Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Borderlands 2 Patched

Steam News announces the availability of a new automatic update for Borderlands 2, updating Gearbox Software's first-person shooter sequel to version 1.3.1. Here are the patch notes:

• Added support for text input using the gamepad for Steam's Big Picture mode.
  • Fixed a bug causing players to sometimes get stuck in the "Whoops" mission of the Captain Scarlett DLC.
  • Deathtrap can no longer restore an enemy's shields, even though it was hilarious.
  • Fixed a bug that caused off-hand weapons to sometimes deal improper damage while Gunzerking.
  • Addressed an issue where shotguns did not receive full damage boosts from skills and gear.

View
41 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

41. Re: Borderlands 2 Patched Jan 12, 2013, 05:15 John

Deathtrap can no longer restore an enemy's shields, even though it was hilarious.

Apparently they didn't fix this bug because Deathtrap still does that..

This space is available for rent
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

40. Re: Borderlands 2 Patched Jan 11, 2013, 08:54 Verno

The only way to play BL2 is with trainers for the loot IMHO, they really fucked up drops in that game.  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below

39. Re: Borderlands 2 Patched Jan 10, 2013, 22:05 Creston

John wrote on Jan 10, 2013, 20:35:
Hmm, I'll have to look into that then cause I hate not ever getting anything good. Even the stuff from the Shift box isn't that great but at least it's my level.

If you need instructions on how to do it, drop me a line. I'll be glad to explain it.

Creston

38. Re: Borderlands 2 Patched Jan 10, 2013, 20:35 John

Creston wrote on Jan 10, 2013, 14:32:
Fewer drops. :p

But no, that's the way the game plays. "Never reward a player with anything decent" was their design mantra. Ultimate Super Badass five levels higher than you? Here, it drops a green shitty grenade.

I got fed up with it and changed it. Lot more fun to play now. :-shrug-:
Hmm, I'll have to look into that then cause I hate not ever getting anything good. Even the stuff from the Shift box isn't that great but at least it's my level.

37. Re: Borderlands 2 Patched Jan 10, 2013, 20:09 ViRGE

Creston wrote on Jan 10, 2013, 14:32:

But no, that's the way the game plays. "Never reward a player with anything decent" was their design mantra. Ultimate Super Badass five levels higher than you? Here, it drops a green shitty grenade.

Creston
My sentiments exactly. It was a fun game, but playing it SP it was a lot more fun once I started cheesing it.

36. Re: Borderlands 2 Patched Jan 10, 2013, 14:41 Creston

nin wrote on Jan 10, 2013, 14:36:
Mine didn't scale at all...I went through the torque campaign killing a ton of 32s when I was 37...

In PT1, nothing ever goes above 32, I think. At least not mooks and such.

Oh, I meant duping weapons by yourself.

Na, I'll use a save editor for that.

Yeah, it's tricky to do with the CE, but having identical weapons seems pointless to me. I like having two infinities with one being electricity and the other corrode.

Creston

35. Re: Borderlands 2 Patched Jan 10, 2013, 14:36 nin

Creston wrote on Jan 10, 2013, 14:34:
Bhruic wrote on Jan 10, 2013, 14:19:
nin wrote on Jan 10, 2013, 12:59:
I think late 20s/early 30s? I went in at like 34-36 and didn't get a damn thing useful (I'm not farming torque tokens, sorry, this isn't a MMO).

Actually the DLC level scales. Interestingly enough, the first few quest rewards don't seem to scale properly, and are level 15. Not sure if that means that's when they "intended" you to do it or not. But I usually go in early-to-mid 20s, and enemies are always my level (or thereabouts). The only downside is if you are doing all sidequests, you're going to out-level a bunch of them.

Thanks for clearing that up. I wasn't sure, since I've only done Pirate Queen with a lvl 38 Zero and a lvl 50 Siren.

Creston

Mine didn't scale at all...I went through the torque campaign killing a ton of 32s when I was 37...

Na, I'll use a save editor for that.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

34. Re: Borderlands 2 Patched Jan 10, 2013, 14:35 Creston

nin wrote on Jan 10, 2013, 14:34:
Duplicating weapons is a bit tricky, and it seems kinda pointless to me.

I was under the impression (from what I've heard) you just pass yours to another person, Alt-F4 out (w/o saving) and then when you load back up, you have the same gun you did before the save, and the person you passed the gun to passes it back to you.

Creston

33. Re: Borderlands 2 Patched Jan 10, 2013, 14:34 Creston

Bhruic wrote on Jan 10, 2013, 14:19:
I think late 20s/early 30s? I went in at like 34-36 and didn't get a damn thing useful (I'm not farming torque tokens, sorry, this isn't a MMO).

Actually the DLC level scales. Interestingly enough, the first few quest rewards don't seem to scale properly, and are level 15. Not sure if that means that's when they "intended" you to do it or not. But I usually go in early-to-mid 20s, and enemies are always my level (or thereabouts). The only downside is if you are doing all sidequests, you're going to out-level a bunch of them.

Thanks for clearing that up. I wasn't sure, since I've only done Pirate Queen with a lvl 38 Zero and a lvl 50 Siren.

Creston

32. Re: Borderlands 2 Patched Jan 10, 2013, 14:34 nin

Duplicating weapons is a bit tricky, and it seems kinda pointless to me.

I was under the impression (from what I've heard) you just pass yours to another person, Alt-F4 out (w/o saving) and then when you load back up, you have the same gun you did before the save, and the person you passed the gun to passes it back to you.

31. Re: Borderlands 2 Patched Jan 10, 2013, 14:32 Creston

John wrote on Jan 10, 2013, 13:55:
Did the patch change that or something else? I'm playing Vault Hunter mode now and I seem to get less drops than I did in the first playthrough! There are more Badasses yet they never seem to drop anything worthwhile.. I find more good stuff in gun chests and weapon machines.

Creston

30. Re: Borderlands 2 Patched Jan 10, 2013, 14:30 Creston

Beamer wrote on Jan 10, 2013, 13:56:
I did have a level 21 Infinity, but got that from a chest. It served my Zero for a very long time, since he had additional damage for the first shot of every magazine and every Infinity shot is a first shot.

Huh, I never even thought about that.

Dr. Mercy, though... I think I did at least 50 and nothing. And those are hard farms -

Yeah, exactly. To me that's fucking ridiculous. I'm not playing an MMO here. It's a single player game with occasional co-op. Why the fuck does NOTHING EVER DROP???

Turning BL2 into a pretend MMO was the worst fucking design decision they made.

Creston

This comment was edited on Jan 10, 2013, 14:42.

29. Re: Borderlands 2 Patched Jan 10, 2013, 14:29 Creston

nin wrote on Jan 10, 2013, 14:04:
(I don't have 4 conference calls yet, or I'd test it. I can't even imagine how much damage that would do.)

If you're modifying drop rates, I'm surprised you just didn't duplicate the weapon.

For my commando, I just temporarily set the rates to drop only legendaries, so I could see all the awesome stuff there was in the game. For my others I have the rate set to drop about 2 to 2.5 times as many blue and purples (it's weighted, so I'm not quite sure what the actual percentage is), and about 5 times as many legendaries compared to original.

I just have a lot of conference calls because I farm the Warrior a lot with every character, and CC is just about the only thing he drops with any frequency. Even so, I "only" have three. Two 50s and one 34. So I can't quite test the 4 CC thing with the Zerker yet.

Duplicating weapons is a bit tricky, and it seems kinda pointless to me. I like finding stuff, I just want to, you know, play for a weekend and then actually at the end of the weekend have actually found something cool.

Rather than vanilla BL2 where you play for an entire weekend, and at the end of the weekend your best drop was a white rocket launcher that did 6000 more damage than the green one you're currently using, but used double ammo....

Creston

This comment was edited on Jan 10, 2013, 14:37.

28. Re: Borderlands 2 Patched Jan 10, 2013, 14:19 Bhruic

27. Re: Borderlands 2 Patched Jan 10, 2013, 14:04 nin

(I don't have 4 conference calls yet, or I'd test it. I can't even imagine how much damage that would do.)

If you're modifying drop rates, I'm surprised you just didn't duplicate the weapon.

26. Re: Borderlands 2 Patched Jan 10, 2013, 13:56 Beamer

Creston wrote on Jan 10, 2013, 13:48:
I like infinities, but putting two of them on my zerker wasn't as impressive as I thought it would be. It's FAR more impressive to put 4 shotguns in your list, then zerk. (I don't have 4 conference calls yet, or I'd test it. I can't even imagine how much damage that would do.)

Stupidly enough, I have YET to get a fucking Bee. I guess I may go back and murder Hellquist some more.

Creston

The Bee took me ~30 attempts to get. I had it down with my Zerker, though, so I could kill Hellquist in 1 or 2 shots most times (I say most because there was no consistency, even though it was the same exact setup and shot. Sometimes it was 1 shot. Sometimes 2. Sometimes I had to chase him around for a while.)

Dr. Mercy, though... I think I did at least 50 and nothing. And those are hard farms - I do the vehicle jump trick but none of my characters seem capable of mowing him down easily or quickly. Whereas the entire farm attempt with Hellquist was maybe 2 minutes including loading, it was closer to 10 with Hellquist on 2.5 (30 of that 50 was before 2.5, when killing him was simple.)

I did have a level 21 Infinity, but got that from a chest. It served my Zero for a very long time, since he had additional damage for the first shot of every magazine and every Infinity shot is a first shot.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

25. Re: Borderlands 2 Patched Jan 10, 2013, 13:55 John

Creston wrote on Jan 10, 2013, 13:18:
Oh, my drops are just FINE, now.

Of course, I had to up the chance of rare/ultra-rare/legendary drops by like a kajillion percent, but now I'll actually get like some blue and purple drops, and I'll even have actual chances of legendaries dropping!

No more worthless green shit for me.
Did the patch change that or something else? I'm playing Vault Hunter mode now and I seem to get less drops than I did in the first playthrough! There are more Badasses yet they never seem to drop anything worthwhile.. I find more good stuff in gun chests and weapon machines.

Deathtrap can no longer restore an enemy's shields, even though it was hilarious.
I noticed that a lot before the patch and thought it was funny sometimes but mostly just annoying. Also he would do the laser attack on me sometimes instead of the enemies even though it didn't hurt me.

24. Re: Borderlands 2 Patched Jan 10, 2013, 13:48 Creston

I like infinities, but putting two of them on my zerker wasn't as impressive as I thought it would be. It's FAR more impressive to put 4 shotguns in your list, then zerk. (I don't have 4 conference calls yet, or I'd test it. I can't even imagine how much damage that would do.)

Stupidly enough, I have YET to get a fucking Bee. I guess I may go back and murder Hellquist some more.

Creston

23. Re: Borderlands 2 Patched Jan 10, 2013, 13:37 Beamer

Creston wrote on Jan 10, 2013, 13:18:

Of course, I had to up the chance of rare/ultra-rare/legendary drops by like a kajillion percent, but now I'll actually get like some blue and purple drops, and I'll even have actual chances of legendaries dropping!

(and again, the game is so much fucking fun when you can use one of their crazy-ass, outlandishly insane weapons. Why the fuck would you make it so that that shit NEVER FUCKING DROPS, thus forcing your players to play with all that boring, worthless piece of shit green junk????)

Creston

Even though it was nerfed, conference call + bee (+ Zero!) is nuts. Nuts. Going against Terramporpheus with a Zerker with a CC in each hand is also nuts.

My Zero uses mostly the Bee and the Volcano. Sure, the Volcano is a fire weapon and not terribly useful against non-flesh, but he does 22k damage at a minimum. I don't even bother zooming anymore.

I just got the Pitchfork recently, too, but haven't played with it much. What I really wanted was two Double-Infinities for my Gunzerker, but now that I maxed out his extra-damage-for-final-bullet that seems pointless.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

22. Re: Borderlands 2 Patched Jan 10, 2013, 13:18 Creston

(and again, the game is so much fucking fun when you can use one of their crazy-ass, outlandishly insane weapons. Why the fuck would you make it so that that shit NEVER FUCKING DROPS, thus forcing your players to play with all that boring, worthless piece of shit green junk????)

Creston

41 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo