Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

etc., etc.

View
26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

26. Re: More Big Picture Details Jan 14, 2013, 23:49 Wowbagger_TIP

RollinThundr wrote on Jan 12, 2013, 23:18:
Axis wrote on Jan 12, 2013, 20:32:
Disarming 99% of law abiding citizens against the 1% criminals who would get one anyway is not the answer. Go ask the Swiss.

Much of the problem is medication, lots of research out there but the liberal media wants to keep this about gun control - another 'excuse' it's not them or their actions, its the guns. Another 'lets pat ourselves on the back we did the first thing that comes to mind' it's the guns.

Almost every mass murder was done by someone who was seriously medicated either currently or shortly after stopping, and anyone who knows anything about these meds knows that the latter is the most dangerous part.

Go to any other country and you'll see a general aversion and reluctance to medicate and far less medical 'problems', especially when it comes to mental health.

America by FAR the most medicated country, it's absolutely ridiculous. Some medication is needed, but much is not. America has everything, the 'poor' in America have everything they need to live a good life and people medicate for shit like depression? Go to any of the low crime rate countries and ask how many get medicated for depression - ya a ridiculous notion.

Do you know that WATER fixes a shit ton of ailments and imbalances? Amazing, our bodies are mostly water and it's water that fixes them. But... water isn't profitable. Go do research, I might have just changed your life. I know mine was changed about 8 years ago armed with this information and a bug to find out more.

Anyways guns aren't the problem, it's a fact backed by all available research out there.

That's because the big pharma lobbyist are even stronger than the NRA lobbyist. Plain and simple our heath care in general is a joke, sadly Obamacare will do more to make it worse than better.

Don't think that's even possible. Our health care system has been an embarrassment for a while. We lead the world in research and development of medical treatments and techniques, but lag far behind in actually making care available to the people who need it. It's pretty pathetic.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

25. Re: More Big Picture Details Jan 12, 2013, 23:18 RollinThundr

Disarming 99% of law abiding citizens against the 1% criminals who would get one anyway is not the answer. Go ask the Swiss.

Much of the problem is medication, lots of research out there but the liberal media wants to keep this about gun control - another 'excuse' it's not them or their actions, its the guns. Another 'lets pat ourselves on the back we did the first thing that comes to mind' it's the guns.

Almost every mass murder was done by someone who was seriously medicated either currently or shortly after stopping, and anyone who knows anything about these meds knows that the latter is the most dangerous part.

Go to any other country and you'll see a general aversion and reluctance to medicate and far less medical 'problems', especially when it comes to mental health.

America by FAR the most medicated country, it's absolutely ridiculous. Some medication is needed, but much is not. America has everything, the 'poor' in America have everything they need to live a good life and people medicate for shit like depression? Go to any of the low crime rate countries and ask how many get medicated for depression - ya a ridiculous notion.

Do you know that WATER fixes a shit ton of ailments and imbalances? Amazing, our bodies are mostly water and it's water that fixes them. But... water isn't profitable. Go do research, I might have just changed your life. I know mine was changed about 8 years ago armed with this information and a bug to find out more.

Anyways guns aren't the problem, it's a fact backed by all available research out there.

That's because the big pharma lobbyist are even stronger than the NRA lobbyist. Plain and simple our heath care in general is a joke, sadly Obamacare will do more to make it worse than better.

24. Re: More Big Picture Details Jan 12, 2013, 22:53 HorrorScope

Disarming 99%

I haven't heard of anyone seriously talking about disarming any law abiding citizen, let alone 99% of them.

23. Re: More Big Picture Details Jan 12, 2013, 20:32 Axis

Yours truly,

Axis

22. Re: More Big Picture Details Jan 12, 2013, 17:20 HorrorScope

RollinThundr wrote on Jan 12, 2013, 13:48:
Just don't buy those types of games then if they bother you so much, not everyone should be punished just because a few feeling driven liberals get butt hurt over one thing or another. Doing anything based on pure emotion which is kinda what liberals do, rather than common sense is flat out dumb.

That isn't the point, it is unstable people playing them. I would sacrifice for a greater good, however there has to be a lot of sense in it. All we know this is all slow working poison to us, and I'm talking all 3. My gut says, all take a bit of a step forward, it is far from out of the question and things like this do happen.

21. Re: etc., etc. Jan 12, 2013, 15:59 PHJF

Nobody legitimately thinks the Constitution is beyond question. If they did there wouldn't have been nearly thirty Amendments. People just throw it out there because it sounds good, much like they do "the founding fathers." It's a document written by men, and men are inherently flawed.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

20. Re: etc., etc. Jan 12, 2013, 15:27 Hoop

He makes a good point in sticking up for games in that games are global & there is nowhere near the same amount of mass shootings in other parts of the world.
The non gun nuts in America must feel completely helpless in the face of the frothing at the mouth constitution spouting inbreds. Im not trying to provoke at all but your constitution while in it's inception a brilliant document to the outside world as time passes just seems to bind you more than free as was it's original purpose.

Again Im not out to be holier than thou our treaty document that serves as a constitution is also a binding divisive catalyst today, only thankfully not so specific.

This comment was edited on Jan 12, 2013, 15:49.

Um .. Behind you...

19. Re: More Big Picture Details Jan 12, 2013, 13:48 RollinThundr

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 12, 2013, 12:24:
PropheT wrote on Jan 11, 2013, 21:34:
HorrorScope wrote on Jan 11, 2013, 20:00:
I'm ok if Hollywood, games and guns all were tamed some. Perhaps one without the others is unfair.

Why? And to what degree?
And who decides? And once it's decided...where does it stop?

