Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer - New CDP Reveal Next Month?

This trailer offers the promised (sort of) first look at Cyberpunk 2077, CD Projekt RED's upcoming sci-fi RPG. On a related note, VG247 has word that freezing frames in the trailer reveals text saying CD Projekt RED is "about to reveal" a "project, which is much closer to being completed" than Cyberpunk 2077. "It will also be a fully open-world game with an intense story," the tease goes on to say, before suggesting this is Witcher-related by adding "You can probably guess the game we’re talking about." Apparently "all will be clear" on February 5th. Finally, CD Projekt RED sends along some further details on the game, introducing the concept of "Braindances," which are "digital recordings of a person’s experience." Here's word on the new cinematic trailer:

“The teaser shows how the Psycho Squad might acquire a new member. The Psycho Squad specializes in combating “psychos” – individuals who overuse implants and substances that boost or otherwise alter the human body. There comes a point when they overdose on these innovations, and their bodies start to rebel against their biological body parts as well as against all things organic around them. Simply put, they start killing people, who they now derisively call 'meatbags.'

When a psycho goes on the rampage, strange things can happen. There’s going to be a lot of carnage, so the psycho might be taken down by regular police, but they’re not always able to get the job done. When things spin out of control, they call in MAX-TAC (Maximum Force Tactical Division), popularly called the 'Psycho Squad'. And these guys are exceptional, these guys are crack troops. The fact that they’re proud of that name tells you a bit about their mindset. They wear a badge with their official emblem on their right sleeve, but their left is reserved for their unofficial Psycho Squad emblem. It’s primitively made and the image itself is on the crude side of things. It’s not unlike a badge special force operators might make and wear to distinguish themselves from the ranks of grunts in any theatre of war," says Adam Badowski, head of CD Projekt RED studio.

The creators promise that “Cyberpunk 2077” will be true to the essence of the cyberpunk genre. Players will be thrown into the dark future of the year 2077 and into a world where advanced technologies have become both the salvation and the curse of humanity. A multi-thread, nonlinear story designed for mature players (a CD Projekt RED trademark) will take place in the sprawling metropolis of Night City and its surroundings. Players will have a chance to freely roam the open-world environment and visit places well known from the pen-and-paper RPG “Cyberpunk 2020®”, including a combat zone completely taken over by gangs, the legendary Afterlife joint and the nostalgic Forlorn Hope.

View
63 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

23. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer - New CDR Reveal Next Month? Jan 10, 2013, 22:16 Fantaz

netnerd85 wrote on Jan 10, 2013, 21:07:
Ugh, beyond annoying music. Replace the chick with Dante from DMC5... lol... mmMMMMmmm

Yeh, we all know your sexual preference...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer - New CDR Reveal Next Month? Jan 10, 2013, 22:06 StingingVelvet

Cool style. Promoting this way too early for my taste, though.

Also excited for The Witcher 3.

21. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer - New CDR Reveal Next Month? Jan 10, 2013, 22:04 MajorD

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jan 10, 2013, 19:27:
MajorD wrote on Jan 10, 2013, 19:18:
I could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time, but that doesn't seem to show any actual gameplay; upon a quick search, I couldn't even find any in-game screenshots. Seems to be smoke-and-mirrors here, so I doubt the graphics will be as they portray in the trailer.
It's a teaser trailer, so it's not meant to represent in-game graphics or gameplay. It's designed to show off art-style and design direction, which it does very well. That said, there's nothing in there that's hugely radical and even as a multi-platform title it will be designed with next-gen consoles in mind - the graphics could easily be that quality in-game.

I watched again (completely – all the way through), and I see your point - That’ll teach me to rush through it. Wink I'll definitely have to check it out more when additional info is available. Cheers.

20. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer - New CDR Reveal Next Month? Jan 10, 2013, 22:03 Creston

nin wrote on Jan 10, 2013, 19:16:
It's only CGI with no gameplay, and I'm still in love and bouncing off the walls.

When is this due, 2014?

They said 2015.

Creston

19. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer - New CDR Reveal Next Month? Jan 10, 2013, 21:50 ItBurn

commonperson wrote on Jan 10, 2013, 21:36:
What a bunch a weirdos.

Supposedly it's something they've done before. They must be hanging out with the guys at Valve.

Yes. I think it was the Witcher 2 trailer.

Looks great! A mix of futuristic and the 80s. Those guys know how to make a trailer. Watch the assassin's of kings trailer again. Perhaps my favorite of all time...

trailer linky link

18. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer - New CDR Reveal Next Month? Jan 10, 2013, 21:36 commonperson

What a bunch a weirdos.

Supposedly it's something they've done before. They must be hanging out with the guys at Valve.

17. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer - New CDR Reveal Next Month? Jan 10, 2013, 21:34 PHJF

Pause it at between 2:14 and 2:15 there's a big long message

What a bunch a weirdos.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

16. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer - New CDR Reveal Next Month? Jan 10, 2013, 21:24 commonperson

Pause it at between 2:14 and 2:15 there's a big long message about how this is a teaser and they're looking for folks to work on the game (they're in early pre-production) release date is pegged vaguely in 2015 in the message but even that's open based on progress. That being said it looks like these chummers have the spirit down. I'm looking forward to doing some decking in a squat in Night City.  

15. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer - New CDR Reveal Next Month? Jan 10, 2013, 21:24 Techie714 ©

SOLD! Here's my $$$  

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

14. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer - New CDR Reveal Next Month? Jan 10, 2013, 21:19 nin

dj LiTh wrote on Jan 10, 2013, 20:59:
Cutter wrote on Jan 10, 2013, 19:17:
Yeah, nice flavour but the song they chose is horrendous. And unlike the Wticher 2 please tell me it'll have a fucking camera zoom function.

Although its not my cup of tea either, they could of done worse and just inserted a random dubstep tune in there.

TRUE!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

13. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer - New CDR Reveal Next Month? Jan 10, 2013, 21:07 netnerd85

Ugh, beyond annoying music. Replace the chick with Dante from DMC5... lol... mmMMMMmmm  

12. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer - New CDR Reveal Next Month? Jan 10, 2013, 20:59 dj LiTh

Cutter wrote on Jan 10, 2013, 19:17:
Yeah, nice flavour but the song they chose is horrendous. And unlike the Wticher 2 please tell me it'll have a fucking camera zoom function.

Although its not my cup of tea either, they could of done worse and just inserted a random dubstep tune in there.

11. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer - New CDR Reveal Next Month? Jan 10, 2013, 19:27 theyarecomingforyou

MajorD wrote on Jan 10, 2013, 19:18:
I could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time, but that doesn't seem to show any actual gameplay; upon a quick search, I couldn't even find any in-game screenshots. Seems to be smoke-and-mirrors here, so I doubt the graphics will be as they portray in the trailer.
It's a teaser trailer, so it's not meant to represent in-game graphics or gameplay. It's designed to show off art-style and design direction, which it does very well. That said, there's nothing in there that's hugely radical and even as a multi-platform title it will be designed with next-gen consoles in mind - the graphics could easily be that quality in-game.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

10. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer - New CDR Reveal Next Month? Jan 10, 2013, 19:26 Esoteric

The game isn't due out until 2015 at the earliest.  

9. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer - New CDR Reveal Next Month? Jan 10, 2013, 19:18 MajorD

8. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer - New CDR Reveal Next Month? Jan 10, 2013, 19:17 Cutter

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

7. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer - New CDR Reveal Next Month? Jan 10, 2013, 19:16 nin

It's only CGI with no gameplay, and I'm still in love and bouncing off the walls.

When is this due, 2014?

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

6. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer - New CDR Reveal Next Month? Jan 10, 2013, 19:05 siapnar

Shit's dope!  

I have projectile dysfunction.

5. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer - New CDR Reveal Next Month? Jan 10, 2013, 18:58 jdreyer

Creston wrote on Jan 10, 2013, 18:53:
Badass trailer. Says nothing about the game, of course, but it looks fucking great.

Creston

Yeah, you could probably guess from the cleavage, but that trailer is NSFW.

That's a pretty cool world they created. I'd like to see gameplay on that one for sure. CD Projekt has a good track record.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

4. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer - New CDR Reveal Next Month? Jan 10, 2013, 18:53 Creston

Badass trailer. Says nothing about the game, of course, but it looks fucking great.

Creston

63 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo