Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Consolidation

View
9. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 11, 2013, 00:30 Rigs

Oie...MS knows how to stick their foot in their mouth with great ease nowadays. I want to know one thing. Before cd's came around and the cd-rom game was the next 'big thing', we were promised (quite a few times actually, by all manner of people from Ken at Sierra (on his 'hard copy blog/newsletter/magazine/fanzine/thing') to some other gaming execs, not to mention many gaming journalists at the time, including those at CGW and I have the proof in the mag articles) a steep reduction in the cost of games because the cost of manufacturing a cd-based game was 'so much less' than that of a disk-based game. Then it was DVD's, now digital. When is the fucking price going to actually come down?!? Hello?! It's been 20-odd fucking years now! I can't see why a game has to cost $60 or even $50 at launch nowadays. They do it because we, gamers, let them! Just like gas prices. They raised them and raised them and when it got too high and we had a slight hissy fit, they lowered them. When we weren't paying attention, they raised them again. And every time the reason was different, when they found out that they couldn't use the same reason each time...So WTF?! *taps foot anxiously, arms folded, eye-brow arched menacingly*

I'm waiting...

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'
Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Jan 10, 18:35 Re: Evening Consolidation Julio
  2. Jan 10, 18:52 Re: More Big Picture Details HorrorScope
  3. Jan 10, 19:13  Re: More Big Picture Details The Half Elf
  4. Jan 10, 19:43  Re: More Big Picture Details Dades
  5. Jan 10, 20:00 Re: Evening Consolidation jdreyer
  6. Jan 10, 20:05  Re: Evening Consolidation nin
  7. Jan 10, 22:26 Re: Evening Consolidation StingingVelvet
  8. Jan 10, 22:36 Re: Evening Consolidation Nighthawk
>> 9. Jan 11, 00:30  Re: Evening Consolidation Rigs
  10. Jan 11, 01:47   Re: Evening Consolidation jdreyer