Who's been deciding anything all along? Those people. Lawmakers, rating boards etc.

Why? In the name of just bettering ourselves.

Hey I've killed a billion pixels like the next guy, I don't need military level weaponry, and movies can ratchet it back some. I'm far from saying get rid of it all, but perhaps we can tame our savage side 5%, or something.

We've been refining ourselves since the start of time, this is just continuation of that.

Just don't buy those types of games then if they bother you so much, not everyone should be punished just because a few feeling driven liberals get butt hurt over one thing or another. Doing anything based on pure emotion which is kinda what liberals do, rather than common sense is flat out dumb.

18. Re: etc., etc. Jan 12, 2013, 13:24 PHJF

CNBC is farther to the left than fox is to the right

lol?

Steam + PSN: PHJF

17. Re: etc., etc. Jan 12, 2013, 13:14 Axis

shinchan0s wrote on Jan 12, 2013, 07:48:
Axis wrote on Jan 11, 2013, 23:18:
If anyone bothered to read past the headline they'd realize Dennis Kneale (yes the article even got his name wrong) is a 25 year CNBC die-hard anti-capitolism Liberal douche who got a 'token' position on Fox.

Because when I want my daily dose of anti-capitalist ranting and liberal cheerleading I watch CNBC.

Are you sure you're not thinking of MSNBC? People watch CNBC for the Wall Street circlejerk (and stocks, I guess).

CNBC is farther to the left than fox is to the right, however It's not near as liberal as MSNBC or CNN or others. It's the liberal version of fox's conservative version.

But it wasn't the station I was pointing out as being an 'die-hard anti-capitolism Liberal douche', it's Dennis.

Yours truly,

Axis

16. Re: More Big Picture Details Jan 12, 2013, 12:28 HorrorScope

SmyTTor wrote on Jan 11, 2013, 22:56:
Sorry, but weapons manufacturers have better funded lobbyists.

I did have a passing thought recently. Are there more gamers then gun owners? Are there more games than guns? Movies are they larger then either? I think all of them are huge numbers, there isn't this huge weakness in the gaming sector where they can just be pushed around without a blink of an eye. Where one is protecting 2nd amendment, the other two are protecting the 1rst.

That said common sense trumps everything, both 1rst and 2nd aren't completely boundless, there have been plenty of boundaries put on them, especially on the 1rst.

15. Re: More Big Picture Details Jan 12, 2013, 12:24 HorrorScope

PropheT wrote on Jan 11, 2013, 21:34:
I'm ok if Hollywood, games and guns all were tamed some. Perhaps one without the others is unfair.

Why? And to what degree?
And who decides? And once it's decided...where does it stop?

Who's been deciding anything all along? Those people. Lawmakers, rating boards etc.

Why? In the name of just bettering ourselves.

Hey I've killed a billion pixels like the next guy, I don't need military level weaponry, and movies can ratchet it back some. I'm far from saying get rid of it all, but perhaps we can tame our savage side 5%, or something.

We've been refining ourselves since the start of time, this is just continuation of that.

14. Re: etc., etc. Jan 12, 2013, 07:48 shinchan0s

Axis wrote on Jan 11, 2013, 23:18:
If anyone bothered to read past the headline they'd realize Dennis Kneale (yes the article even got his name wrong) is a 25 year CNBC die-hard anti-capitolism Liberal douche who got a 'token' position on Fox.

Because when I want my daily dose of anti-capitalist ranting and liberal cheerleading I watch CNBC.

Are you sure you're not thinking of MSNBC? People watch CNBC for the Wall Street circlejerk (and stocks, I guess).

13. Re: More Big Picture Details Jan 12, 2013, 01:38 Orphic Resonance

Prez wrote on Jan 11, 2013, 20:06:
Why are the makers of the content always the ones vilified when all they are doing is providing the content that society wants? If you really are concerned about the level of violence, instead of questioning why Rockstar makes violent games maybe ask why it is society is so keen on playing them?

because people are hypocrites.. especially fundamentalists

it all boils down to everyone being too chickenshit to accept their own failings and "evildoings".. so they project them onto someone else so they can see themselves as pure and good and holy - also it requires that they vilify and demonize the people they are projecting onto, so the hatred can be justified

and thats also why the world is a shithole, because it largely consists of these people who cant take responsibility for their own wrongs

12. Re: More Big Picture Details Jan 11, 2013, 23:43 DangerDog

I am too, more room for chainsaws and wood chippers

11. Re: etc., etc. Jan 11, 2013, 23:41 The Half Elf

Elvis, Rock and Roll, Dungeons and Dragon's, gangster rap, celeb's who are called roll models who never wanted to be such things, violent movies, games, etc etc etc.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

10. Re: etc., etc. Jan 11, 2013, 23:18 Axis

Yours truly,

Axis

9. Re: etc., etc. Jan 11, 2013, 22:56 SmyTTor

Sorry, but weapons manufacturers have better funded lobbyists.

Also, turning on a power switch =/= parenting. Allowing any stimuli to a developing mind without proper oversight and context is completely irresponsible.

Not as irresponsible as allowing the purchase of firearms without a background check while on a terror watch list, however.

8. Re: etc., etc. Jan 11, 2013, 22:53 Creston

I like how the Supreme Court said in 2011 "Videogames are protected speech under the First Amendment", yet apparently that means nothing to either the media, or, for that matter, our president.

Yeah, I mean. You know. It's just the Supreme Court. Who cares what they say?

Creston

7. Re: etc., etc. Jan 11, 2013, 22:33 ldonyo

Typical Fox News tactic; when the facts don't back the story you want to present, try to get an 'expert' to see things your way.  

26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo