Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

PlanetSide 2 Patch Plans

PlanetSide Universe has details from SOE's Matt Higby on the next patch for PlanetSide 2, which is supposed to be deployed in the MMOFPS sequel on January 30. This includes details on performance improvements, XP enhancements, UI changes, and more. Word is: "We know this doesn't address every issue that's been brought up recently but we hope it knocks out some of the big ones. Hopefully you will see from this update (and the feature plan for the next 6 months, when that is revealed) that we're taking your feedback and concerns for the game very seriously. We're here, we're listening and we're committed to continue to work with our community to build the best online game the world has ever seen." Thanks Massively.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: PlanetSide 2 Patch Plans Jan 12, 2013, 16:34 Mordecai Walfish

entr0py wrote on Jan 9, 2013, 18:07:
The thing I really care about is proper joystick support. It would be nice to know that they're even working on it, but it doesn't' seem to be a priority.

Agreed. Joystick flying is ridiculously bad right now, but I still force myself to do it as kb/m feel too awkward for flight. I had to lower the sensitivity below what is in the option menu through the .ini to even get the sensitivity on my stick semi-reasonable in the game. The deadzone is also set to 0.000000 in the .ini and there is still a noticeably large deadzone in-game. I use hall-effect sensors in my stick so that's why there's no need for a deadzone. As bad as it is, I still enjoy flying with the stick more right now than with kb/m.. but it's shamefully bad for what they consider to be a released product.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: PlanetSide 2 Patch Plans Jan 9, 2013, 19:11 Closed Betas

If they think fractional kill points for new spawns is any kind of solution, well I dont have an end to this comment, because the fact they think this is a worthwhile solution is laughable already...

--------------------
Moron Developer Thought Process... Remove exp from spawners that just died...
----------------------------------------
Desired Game Change Outcome...
Hey charlie, guard that spawn...

Ugh for what reason John? 25 xp... naah
End of spawn camp..
--------------------

Yeah okay...

--------------------
Actual Play Change
----------------------------------------
None.
Forum change.. WTF, I don't get experience for killing this dude that
has the ability to kill me from behind a one way shield
FUCK THIS GAME
--------------------

Which would be a good choice, because this game is crap and nothing can fix it

12. Re: PlanetSide 2 Patch Plans Jan 9, 2013, 18:48 Beelzebud

AngelicPenguin wrote on Jan 9, 2013, 16:59:
Trevellian wrote on Jan 9, 2013, 16:06:
Gas Bandit wrote on Jan 9, 2013, 12:56:
Hope they do something about the game crashing every 1.5 hours on win XP. I rather like this game.

Hah, you're lucky the game even runs on XP. I don't blame them for not supporting it one bit. Quit being stubborn and upgrade to Win7 already.

That's like bringing gun control or religion into an argument. Neither of you will convince the other.

It's more like trying to talk to a creationist about the theory of evolution, actually. XP is 11 years old, ffs, there is no good reason to continue using it.

11. Re: PlanetSide 2 Patch Plans Jan 9, 2013, 18:07 entr0py

The thing I really care about is proper joystick support. It would be nice to know that they're even working on it, but it doesn't' seem to be a priority.  

10. Re: PlanetSide 2 Patch Plans Jan 9, 2013, 17:58 Veterator

Still having major issues with hackers in the game. They were thick during the double XP, but there's been a rash of BR1-10 people showing up. Like extraordinary amounts of them today, I'm thinking they are banning the accounts and people are just firing up a new one to grief with. I saw one liberator aimbot, the guy used a dalton and was shooting down half a dozen planes just as fast as the gun would reload, while they were in flight and at the flight ceiling. They were rearing the lib up and shooting without missing.

Oh and the guys who switch teams to kill something important like a sunderer....or load up liberators to bomb people who are rocking their sides world....but they do it as friendly libs. Not hacking, but still just as much bullshit.

The hacks are the stuff that can absolutely ruin your evening. Imbalances exist, but I dunno how they can balance anything with all the hacking data that has to be infesting their "good" data.

Oh...and they really need to re-examine their pricing. It seems only the most expensive stuff is worth buying and that's 7 bucks each at full price. Side argument, but it does have an impact on game play...the guys with the money are going to have what they need to get the job done better.

9. Re: PlanetSide 2 Patch Plans Jan 9, 2013, 17:06 Jackplug

Hope they fix the fixes cos they've fucked it big time cos all i do now is crash!!  

8. Re: PlanetSide 2 Patch Plans Jan 9, 2013, 16:59 AngelicPenguin

Trevellian wrote on Jan 9, 2013, 16:06:
Hope they do something about the game crashing every 1.5 hours on win XP. I rather like this game.

Hah, you're lucky the game even runs on XP. I don't blame them for not supporting it one bit. Quit being stubborn and upgrade to Win7 already.

That's like bringing gun control or religion into an argument. Neither of you will convince the other.

7. Re: PlanetSide 2 Patch Plans Jan 9, 2013, 16:17 ChaosEngine

Get an OS that's less than a decade old?

6. Re: PlanetSide 2 Patch Plans Jan 9, 2013, 16:06 Trevellian

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Kyrios in ArcheAge

5. Re: PlanetSide 2 Patch Plans Jan 9, 2013, 15:26 LittleMe

Raven wrote on Jan 9, 2013, 14:11:
Gotta camp the room to cap the point, but now will only be getting a fraction of the xp the defenders will be earning.

Might this bring an unintended consequence of people preferring to defend rather than attack? Then the war is over since everyone will sit in their base. The winning team is the defending team since they get so much more xp..

Raven wrote on Jan 9, 2013, 14:11:
Even a fraction of a second of invulnerability exiting a vehicle would be nice. I'm constantly getting weapon-locked because people jump out of my sunderers while I'm moving full speed and somehow get run over by me. Also, if I deploy on a steep incline, people will run up to resupply and spawn a bit too close to a wheel and get damaged by it even if it's parked.

Ugh. I hope they fix that.

Perpetual debt is slavery.

4. Re: PlanetSide 2 Patch Plans Jan 9, 2013, 14:11 Raven

Even a fraction of a second of invulnerability exiting a vehicle would be nice. I'm constantly getting weapon-locked because people jump out of my sunderers while I'm moving full speed and somehow get run over by me. Also, if I deploy on a steep incline, people will run up to resupply and spawn a bit too close to a wheel and get damaged by it even if it's parked.

Most of the watchtowers have the spawn dump people right into the room with the main control point. Gotta camp the room to cap the point, but now will only be getting a fraction of the xp the defenders will be earning.

3. Re: PlanetSide 2 Patch Plans Jan 9, 2013, 13:24 DG

Not a bad list includes many things people have been talking about.

Except I'm wary about balance "tweaks", how many games get these right? Usually they just leave a new imbalance but one that's much more significant until people re-adapt. Likely also to be nerfs.

And how OTT have they gone against spawn "camping", otherwise known as securing the cap? Yeah great, being spawn camped is annoying and everything, but the way most bases are designed there's not really any option if you want to cap. The spawn is right beside the cap point! If you've got pushed back into spawn you were always going to lose anyway.

<quote>Freshly spawned players will be worth a fraction of the current kill reward.

New spawn buildings with more exits, protected balconies and easy roof access to make them less campable.

Tunnel systems for amp and tech facilities to give access from spawn rooms to interior of bases and base walls without having to go above ground.</quote>

But especially

<quote>Short period of invulnerability will be added to freshly spawned / revived players - breaks upon game actions such as entering a vehicle or using a weapon.</quote>
Cue loads of invulnerable players acting like mobile cover and pushing the chokepoints along.

2. Re: PlanetSide 2 Patch Plans Jan 9, 2013, 13:19 Wildone

Hope they do something about Air power being over powerful, AA guns and G2A missiles SUCK ASS and useless  

1. Re: PlanetSide 2 Patch Plans Jan 9, 2013, 12:56 Gas Bandit

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo