Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Ravaged Free Weekend

Steam News announces this is a free weekend for Ravaged, which is also on sale:

Play Ravaged for FREE starting now through Sunday at 1PM Pacific Time. Plus, save 66% until Monday at 10AM Pacific Time during the Weekend Deal!

The Scavengers are an overpowering band of murderous savages hell-bent on taking every last inch of land and every critical resource for themselves. They will stop at nothing. Their success seems certain unless someone can rise up against them. The Resistance is the world’s last best hope and humankind’s only chance to restore civilization. Days before the Apocalypse, these freedom fighters were able to seek shelter deep below the Earth, gathering just enough to survive. Finally, they are ready to emerge and rebuild the planet. But it’s a new world, overrun by the miscreants and madmen, warlords and hapless refugees. Only the most savage can survive.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Ravaged Free Weekend Jan 12, 2013, 21:32 HoSpanky

All I can say is this game's Quick Look on Giant Bomb was hilarious...not intentionally though. If you want the best part, look up "let's watch a pro" on YouTube.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Ravaged Free Weekend Jan 12, 2013, 10:22 siapnar

Panickd wrote on Jan 12, 2013, 09:08:
This is one of those games that had a lot of potential if they had just spent more time in the cleanup and polish phase of development. It's almost as if the developers ran out of money and went, "well, I guess it's done then."
Running out of money shouldn't really mean throw in the towel.
If anything this game looks more like a glorified UT3 mod than anything else. Modders don't get paid, even at the end.
If these guys put in that extra effort and polish the game would have sold much better. More recognition and more payoff on all fronts.

Maybe they tried their best, dunno. Kudos to them for getting they're dream out, either way.

I have projectile dysfunction.

6. Re: Ravaged Free Weekend Jan 12, 2013, 09:08 Panickd

This is one of those games that had a lot of potential if they had just spent more time in the cleanup and polish phase of development. It's almost as if the developers ran out of money and went, "well, I guess it's done then."  

5. Re: Ravaged Free Weekend Jan 12, 2013, 08:03 Jerykk

From what I've seen and read, this is basically just a mediocre Battlefield in a post-apocalyptic setting. Shame, it had a lot of potential.  

4. Re: Ravaged Free Weekend Jan 12, 2013, 02:45 netnerd85

bots?  

3. Re: Ravaged Free Weekend Jan 12, 2013, 02:38 MoreLuckThanSkill

Played this free weekend a bit today, it was borderline unplayable with 60 ping and almost no graphics options turned on. As in, running at 15fps when only two or three other people were around.

Also the vehicles seemed to handle EXTREMELY poorly, compared to BF3 or Rage.

3-1 kill ratio though, as apparently everybody on every server just started playing in the past day or two.

This could be an interesting game in like a year if they fix whatever horrible netcode/processing issue is going on. Apparently it performs even worse in SLI/Crossfire.

Back to BF3 for my vehicle based FPS gaming for the near future.

2. Re: Ravaged Free Weekend Jan 12, 2013, 00:26 siapnar

played the BETA/DEMO/Whatever for this and it was extremely bland.

Cool concept, poor execution.

I think the map design was the biggest problem.

I have projectile dysfunction.

1. Re: Ravaged Free Weekend Jan 11, 2013, 20:15 Nacelle

I was digging the trailer for it. Then the Unreal logo popped up at the end. Sad trombone!  

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo