Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Dead Space 3 Dev-Team Edition

EA Gear now offers sales of the Dead Space 3 Dev-Team Edition, a limited edition version of the game they say "is squarely grounded in-fiction" (thanks VG247). This includes a region 1 version of the game, but they also have an add-on version which does not include the game, just the goodies. Here's word on what the version with the game includes:

• 13" SCAF Tin Crate
  • 8" Ployresin Black Marker Statue
  • Aluminum Data Pad
  • Med Pack Water Bottle
  • Bound SCAF Jotter
  • 3 SCAF Posters
  • 6 Peng Postcards
  • 96 Page Mini Art Book
  • A copy of Dead Space 3 on the platform of your choice (PC copies are disc only; we are unable to provide a downloadable version)
  • DLC: First Contact bundle (includes the First Contact Suit and Negotiator weapon for precise dismemberment)
  • DLC: Witness the Truth bundle (includes the Witness the Truth suit and tactical Evangelizer weapon)

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Dead Space 3 Dev-Team Edition Jan 12, 2013, 17:09 Dades

This is the future from EA. Words can't even describe how pathetic it is.

- DADES - This is a signature of my name, enjoy!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Dead Space 3 Dev-Team Edition Jan 12, 2013, 15:26 The Half Elf

I'd still kill for a Big Daddy figure.

What was actually really nice was the statue from The Old Republic CE. My brother in law who is a major Star Wars Collector wanted to trade me his original backwards compatible PS3 for it. I told him nope it looks nice sitting next to the GTA4 lock box (which I almost broke a toe on).

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

7. Re: Dead Space 3 Dev-Team Edition Jan 12, 2013, 15:21 killer_roach

The Half Elf wrote on Jan 12, 2013, 15:08:
Statue of kinky sex toy, a water bottle and postcards? Are you going on a trip somewhere?

The Data Pad actually looks cool, but the rest of it?

Still have to say my favorite collector's edition item from a game remains the Big Daddy figurine I got from Bioshock... it's decent-sized (about 8" tall), is solidly-built (I mean, has genuine heft to it), and simply looks badass on display. And that was from a $60 collector's edition.

6. Re: Dead Space 3 Dev-Team Edition Jan 12, 2013, 15:08 The Half Elf

Statue of kinky sex toy, a water bottle and postcards? Are you going on a trip somewhere?

The Data Pad actually looks cool, but the rest of it?

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

5. Re: Dead Space 3 Dev-Team Edition Jan 12, 2013, 14:28 killer_roach

deqer wrote on Jan 12, 2013, 13:51:
This all sounds just stupid. Really.

They did something similar for ME3, but yeah... EA hasn't really ever been good with special editions for games. This one does a better job of checking off the requisite boxes for physical goodies (with some glaring omissions - no soundtrack? no dev diaries? no steelbook case for the game?), but at $160 they completely botched the price (I'd say this is more like a $90-100 bundle, maybe $120 if it's especially limited).

4. Re: Dead Space 3 Dev-Team Edition Jan 12, 2013, 13:51 deqer

This all sounds just stupid. Really.

3. Re: Dead Space 3 Dev-Team Edition Jan 12, 2013, 13:12 Tumbler

I half expecting something cool like a statue of a guy in an upgraded suit or something...  
99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

2. Re: Dead Space 3 Dev-Team Edition Jan 12, 2013, 09:16 Fantaz

It includes a secret distress note that describes the horrible conditions the Dev-Team had to endure to make this game. Please, save them from EA!  

1. Re: Dead Space 3 Dev-Team Edition Jan 11, 2013, 20:24 The Half Elf

Does it include a pink slip after the first patch? Or what about when you tell EA that you'd like to make another game besides Dead Space 4?  

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo