ©

Kosh401 wrote on Jan 13, 2013, 14:06:
I think ARMA is going to remain very niched among gamers because the vast majority of ARMA II sales at this point are to gain access to the free DayZ mod.

The ARMA brand recognition is unarguably much higher than ever before as a result of DayZ and that will probably help ARMA III's sales to some degree. Also assuming there is at least a small portion of DayZ players that tried out AND enjoyed ARMA II itself, it should be good for the franchise. However, many DayZ players give the ARMA II engine a shit-kicking over its unfriendly UI and mechanics. So it remains to be seen how it all plays out for ARMA III.

Once the DayZ standalone is out, I expect it to be in Steam's top 10 and ARMA II will completely drop out from it. Even this could be good for ARMA though, as it will keep Bohemia well funded.

I agree with all your points.

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

4. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 13, 2013, 14:06 Kosh401

I think ARMA is going to remain very niched among gamers because the vast majority of ARMA II sales at this point are to gain access to the free DayZ mod.

The ARMA brand recognition is unarguably much higher than ever before as a result of DayZ and that will probably help ARMA III's sales to some degree. Also assuming there is at least a small portion of DayZ players that tried out AND enjoyed ARMA II itself, it should be good for the franchise. However, many DayZ players give the ARMA II engine a shit-kicking over its unfriendly UI and mechanics. So it remains to be seen how it all plays out for ARMA III.

Once the DayZ standalone is out, I expect it to be in Steam's top 10 and ARMA II will completely drop out from it. Even this could be good for ARMA though, as it will keep Bohemia well funded.

3. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 13, 2013, 13:51 jacobvandy

Nope, because (and I hate to burst anyone's bubble) I'm reasonably confident the bulk of ARMA 2 sales continue to be for playing DayZ. Especially after news that we may not be seeing the standalone for another few months.  

2. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 13, 2013, 13:47 The Half Elf

Is it bad that I've never finished a mission in ARMA 1 or 2 due to the crappy control's or horrible voice work?

And hit the 2nd island in Far Cry 3 yesterday.

Super Secret Text to follow:
Holy crap how many times does the main character 'die' in this game?

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

1. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 13, 2013, 13:46 Techie714 ©

ARMA II is STILL kicking ass! I'm so glad to see this, however with the amount of publicity & sales that ARMA II has generated the expectation of ARMA III is going to be that much higher. ARMA II USED to be a small niche game for hardcore military enthusiasts I feel comfortable in saying it has or is close to reaching brand recognition like Crysis, Farcry, & COD. This means that when ARMA III is released these guys BETTER hit the mark with a great game & non buggy release. Because the general public wont be nearly as forgiving as their fans.  

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

32 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo