Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Consolidation

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: Razors and Razorblades Jan 12, 2013, 18:07 killer_roach

Fantaz wrote on Jan 12, 2013, 15:52:
Ozmodan wrote on Jan 12, 2013, 10:11:
Yep, clearly one of the better articles on this topic in a while. I completely agree with his thoughts.

Well I don't... hardcore gamers won't buy tablets or play games on their smart phones. We want the next-gen consoles already yesterday!

I think you're horrifically wrong on that - the main thing keeping core gamers away from tablets and mobile devices for gaming is simply a lack of quality gaming experiences on either. If the games come, the gamers will follow.

(I used to think that it was hardware controls that were holding things back - not so much anymore. If anything, core gamers are already starting to move to mobile devices in greater numbers simply because the games are getting better and they're able to do something the consoles and PC can't do anywhere near as well, that being portability.)

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Razors and Razorblades Jan 12, 2013, 15:52 Fantaz

Ozmodan wrote on Jan 12, 2013, 10:11:
Yep, clearly one of the better articles on this topic in a while. I completely agree with his thoughts.

Well I don't... hardcore gamers won't buy tablets or play games on their smart phones. We want the next-gen consoles already yesterday!

2. Re: Razors and Razorblades Jan 12, 2013, 10:11 Ozmodan

1. Razors and Razorblades Jan 11, 2013, 22:28 jdreyer

Crappy title, but great article. It explains all the cool shit we're seeing these days, from Project Shield to the Razer Edge to the Ouya to the Steam box. It's become so cheap to produce a custom piece of hardware that lots of new players are getting into the market.

I especially love the Razer Edge, I just don't want to pay $1000 for a 10 inch gaming tablet, even if it does run my Steam titles.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo