Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailer

The SEGA Blog now offers a new trailer of the alien hive from Aliens: Colonial Marines, showing how this environment is realized in the game, contrasting their concept art with the finished level. Word is: "The Alien Hive is a dark, imposing place of fear you wonít soon forget. Bring your friends and enter the hive in Aliens: Colonial Marines on February 12, 2013."

View
32 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

12. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailer Jan 10, 2013, 10:52 netnerd85

wtf_man wrote on Jan 10, 2013, 10:33:
I personally never played it, so I can't give a solid opinion on whther it was a good shooter or not. I just now that the descriptions of the "on-rails" level design completely turns me off (Duke IP or not).
And this is the problem with gaming and internet. Too many people flapping their chops on subjects and games they know nothing about.

I've played DNF, the SP DLC and quite a few hours of MP. I grew up playing Duke Nukem, the side scrollers and loved them. I played nothing but Duke Nukem 3D for many years. I went on to play Duke Nukem Zero Hour (loved it) and Duke Nuke 64.

Duke Nukem is by far the best Game character. Duke hold a special place in Randy's heart being the first commercial game he worked on. And playing games around that time there was no better game character.

In an industry full of it's own shit, we need Duke to stick the finger up and in, make fun of it all and show us a good time. He will be back, and much better next time.

DNF was tame in it's humour. They really need to aim for the ban bar in order to be shocking next time round.

Until then, SUCK IT DOWN.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailer Jan 10, 2013, 10:33 wtf_man

netnerd85 wrote on Jan 10, 2013, 09:58:
DNF was a good shooter though. You can never match 10 years of expectation, never ever ever.

While I agree that they finished what they could given the incomplete materials from 3DRealms, most people seem to think it was a very poor shooter (standing on it's own merits as a game... nothing to do with the IP)

I personally never played it, so I can't give a solid opinion on whther it was a good shooter or not. I just now that the descriptions of the "on-rails" level design completely turns me off (Duke IP or not).

10. there is a difference here tho..... Jan 10, 2013, 10:27 Shataan

"You can never match 10 years of expectation, never ever ever"

True, but if you are gonna hype your game and get on vids blathering how cool it is/will be (like Pitchford did with Duke and is now doing with Aliens Colonial Marines).... at release it had better be all you say it is..... or you are gonna look pretty stupid.

Player expectation is built mostly by the dev Teams and the Marketing. You cannot sit back and blame the buyer base whose expectations were FED by the Developer.

I remember all the bragging bout Duke. It did not live up to the hype. Imho it became the Duke version of Daikatana. It would be nice if A CMs actually lived up to being what the Dev Team/Pitchford says it will. If not, we may as well start calling him.... "Randy Romero".

9. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailer Jan 10, 2013, 10:24 InBlack

Quinn wrote on Jan 10, 2013, 10:19:
I guess the don't have much more to show for. This is going to be one of those "mark my words" moments...

Mark my words: This'll suck.

Well Im hopeful. I dig the universe too much not to be. I just hope its a proper port and not the piece of shit that the last AvP was, what with the snail-speed Aliens and whatnot....

Ill remember your words though. Just in case.

I have a nifty blue line!

8. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailer Jan 10, 2013, 10:19 Quinn

I guess the don't have much more to show for. This is going to be one of those "mark my words" moments...

Mark my words: This'll suck.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

7. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailer Jan 10, 2013, 10:08 Verno

I've done the whole generic Marine shooter with Aliens universe a few times already, I don't see much new to get excited about here but feel free to point out what I'm missing, I have an open mind. Just being Aliens isn't enough by itself. It looks ok and competent but I'm not seeing anything here that makes me want to rush out and get it.  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below

6. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailer Jan 10, 2013, 10:04 Darks

Verno wrote on Jan 10, 2013, 09:56:
I love the Alien universe but everything about this seems bland and unforgettable

Seriously Verno? You being a fan and youíre not at all excited about this game? Come on man!! Iím disappointed in you. You have to be off your rocker to not like what we have been seeing so far. Personally, as long as the story is pretty good and the Coop is even better, I will be sold.

We already pre bought this game from Greenman gaming a while back when they had the 30 percent off. Picked this game up for 29.99 thatís a deal.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

5. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailer Jan 10, 2013, 09:58 netnerd85

wtf_man wrote on Jan 10, 2013, 09:42:
Gearbox did a good job with Half-Life add-ons, and while Borderlands is popular, I can't do that cel shading outline crap.

Duke Nuke 'Em, though... I'm not sure I can forgive them for that.
Gearbox did not develop Duke Nukem Forever, they only saved it from going under. They will be doing the next one though, since they own the IP. DNF was a good shooter though. You can never match 10 years of expectation, never ever ever.

4. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailer Jan 10, 2013, 09:56 Verno

I love the Alien universe but everything about this seems bland and unforgettable  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below

3. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailer Jan 10, 2013, 09:47 Beamer

wtf_man wrote on Jan 10, 2013, 09:42:
I hope this turns out good.

Going to wait for post launch forum opinions and game site reviews, before making a purchase.

Gearbox did a good job with Half-Life add-ons, and while Borderlands is popular, I can't do that cel shading outline crap.

So, it's a "wait and see", for me.

I don't even notice cell shading anymore. It isn't like what it was in the old Dreamcast days.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

2. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailer Jan 10, 2013, 09:47 InBlack

Dont forget AvP3, major turd right there....  

I have a nifty blue line!

1. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailer Jan 10, 2013, 09:42 wtf_man

I hope this turns out good.

Going to wait for post launch forum opinions and game site reviews, before making a purchase.

So, it's a "wait and see", for me.

32 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo