Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

PC Gaming Alliance Still Exists

The PC Gaming Alliance announces that HAWKEN publisher Meteor Entertainment is the newest member of this industry trade group. This also serves as a reminder that the group is still in existence, as the public is not privy to much information about its day-to-day activities. Update: Snarkiness aside, a True PC Gaming podcast from last month speaks with Intel's Matt Ployhar, the PC Gaming Alliance president. Word is: "Matt talks about piracy, EULA and the misconception of PC gaming cost."

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: PC Gaming Alliance Still Exists Jan 11, 2013, 14:00 Creston

MattyC wrote on Jan 10, 2013, 20:37:
Creston wrote on Jan 10, 2013, 11:10:
The fact that Epic was the founding member of this group immediately relegated it to "rather bad joke" status, but their actions Rotfl since then have only strengthened that perception.

Huh You are aware of the various versions of the Unreal Engine and the many PC games it has powered yes?

I have no issue with the Unreal engine (though let's face it, the sole reason it's done as well as it has is because it's available on all major platforms. If it was a PC only engine, it would have died a rapid death, because it really isn't that impressive an engine.)

I have an issue with Epic's attitude towards PC gamers. They have made it clear, multiple times, that they'd really much rather there was no such thing as PC gamers anymore, and that they could just forget about the platform altogether.

And then THOSE fuckers turn around and form the "PC Gaming Alliance." Right around the same time when they were telling PC Gamers to stop whining that their PC ports sucked.

In any case, Fuck Epic.

Creston

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: PC Gaming Alliance Still Exists Jan 11, 2013, 10:39 MattyC

Kajetan wrote on Jan 11, 2013, 04:35:
MattyC wrote on Jan 10, 2013, 22:21:
Mass Effect 1 & 2 (I left out 3, but not for tech reasons), Borderlands, and Arkam Asylum, Xcom EU etc were all made on Unreal tech. That is only staying with more recent and leaving out titles like Deus Ex.
These are all multiplattform titles, designed to work on consoles.

I don't deny that, I was only pointing out that Epic tech has been behind a large number of games for the PC. His post seems to ignore that. It isn't the "DEATH TO ALL CONSOLES" alliance.

Also, I just learned that Deus Ex came out for consoles.

13. Re: PC Gaming Alliance Still Exists Jan 11, 2013, 04:35 Kajetan

MattyC wrote on Jan 10, 2013, 22:21:
Mass Effect 1 & 2 (I left out 3, but not for tech reasons), Borderlands, and Arkam Asylum, Xcom EU etc were all made on Unreal tech. That is only staying with more recent and leaving out titles like Deus Ex.
These are all multiplattform titles, designed to work on consoles.

12. Re: PC Gaming Alliance Still Exists Jan 10, 2013, 22:21 MattyC

MajorD wrote on Jan 10, 2013, 22:08:
The fact that Epic was the founding member of this group immediately relegated it to "rather bad joke" status, but their actions Rotfl since then have only strengthened that perception.

Huh You are aware of the various versions of the Unreal Engine and the many PC games it has powered yes?

I believe that was the irony he was alluding to....

The quote tree appears to be creeping, but how so? The engines have hardly been perfect, but they have lead to some great games. PC games have never been perfect, I recently replayed Arcanum. I loved that game. I still had fun with the replay all these years later, but wow did that game have issues. Doesn't mean it wasn't a good game though.

11. Re: PC Gaming Alliance Still Exists Jan 10, 2013, 22:08 MajorD

I believe that was the irony he was alluding to....

10. Re: PC Gaming Alliance Still Exists Jan 10, 2013, 20:37 MattyC

9. Re: PC Gaming Alliance Still Exists Jan 10, 2013, 15:03 Fantaz

Windows 8 is killing PC gaming... please bring out Windows 9, ASAP! And it better be good!  

8. Re: PC Gaming Alliance Still Exists Jan 10, 2013, 14:48 killer_roach

Paketep wrote on Jan 10, 2013, 12:27:
I wish Pachter would sign up. That way we wouldn't hear from him either, or at least websites wouldn't publish his bullshit like they don't publish the PCGA's BS. Standards, people!.

Funny that the same thing always coming from the PCGA's mouth is piracy. Yeah, sure, that has always been PC's worst problem. Idiots.

The PCGA would practically beg Pachter to join, as it would mean you'd actually hear about them more than once an eon.

Seriously, if your advocacy group can't even figure out the art of the press release, you're doing it wrong.

7. Re: PC Gaming Alliance Still Exists Jan 10, 2013, 12:27 Paketep

I wish Pachter would sign up. That way we wouldn't hear from him either, or at least websites wouldn't publish his bullshit like they don't publish the PCGA's BS. Standards, people!.

Funny that the same thing always coming from the PCGA's mouth is piracy. Yeah, sure, that has always been PC's worst problem. Idiots.

6. Re: PC Gaming Alliance Still Exists Jan 10, 2013, 12:19 Cutter

It's a secret. Shhhhhhut up!

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

5. Re: PC Gaming Alliance Still Exists Jan 10, 2013, 11:57 NegaDeath

"Hey guys, remember us? We're the PC Gaming Alliance. We hung out a few years ago. We've been busy with other projects and stuff, haven't talked in awhile. Anyways I see that PC gaming has entered a new golden age, can we get back in? Please? Guys?"  

4. Re: PC Gaming Alliance Still Exists Jan 10, 2013, 11:44 MajorD

Come on guys! They are secretly working behind closed doors with Microsoft to completely revamp and improve 'Games For Windows Live', which will be released with Windows 8-Second Edition!!! It’s just one project, of many, to resurrect the PC as the core gaming platform.

3. Re: PC Gaming Alliance Still Exists Jan 10, 2013, 11:10 Creston

"We still exist. Of course we still exist! Look at all the great stuff we do!

"Hello? Helloooooo? IS THIS THING ON?!"

To put it in the words of the immortal Jay Wilson "Fuck these losers."

Creston

2. Re: PC Gaming Alliance Still Exists Jan 10, 2013, 10:01 Verno

Herp to the derp. This organization is somehow less valuable than Microsofts Commitment to PC Gaming which wasn't thought possible.  

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer

1. Re: PC Gaming Alliance Still Exists Jan 10, 2013, 09:54 InBlack

Trolololol...

Thanks for making my day Blue!

I have a nifty blue line!

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo