Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

One home team and one road team won yesterday, just like I picked it, but I was still 0-2 in what's turning out to be a remarkably unimpressive attempt at predicting the NFL playoffs. The games were wonderfully competitive though, living up to the cliché that the divisional round is the best week of football of the season. Here's hoping today's games are equally entertaining.

R.I.P.: Eugene Patterson, 89, voice on civil rights, dies.
R.I.P.: World's oldest woman dies at 115.

Entertaining Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Steppin' Stones.
Links: This Isn't the Petition Response You're Looking For. Thanks The Flying Penguin.
Stories: Fla. 'python challenge' draws about 800 hunters. Thanks brother19.
Media: Science is Pretty Freaking Awesome!.
Awesome Double Donuts: Guy Drifts Two BMWs Simultaneously.
The Funnies: When your house is burning down, you should brush your teeth - The Oatmeal.
EXTRALIFE – By Scott Johnson - The K is for Krave.
The thing about tablets…
Follow-up: Family blames US attorneys for death of Aaron Swartz.
Haiti quietly marks 3rd anniversary of quake.

View
33 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 13, 2013, 17:32 Creston

That was some truly EPIC Matt Ryan bed-shittery in the 2nd half, but then sadly he redeemed himself in those last 30 seconds with two frozen ropes.

And I have to say, Pete Carroll calling a bitch timeout right before the field goal, watching it go wide, then giving the guy a second chance which he nails like money, was the most beautiful image of the entire weekend. Fuck Pete Carroll.

NE vs Bawlmer and SF vs Falcons. Not really the most epic championship games slate.

Creston

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 13, 2013, 17:15 Cutter

banddirector wrote on Jan 13, 2013, 16:44:
Cutter wrote on Jan 13, 2013, 15:14:
Prez wrote on Jan 13, 2013, 14:14:
What the hell happened to Seattle? They were beat like red-headed stepchildren that first half.

Gettin schooled hard.

Really? The `Hawks, who *nobody* thought would even make the playoffs, let alone win a game, were 25 seconds from knocking off the #1 seed.

The Packers, however, were the team who were "schooled hard" ...

Pfft hardly. Clearly you weren't watching any of the games or understood what you were seeing.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 13, 2013, 16:51 Asmo

Does anyone else think that it might be a Darwin test to get a bunch of people armed and deployed in to the Everglades (home of many creepy crawlies) to hunt snakes (likely to make most amateurs a tad jumpy)???

Sounds like one of those things that once the bodies are tallied and the blood is washed away, someone will say in a small voice "Yeah... That probably wasn't the best idea..."

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 13, 2013, 16:47 dj LiTh

banddirector wrote on Jan 13, 2013, 16:44:
What the hell happened to Seattle? They were beat like red-headed stepchildren that first half.

Gettin schooled hard.

Really? The `Hawks, who *nobody* thought would even make the playoffs, let alone win a game, were 25 seconds from knocking off the #1 seed.

I dunno, that first half (which is when he posted it) looked to me like they were schooled hard

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 13, 2013, 16:44 banddirector

Gettin schooled hard.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 13, 2013, 16:15 dj LiTh

Wow, i couldnt believe that onside kick of atlanta at the end, but they escaped even though it seemed like they didnt want to win...  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 13, 2013, 15:42 Prez

Wait a minute - a game is breaking out! Someone must have reminded Atlanta that they don't win playoff games.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 13, 2013, 15:14 Cutter

Gettin schooled hard.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 13, 2013, 15:10 Nadool

Being the "World's oldest" anything is a death sentence

These folks don't hold the crown for long it seems.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 13, 2013, 14:52 mag

Wow, I am going to be wrong on every one of my picks this week.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 13, 2013, 14:14 Prez

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 13, 2013, 14:11 Cutter

dj LiTh wrote on Jan 13, 2013, 13:03:
I dont think one sports analyst in the country picked the ravens to win that game.

That's because by all measures they shouldn't have won. It was Denver's to lose which just goes back to the old adage of "any given Sunday".

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 13, 2013, 13:03 dj LiTh

I dont think one sports analyst in the country picked the ravens to win that game.  

33 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo