Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Borderlands 2 Gear Up Weekend

The Gearbox Software Website has word there's phat lewt to be had in Borderlands 2 beginning now in the "Borderlands 2 Gear Up Weekend" (thanks nin). Here's word:

Gear up for the release of Sir Hammerlockís Big Game Hunt -- the third campaign add-on for Borderlands 2, arriving January 15 -- with special in-game events this weekend!

The festivities begin today, January 11, with Vault Hunters reporting an influx of powerful shotguns throughout Pandora. To join in the fun, simply boot up Borderlands 2 while connected to the internet and start looting before the supply runs dry -- based on current conditions, expect the excess to be exhausted on Saturday, January 12 at 10:55AM CST / 4:55PM GMT (What time is that for me?).

What will tomorrow bring? Check back on GearboxSoftware.com at 11AM CST / 5PM GMT (What time is that for me?) to find out!

View
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

19. Re: Borderlands 2 Gear Up Weekend Jan 13, 2013, 01:24 Creston

John wrote on Jan 12, 2013, 19:53:
Creston wrote on Jan 12, 2013, 17:40:
The trainer usually needs to be updated every time there's a patch out, and his current version date says january 3rd, so it's possible that it's currently not working. Sometimes a trainer stays working after they patch it, but most of the times it doesn't. This guy is pretty good at keeping it up to date, though.
I tried it last night and it seemed to work fine with the latest version of BL. I thought it would just increase the amount of dropped loot from baddies but I found that the weapon chests and the animal droppings like skag piles also had better loot! After beating the Warrior and not getting one orange drop, I got really annoyed with the lack of decent items so this 'mod' makes me want to play more again.

It changes the main loot table, and everything in the game pings that table. That's why when people always say that "in multiplayer you get better loot!" I roll my eyes, because all you get in mp is more enemies, and this more chances of pinging the loot table. But it does not become inherently better.

Their drop rates are really terribly designed. If you can farm one of the main bosses/loot givers in the game for 50 straight times and not get a decent piece of kit out of it, something is really fucking broken.

Creston

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Borderlands 2 Gear Up Weekend Jan 12, 2013, 19:53 John

Creston wrote on Jan 12, 2013, 17:40:
The trainer usually needs to be updated every time there's a patch out, and his current version date says january 3rd, so it's possible that it's currently not working. Sometimes a trainer stays working after they patch it, but most of the times it doesn't. This guy is pretty good at keeping it up to date, though.
I tried it last night and it seemed to work fine with the latest version of BL. I thought it would just increase the amount of dropped loot from baddies but I found that the weapon chests and the animal droppings like skag piles also had better loot! After beating the Warrior and not getting one orange drop, I got really annoyed with the lack of decent items so this 'mod' makes me want to play more again.

This space is available for rent

17. Re: Borderlands 2 Gear Up Weekend Jan 12, 2013, 17:43 Creston

jacobvandy wrote on Jan 12, 2013, 15:21:
Well I just used it right now and it worked!

I forgot I had never finished the Torgue DLC (I blame the November rush of new releases), so I'm going back to do it now. I've really not noticed any especially powerful shotguns in drops, but we'll see how it goes when I get to that vault. Unless the reality is there isn't anything more powerful to find, it's just an increased chance of getting a shotgun over other things... I think I have noticed that happening, at least.

Also, they didn't update their website yet, but I saw on Twitter that today it's "especially powerful" grenade mods that you can find.

It just drops more shotguns, but it's the typical shitty green vendor trash that drops. Even when they do a Gear Up weekend they can't see fit to drop something decent. Really, Gearbox? A 336x16, at level 39? I'm supposed to get all giggly over that?

Grenades do seem to drop better ones today. I've found at least five or six different blue ones. None better than the legendary drop I got from Mortar, but they're good grenades at least.

Creston

16. Re: Borderlands 2 Gear Up Weekend Jan 12, 2013, 17:40 Creston

Dev wrote on Jan 12, 2013, 07:10:
Creston,
Are you using the "Rarity Chances Revealer" ? I did a little googling and that looks like the most likely CE thing.

Yeah. That's the one, though I use it in a cheat file that has it incorporated, because the cheat file guy tends to update more frequently.

Okay, since there are so many people asking for it, I'll just post it here. Blue, I would imagine you have no problems with it, but if you do, please delete the post.

First thing to do is to download Cheatengine from here.

Then, download the borderlands2.cetrainer file from here.

Start BL2, and alt-tab out of it. Start Cheatengine, and hit the button on the top left. It will open a process window. Attach to the borderlands2 process.

Now hit the button immediately to the right of the one you just clicked. Browse to the CEtrainer you downloaded, and open it. It will pop up two lines, the top one says "If you have problems, exit out of the game" and the second one just has a checkbox and says "Enable."

Click the check box in front of enable ONCE. (Don't dbl click, or it will usually crash the CE.)

It will open a list of things you can modify in the game. Go back into the game for a few moments, then alt-tab out of it again, so CE can read all the values.

Now go to scripts, and go to item rarity. It will scan for a second, then show you a list of nine entries with weighted values attached to them, ranging from 200 to 0.009. The first one is ammo. The last one is legendaries.

Typically what I do is change the last three values to 10, 5 and 5, or something along those lines, to give blues, purples and legendaries a better chance of dropping, though I'll play around with it. (note that while it would seem that going from 0.009 to 5 is like a trillion times better, it's a weighted value, so you'll see legendaries about once a mission or so, on average.)

You can use presets to set the chance of ONLY legendaries dropping, and if you fiddle around with it a bit you'll quickly learn which value is which type of loot. The only thing that I can't quite figure out yet is that if I increase the change for purple loot, I actually just seem to get a lot more big eridium stacks. I guess they are considered purple loot and probably just drop more often.

Note that opening the golden chest while this thing is active will give you weird, weird loot. I've opened it and gotten 8 eridium.

Here is the forum thread that contains all the variety of CE mods for BL2. The one I linked to is probably the most extensive and the one that gets updated the most.

If you have any issues with it, let me know.

Creston

15. Re: Borderlands 2 Gear Up Weekend Jan 12, 2013, 17:40 Dev

panbient wrote on Jan 12, 2013, 16:46:
Dang, I feel silly now. Please don't hate me for playing this one on ps3 hahaha
Entirely up to you. You miss out on stuff like the loot drop mod though by doing that

14. Re: Borderlands 2 Gear Up Weekend Jan 12, 2013, 16:46 panbient

Dev wrote on Jan 12, 2013, 15:47:
BTW, that code is for the PC version.
I think there's diff codes for the PS3 and xbox. Maybe thats why the diff reports? Anyway check the gearbox link for the other platforms.

Dang, I feel silly now. Please don't hate me for playing this one on ps3 hahaha

13. Re: Borderlands 2 Gear Up Weekend Jan 12, 2013, 15:47 Dev

panbient wrote on Jan 12, 2013, 09:15:
Dev wrote on Jan 12, 2013, 07:18:
Reminder:
gearbox gave out a shift code for 5 gold keys, it still works, as of this posting, I just tested it:
K3K33-3W9JT-6XJJT-TB3JB-HWZZF
Source:
http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/community/articles/983/awards-and-celebrations

I found it from here, which looks to be a list of all live shift codes:
http://orcz.com/Borderlands_2:_Golden_Key

I just tested that code a minute ago and it's expired

jacobvandy wrote on Jan 12, 2013, 15:21:

BTW, that code is for the PC version.
I think there's diff codes for the PS3 and xbox. Maybe thats why the diff reports? Anyway check the gearbox link for the other platforms.

12. Re: Borderlands 2 Gear Up Weekend Jan 12, 2013, 15:21 jacobvandy

I forgot I had never finished the Torgue DLC (I blame the November rush of new releases), so I'm going back to do it now. I've really not noticed any especially powerful shotguns in drops, but we'll see how it goes when I get to that vault. Unless the reality is there isn't anything more powerful to find, it's just an increased chance of getting a shotgun over other things... I think I have noticed that happening, at least.

Also, they didn't update their website yet, but I saw on Twitter that today it's "especially powerful" grenade mods that you can find.

11. Re: Borderlands 2 Gear Up Weekend Jan 12, 2013, 09:15 panbient

Dev wrote on Jan 12, 2013, 07:18:
Reminder:
gearbox gave out a shift code for 5 gold keys, it still works, as of this posting, I just tested it:
Source:

I just tested that code a minute ago and it's expired

10. Re: Borderlands 2 Gear Up Weekend Jan 12, 2013, 07:52 Ray Marden

Cool; got one new code. I haven't looked for other/better sites, but I've been checking this page every few days:

http://www.ign.com/wikis/borderlands-2/SHiFT_Codes_and_Golden_Keys

Previously, I had not been tracking the key codes and my second play through was getting a bit rough. I now have a ton of keys, but gave up on the game somewhat - the drop rate and quality of drops could definitely use some love.
Too bad your drops affect so much of the experience.
Hating the long gaps where you go a few levels with crap drops,
Ray

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

9. Re: Borderlands 2 Gear Up Weekend Jan 12, 2013, 07:18 Dev

Reminder:
Source:

8. Re: Borderlands 2 Gear Up Weekend Jan 12, 2013, 07:10 Dev

Creston,
Are you using the "Rarity Chances Revealer" ? I did a little googling and that looks like the most likely CE thing.

7. Re: Borderlands 2 Gear Up Weekend Jan 12, 2013, 02:42 MoreLuckThanSkill

If you have a functioning drop rate mod, please post it to mediafire filefront or whatever the current non-DoJ hammered web based file sharing service is.

6. Re: Borderlands 2 Gear Up Weekend Jan 12, 2013, 01:34 nin

The Half Elf wrote on Jan 12, 2013, 01:25:
I want your drop rate mod too Creston!

YEAH, post that fucker!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

5. Re: Borderlands 2 Gear Up Weekend Jan 12, 2013, 01:25 The Half Elf

I want your drop rate mod too Creston!  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

4. Re: Borderlands 2 Gear Up Weekend Jan 12, 2013, 01:14 John

Creston wrote on Jan 11, 2013, 23:17:
Just did. Give me a bit.
Got it, thanks! I'll have to try that out next time I play.

3. Re: Borderlands 2 Gear Up Weekend Jan 11, 2013, 23:17 Creston

John wrote on Jan 11, 2013, 22:54:
True that! Speaking of, did you get my email?

Just did. Give me a bit.

Creston

2. Re: Borderlands 2 Gear Up Weekend Jan 11, 2013, 22:54 John

True that! Speaking of, did you get my email?  

1. Re: Borderlands 2 Gear Up Weekend Jan 11, 2013, 22:46 Creston

It's kinda sad if your game has such shitty drops that you need to do a "gear up weekend."

Creston

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo