Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III 1.07 Preview

The Diablo III Website has a preview of the upcoming version 1.07 patch for Diablo III, saying the update will be on the PTR for Blizzard's action/RPG sequel "soon," though there's no word on when it will go live. The new version will have the promised PvP dueling, though the details they provide indicate this will be at least as barebones as suggested, as it will not include any form of scoring or rewards. They outline changes being made to the Wizard and Monk classes, each of which will get damage buffs, saying they are not done tweaking the other classes yet, but that they had all been the subject of more changes previously. Version 1.07 will also introduce new account-bound items players will be able to craft using new account-bound reagents, a new level of gems, a bump to the damage socketing rubies adds, the ability to use Monster power in public games, bumped Monster Power experience bonuses, changes to the Reflects Damage, Molten, and Plagued affixes, a removal of the incrementing resurrection timer on consecutive deaths, and a slight increase to base pickup radius.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Diablo III 1.07 Preview Jan 14, 2013, 14:22 Elessar

"The Auction House provides a way to earn gold to put toward an item you prefer. But it has some downsides. The biggest downside is that some players find it more rewarding to collect items from slain monsters or crafting."
I can't believe it took them this long to say this. This is ultimately what made the game suck, especially when compared to it's predecessors or Torchlight 2 for that matter. They just had to have their precious AH and fuck it all up for those that liked to have shit just drop in-game that was useful. Ah well, too little too late.

"You don't get what you deserve, you get what you get."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Diablo III 1.07 Preview Jan 14, 2013, 11:00 Verno

deqer wrote on Jan 14, 2013, 09:15:
Seriously, fuck these games and their continuous patching. Fuck the companies that do this.

As opposed to...not patching? Hahah wow.

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown

12. Re: Diablo III 1.07 Preview Jan 14, 2013, 09:17 nin

deqer wrote on Jan 14, 2013, 09:15:
Seriously, fuck these games and their continuous patching. Fuck the companies that do this.

And fuck the new consoles coming out that go harder on this stuff, making it easier for developers to update their games. No!

Fuck off! Leave the game alone. Do your job, and finish your homework(Q.A. testing) before launching a game you fucktards.

Game is too big for you to develop and launch without future patches? Maybe you shouldn't be in the business of developing games with such time constraints then? Not our problem; that's your problem. Don't make it our problem.

Deep Thoughts, by deqer...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

11. Re: Diablo III 1.07 Preview Jan 14, 2013, 09:15 deqer

And fuck the new consoles coming out that go harder on this stuff, making it easier for developers to update their games. No!

Fuck off! Leave the game alone. Do your job, and finish your homework(Q.A. testing) before launching a game you fucktards.

Game is too big for you to develop and launch without future patches? Maybe you shouldn't be in the business of developing games with such time constraints then? Not our problem; that's your problem. Don't make it our problem.

10. Re: Diablo III 1.07 Preview Jan 13, 2013, 13:21 Dirwulf

Alamar wrote on Jan 13, 2013, 10:40:
Respen wrote on Jan 13, 2013, 08:58:
This wouldn't have anything to do with Path of Exile going open beta in 8 days, would it?

I'm sure it does... That's why this is the first post release update for D3...

-Alamar

I guess you don't count the 1.0.5 update released in October, and 1.0.6 in November? Unless you are being sarcastic and I missed it.

9. Re: Diablo III 1.07 Preview Jan 13, 2013, 11:18 Respen

My thoughts exactly Alamar. Also, 8 months in and the pvp we were promised is just making the PTR? And in a rough state at that. Its pretry clear that D3 is no labor of love. Ive only played a little PoE bit so far I am enjoying it.  

8. Re: Diablo III 1.07 Preview Jan 13, 2013, 10:40 Alamar

Respen wrote on Jan 13, 2013, 08:58:
This wouldn't have anything to do with Path of Exile going open beta in 8 days, would it?

I'm sure it does... That's why this is the first post release update for D3...

-Alamar

7. Re: Diablo III 1.07 Preview Jan 13, 2013, 08:58 Respen

6. Re: Diablo III 1.07 Preview Jan 13, 2013, 08:46 cronik

Went back to D2 - they really nailed the endgame item hunt in that game!  

5. Re: Diablo III 1.07 Preview Jan 13, 2013, 07:28 Armengar

Even though I have been one of the few defenders of diablo 3 on here, I think I'm still not going back to d3 before content dlc is released. Not enough left to keep me going on d3 - same happened when I got bored of baal runs in d2.  
Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.

4. Re: Diablo III 1.07 Preview Jan 12, 2013, 19:28 .Drifter

LittleMe wrote on Jan 12, 2013, 16:41:
last!
More like next to last, since . . . LAST! (for now)

3. Re: Diablo III 1.07 Preview Jan 12, 2013, 19:28 theyarecomingforyou

middle!  

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

2. Re: Diablo III 1.07 Preview Jan 12, 2013, 16:41 LittleMe

last!  

Perpetual debt is slavery.

1. Re: Diablo III 1.07 Preview Jan 12, 2013, 16:03 crypto

first!