Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct in March

Activision and Terminal Reality respond to last week's release of a trailer for The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct that turned out to be unofficial with the release of some new details about the upcoming first-person survival game, along with a brief official trailer. The video does not contain any gameplay footage, but does feature actors Norman Reedus and Michael Rooker revealing a March 29th release date for this game featuring their characters of Darryl and Merle Dixon (the 28th is a Friday and the trailer has a European PEGI rating, so its altogether possible the North American release date will one of the surrounding Tuesdays). We also have some new details on gameplay to share:

The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct brings the authentic, heart-stopping horrors of The Walking Dead to life in a way thatís unlike anything the series has ever seen. Terminal Realityís upcoming video game is an all-new, first-person, do-whatever-you-need-to-survive game based on AMCís Emmy award-winning series. In the game, players assume the role of the mysterious, crossbow-wielding survivor Daryl Dixon, alongside his overbearing brother Merle, on a haunting, unforgiving quest to make their way to the supposed safety of Atlanta.

FEATURES

• An engrossing single player campaign that lets players experience the world of The Walking Dead through the eyes of fan-favorite, Daryl Dixon.
  • A unique style of gameplay that blends first-person action with resource management for a focus on surviving the undead nightmare.
  • Authentic character design and frighteningly realistic animations. Norman Reedus (Darryl) and Michael Rooker (Merle) provide the voice of their characters. Walkers look, move and react to sights, sounds and smells just the way that they do in the hit television show.
  • An emphasis on survival - every threat needs to be assessed and every situation analyzed. Players will choose whether to stay and fight while risking a gruesome death or using stealth to avoid the undead. Resources are scarce and scattered; gamers will have to not only ration supplies, but carefully consider their food, medical needs, ammunition, and other goods as survival in the game is based upon wit and intellect more so than simple, sheer skill.
  • Decisions matter as Daryl will encounter a slew of characters that can help or hurt him in a variety of ways; whether or not they accompany him is completely up to the player and represents just some of the major decisions that will constantly be made.
  • Terminal Realityís using their proprietary Infernal Engine and wealth of experience to create an amazing experience for both fans and newcomers alike.

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct in March Jan 12, 2013, 09:03 Umbragen

bobbyweenus wrote on Jan 11, 2013, 11:25:
I just don't understand how you take one of the biggest most sought after IPs in multimedia (TV, comics, and now the incredible adventure game) and make something this half assed and uninspired. It's just irresponsible and it's going to hurt the brand more than it helps, improves upon it, or even cashes in on it.

This is all AMC's fuckup, it's based solely on IP they have control over. I'm sure Kirkman gets a piece of whatever pittance this game may make, I don't think he could control it or stop it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct in March Jan 12, 2013, 08:06 Jerykk

Worst trailer ever? Quite possibly. Not a single screen or clip from the game. Not even a CGI teaser. Activision isn't putting in a lot of effort with this one, though that's not really surprising anymore.  

10. Re: The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct in March Jan 11, 2013, 22:56 Parallax Abstraction

Developed by Terminal Reality. 'Nuff said.  
Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube (Watch/Rate/Comment on my shows!)

9. Re: The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct in March Jan 11, 2013, 14:05 The Magician

I will buy this game just to spend hours shooting Merle in the face with a crossbow.

Beamer wrote on Jan 11, 2013, 12:09:
Cutter wrote on Jan 11, 2013, 12:05:
dj LiTh wrote on Jan 11, 2013, 10:49:
Darryl is my favorite charactor on the show, however i was thinking this game was atleast a year away from what we saw in that previous video....epic fail comes to mind

Yep, Daryl is hands down everyone's favourite character. However, yes, this game is going to suck.

Which says a lot, because he's not much of a character. He gets about 30 minutes of screen time a season, and about 5 lines. He's actually behind T-Dawg on that. He basically just looks angry and is good at killing things (which is why we like him), but he's barely been fleshed out beyond that and most of what he's done with Carol has been annoying. But he represents the best potential for a redemption arc.

He's my favorite, too. I just realize there's very little cause for that. He and Glenn were the most solid characters, or I should rephrase as the only non-terrible one, before this season (which is a huge improvement.)

This game will be the Herschel's farm of FPS games.

8. Re: The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct in March Jan 11, 2013, 12:09 Beamer

Cutter wrote on Jan 11, 2013, 12:05:
Darryl is my favorite charactor on the show, however i was thinking this game was atleast a year away from what we saw in that previous video....epic fail comes to mind

Yep, Daryl is hands down everyone's favourite character. However, yes, this game is going to suck.

Which says a lot, because he's not much of a character. He gets about 30 minutes of screen time a season, and about 5 lines. He's actually behind T-Dawg on that. He basically just looks angry and is good at killing things (which is why we like him), but he's barely been fleshed out beyond that and most of what he's done with Carol has been annoying. But he represents the best potential for a redemption arc.

He's my favorite, too. I just realize there's very little cause for that. He and Glenn were the most solid characters, or I should rephrase as the only non-terrible one, before this season (which is a huge improvement.)

This game will be the Herschel's farm of FPS games.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

7. Re: The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct in March Jan 11, 2013, 12:05 Cutter

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

6. Re: The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct in March Jan 11, 2013, 11:25 bobbyweenus

I just don't understand how you take one of the biggest most sought after IPs in multimedia (TV, comics, and now the incredible adventure game) and make something this half assed and uninspired. It's just irresponsible and it's going to hurt the brand more than it helps, improves upon it, or even cashes in on it.  

5. Re: The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct in March Jan 11, 2013, 11:06 Quinn

Jesus Christ, here we go again..

Mark my words: This'll suck.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

4. Re: The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct in March Jan 11, 2013, 10:56 nin

Zyrxil wrote on Jan 11, 2013, 10:49:
They're gonna go from no AI and next to no animations to release in 2 months? This is the type of shit that got THQ bankrupt.

While we don't know the age of the original video (unless I missed it), I agree, it doesn't bode well, and sounds like a quick cash grab.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

3. Re: The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct in March Jan 11, 2013, 10:49 Zyrxil

They're gonna go from no AI and next to no animations to release in 2 months? This is the type of shit that got THQ bankrupt.  

2. Re: The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct in March Jan 11, 2013, 10:49 dj LiTh

1. Re: The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct in March Jan 11, 2013, 10:26 Ozmodan

Why would you want to play either of those idiots? Of all the characters to pick, those two would be at the bottom of my list.  

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo