Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Happy belated birthday to our good friend Ant. I remembered Frans on time this year, so something had to give. Sorry about that Ant, and thanks as always for passing along all the links of interest.

R.I.P.: Reddit Cofounder, Digital Activist Aaron Swartz Dead From Suicide at 26. Thanks nin.

Belated Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Bridge Builder.
Stories: "Crazy" Directors Helm McAfee Drama.
Images: "Every texture in the game should be of Nicolas Cage".
Media: The Most Amazing Footage Of The Moon In Decades.
How to Quit a Job.
Silo annihilated with ak-47. He hates these cans!

View
46 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

26. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 13, 2013, 00:22 MajorD

Happy Birthday Ant. Cake

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

25. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 12, 2013, 23:38 The Half Elf

Ant wrote on Jan 12, 2013, 23:05:
The Half Elf wrote on Jan 12, 2013, 19:22:
Can we downvote Ant's birthday?
Sure, but when did BN get voting options?

Blue, shame on you!

If BN EVER get's voting options you are NOT allowed to have access to them, your notorious across the interwebs

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

24. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 12, 2013, 23:29 Creston

At least I called the 49'ers game right.

Creston

23. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 12, 2013, 23:29 Creston

Prez wrote on Jan 12, 2013, 22:36:
Finally some GOOD playoff games! Personally I can't believe they made Manning take a knee with 31 seconds and two timeouts left, but great game nonetheless. It doesn't look like Green Bay has an answer to such a great rushing quarterback. Green Bay needs to keep the 49er offense off the field if they are going to win.

Fox evidently had NO FAITH whatsoever in Manning this game. You need one first down to win the game, so do you go to your HoF QB, or do you go to your rookie RB, and run him up the gut four times?

Yeah, let's do that.

Fucking unbelievable.

Creston

22. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 12, 2013, 23:15 xXBatmanXx

Great games. Even though Denver lost, I enjoyed what I got to see.

Watch the difference between how Rogers will leave the game vs what Manning did after losing. Manning is classy. Walked over to Lewis (murderer) and shook his hand and chatted. Congratulated everyone that came up to him, then jogged off.

I predict cheese head will run off the field. He is a dick.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

21. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 12, 2013, 23:05 Ant

The Half Elf wrote on Jan 12, 2013, 19:22:
Sure, but when did BN get voting options?

Blue, shame on you!

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

20. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 12, 2013, 23:04 Cutter

Enh, it was Denver's to lose. They started folding in on themselves in the 3rd. And yeah, I can't believe they didn't go for it with 2 time outs and half a minute to go. You knew they had pretty much lost at that point. Baltimore played well overall. I'm so sick of hearing about Ray Lewis though. And that prick talking about god, blah blah blah. Yeah, I might believe in god too if I was a thug who got away with murder.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

19. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 12, 2013, 22:36 Prez

Finally some GOOD playoff games! Personally I can't believe they made Manning take a knee with 31 seconds and two timeouts left, but great game nonetheless. It doesn't look like Green Bay has an answer to such a great rushing quarterback. Green Bay needs to keep the 49er offense off the field if they are going to win.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

18. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 12, 2013, 20:50 Creston

WarPig wrote on Jan 12, 2013, 20:47:

Well, we know who the NFL has told the referees should win the game...

While I haven't kept track of who's gotten screwed the most, I would agree that the reffing has been poor.

There have been some absolutely terrible calls, none more so than that turnover one. However, even so, Denver can't blame the refs. They can blame their fucking TERRIBLE secondary (Seriously, why the fuck do people rate Champ Bailey so highly? The guy can't cover a fucking wall.) and the typical Peyton Manning In The Playoffs Performance.

Creston

17. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 12, 2013, 20:47 Creston

MANNING FACE!

Creston

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 12, 2013, 20:47 WarPig

While I haven't kept track of who's gotten screwed the most, I would agree that the reffing has been poor.

GO SEAHAWKS!

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 12, 2013, 20:47 Creston

Here comes the Manning face. Wait for it... Wait for it...

Creston

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 12, 2013, 20:18 Creston

Creston

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 12, 2013, 20:13 Panickd

killer_roach wrote on Jan 12, 2013, 19:13:
While I think Swartz was basically railroaded by the feds, I'm getting sick of the usual suspects already trying to turn him into some sort of a martyr. He misappropriated MIT's network in such a way that he could have inadvertently become a useful idiot to somebody doing something truly malicious, and probably deserved to spend time behind bars for his sheer stupidity.

That being said, should he have been facing decades in jail and been gagged from even being able to solicit funds for a legal defense? Absolutely not. Dumb is not the same as evil, and the federal prosecutors really botched this.

Girl kills guy walking along the side of the road because she was texting while driving. Serves 45 days in jail (true story). Guy plugs computer into a school's network to download "public" information from a paywalled system and faces a multi-decade sentence. All the other bullshit that went on in his case aside, that's just fucked up beyond measure.

Of course no one can say that any of that was entering into his thoughts when he decided to end it, but it certainly couldn't have helped someone with a history of depression. Dude was brilliant though. He did more in 26 years than most could hope to in a lifetime.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 12, 2013, 20:00 Creston

WHAT??????????????

WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED WITH DENVER???????? You drop eight, and leave a guy wide fucking open???

Creston

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 12, 2013, 19:40 xXBatmanXx

Just woke up - whoops.

Hawks, Broncos, Niners, Pats.

*click. Holy crap. Wish I would have gotten up earlier....

This comment was edited on Jan 12, 2013, 19:46.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 12, 2013, 19:22 The Half Elf

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 12, 2013, 19:19 Rigs

Speaking of the game, since I didn't do my picks yet and the game is tied, 28 to 28 (who knew?), I'm gonna give 'em since I'm not technically cheating (no one's winning the game yet)...

Broncos, Packers, Falcons, Pats...may God have mercy on my soul...

Back to work...OH! Happy Birthday, Ant! Funny, I was just playing your simulated brethren just this morning (Sim Ant)...they don't live very long when spiders are about, might wanna tell them to work on that a little...

=-Rigs-=

'Who am I?...I am the right hand of vengeance and the boot that is going to kick your sorry ass all the way back to Earth, sweetheart! I am death incarnate, and the last living thing that you are EVER going to see. GOD sent me.'

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 12, 2013, 19:13 killer_roach

While I think Swartz was basically railroaded by the feds, I'm getting sick of the usual suspects already trying to turn him into some sort of a martyr. He misappropriated MIT's network in such a way that he could have inadvertently become a useful idiot to somebody doing something truly malicious, and probably deserved to spend time behind bars for his sheer stupidity.

That being said, should he have been facing decades in jail and been gagged from even being able to solicit funds for a legal defense? Absolutely not. Dumb is not the same as evil, and the federal prosecutors really botched this.

7. WHY GOD WHY Jan 12, 2013, 18:56 Orphic Resonance

who cares? if you are looking for a reason to cry, you can find a million billion and more without having to resort to moaning about some quasi-celebrity

btw - that kind of melodramatic sentimental bullshit doesnt make you ethically superior to everyone else

46 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo