Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

On Sale

Thanks nin and Joystiq.

• Alice: Madness Returns The Complete Collection on Amazon.com. Save 60%.
  • Darksiders Franchise Pack on Amazon.com. Save 67%.
  • Digital Game Factory Collection on GOG.com. Save 60%.
  • Doom 3: BFG Edition on Gamefly.com.
  • FTL: Faster Than Light on Steam. Save 50%.
  • Hitman: Absolution on Gamefly.com. Save 50%.
  • Rage on Gamefly.com. Save 75%.
  • Saints Row the Third - The Full Package on Amazon.com. Save 58%.
  • Transformers: Fall of Cybertron on Gamefly.com. Save 66%.
  • Viking: Battle for Asgard on Steam. Save 66%.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: On Sale Jan 12, 2013, 15:23 Dev

I dunno about the sales, but here's the link to editors choice games if anyone needs it:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000728511

Edit:
In the upper right corner it says "48-Hour Deals". So they are still running sales on some titles.

Armengar wrote on Jan 12, 2013, 05:44:
FTL I'd great I am so glad that there isn't an android version else I wouldn't get anything done!
There's a linux version. I wonder how much work would be required to get it working on android. Is there a linux to android wrapper?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: On Sale Jan 12, 2013, 08:05 Jerykk

I wouldn't pay more than $3 for either Nightmare in North Point or Zodiac Tournament. They are both extremely short (2 hours for Nightmare if you do everything, 1 hour for Zodiac).  

8. Re: On Sale Jan 12, 2013, 05:44 Armengar

FTL I'd great I am so glad that there isn't an android version else I wouldn't get anything done!  
Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.

7. Re: On Sale Jan 12, 2013, 02:29 nin

Caladell wrote on Jan 12, 2013, 02:01:
How's the DLC on Sleeping Dogs? Been wanting the game since it came out, and right now it's on sale at getgamesgo. They also have a DLC pack that's on sale. Wondering if I should pick that up as well.

Disclaimer: I own very little of the DLC, only got what came with a preorder.

I would avoid the Top Dog Silver Pack and the Top Dog Gold Pack. These basically give you early unlocks for combat moves you're supposed to learn over time during the game. (The problem with steam being that once you buy something like this, you generally can't disable it (in the case of SD, at all), if you don't like it. )

People complained about the Envelope Pack as being too easy to find, since most of them are at parking garages you visit anyway.

Most of the other stuff is either outfits or vehicle unlocks.

As far as actual CONTENT (heh), I think that just leaves Nightmare in North Point and the Zodiac Tournament. It looks like a few others provide minimal things (The Street Racer pack giving more races, etc), but I have no idea how substantial they are.

Also, anything that promises guns, remember that the vast majority of the time you won't use them, as you can't just run around in public with a gun.

And don't forget the texture pack, as long as your video card a gig or more.

(Hope that helps.)

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

6. Re: On Sale Jan 12, 2013, 02:01 Caladell

How's the DLC on Sleeping Dogs? Been wanting the game since it came out, and right now it's on sale at getgamesgo. They also have a DLC pack that's on sale. Wondering if I should pick that up as well.  

5. Im sun on yee, motherfucker Jan 12, 2013, 01:43 Orphic Resonance

Cutter wrote on Jan 11, 2013, 20:38:
So I just finished Sleepy Dogs and I'd say it was my GOTY for 2012.

only thing wrong with it is that it should have been at least 2x as long... i felt like the studio closure or whatever made them cut it way short.. damn shame - IMO its the first GTA style game where the storyline actually came close to movie quality

4. Re: On Sale Jan 12, 2013, 00:45 nin

jimnms wrote on Jan 12, 2013, 00:40:
WTF happened to Amazon's 2012 Editor's Choice deals. I've got two $5 credits, and it says they're good through the 31st. I had a quick look at the games when they were posted on the 1st. The games on the list were still discounted at their winter sale prices. I was definitely going to get one of them. I've had some family issues come up that I've been having to take care of and didn't get around to. Since the credits were good through he 31st, I assumed the discounts would be too, so I just put it off until I had more time. I finally had the time last night and remembered it, but now the prices have all gone up. When did they do that? It would have been cheaper to buy the games during the sale since the credits don't stack.

I grabbed Walking Dead the other day for $7.49 with my credit, but yeah, XCom is back @ $50.

Amazon tends to work on a "you snooze, you lose" policy where (unless it specifically says it's a daily/weekly deal, like they do with dvd/blu rays) they never announce when exactly a sale is going to end.

If it'll make you feel any better, the Summer sale on steam will be here before we know it. I'll prob grab XCom then.

3. Re: On Sale Jan 12, 2013, 00:40 jimnms

WTF happened to Amazon's 2012 Editor's Choice deals. I've got two $5 credits, and it says they're good through the 31st. I had a quick look at the games when they were posted on the 1st. The games on the list were still discounted at their winter sale prices. I was definitely going to get one of them. I've had some family issues come up that I've been having to take care of and didn't get around to. Since the credits were good through he 31st, I assumed the discounts would be too, so I just put it off until I had more time. I finally had the time last night and remembered it, but now the prices have all gone up. When did they do that? It would have been cheaper to buy the games during the sale since the credits don't stack.  

MeanJim on Steam

2. Re: On Sale Jan 11, 2013, 20:45 nin

Also, I really like Jackie.

It really was a good story, and I found I was interested in what happened next. I'd love to see a sequel. Definitely one of the better games of 2012. While I'm generally not a fan of melee combat in my open world FPS, once I got the hang of it, it was fun. Loved the environment and how you could use it during combat. I would have liked to see some better control in the gun play - with a gamepad (how I played with the rest of the game), it never quite felt right. But seeing as how limited it was, it wasn't the end of the world.

1. Re: On Sale Jan 11, 2013, 20:38 Cutter

So I just finished Sleepy Dogs and I'd say it was my GOTY for 2012. I was very surprised I enjoyed it as much as I did. that HD texture pack sure mad ea difference - thanks for mentioning that. The only downside was that I thought the paths would be more divergent and you'd get to choose whose side you came down on. That would have made for a much better game. Also, I really like Jackie. They need some DLC adventures with him. "You like that, huh? Cocksucker!" LOL! I also thought Ricky should have played more of a role. Still, it was the best GTA style game I've played since RDR. SR3 was fun too but camp enough not to take it seriously. I hope they do a follow up to this. For anyone who hasn't played it, next time it's on sale do yourself a favour and pick it up.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo