Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Fallout 4 Tease?

The Twitter feed for Erik Todd Dellums has clues from the voice actor that seem to reveal plans for Fallout 4 or some other future installment in the Fallout post-apocalyptic RPG series. This tweet suggests we can expect a return of Three Dog, his DJ character from the game: "To all my #Fallout3 and #ThreeDog fans: There may be more of the Dog coming! Fingers crossed!" A subsequent tweet says he has been authorized to blab like this: "How was that for a tease! I was given permission to release that tease, so fingers crossed." Thanks VGU via No Mutants Allowed.

View
78 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

18. Re: Fallout 4 Tease? Jan 9, 2013, 11:44 MajorD

Creston wrote on Jan 9, 2013, 11:24:

It's SNUGGLE TRUCK!!!! You don't own it? Didn't I gift it to you? DAMMIT I MISSED SOMEBODY!

Creston

With all the gifting of 'Snuggle Truck' you did, I didn't see it in your library, so I made sure I gifted it to you. I just didn't want to see you left out. Wink

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Fallout 4 Tease? Jan 9, 2013, 11:30 TurdFergasun

Fo3 was a much more enticing environment to explore, and had memorable characters, as apposed to NV were i can't remember a single character or dialogue sequence. Republic of dave, uncle leo, three dog, and the music he spammed is still on a cd i play on a semi regular basis, with lots of dry humor that didn't need to slap you over the head with the punchline. Side quests were compelling, and rewarded exploration, and mission progress. NV just seemed like quantity>quality. Couldn't be bothered to get more than 1/2 way through. I'd compare fo3 to a witty british sitcom vs the average holywood cookie cutter show with the same jokes told with different faces over and over so no demographic feels left out.  

16. Re: Fallout 4 Tease? Jan 9, 2013, 11:28 nin

Creston wrote on Jan 9, 2013, 11:24:
MajorD wrote on Jan 9, 2013, 11:07:
I have over a dozen hours into F3 and really need to finish it, as I do like it so far. The number of games/play to time ratio is too out of balance. The tease of F4 may be incentive to finish F3, and play/finish NV.

And NO, it's not 'Cuddle Truck' taking away from F3 playtime in case you were wondering. I don't even own it! Wink

It's SNUGGLE TRUCK!!!! You don't own it? Didn't I gift it to you? DAMMIT I MISSED SOMEBODY!

Creston

Who whoa whoa...somebody DIDN'T get ST for xmas??????

edit: It's on Bat's wishlist, too - WTF?

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

15. Re: Fallout 4 Tease? Jan 9, 2013, 11:24 Creston

MajorD wrote on Jan 9, 2013, 11:07:
I have over a dozen hours into F3 and really need to finish it, as I do like it so far. The number of games/play to time ratio is too out of balance. The tease of F4 may be incentive to finish F3, and play/finish NV.

And NO, it's not 'Cuddle Truck' taking away from F3 playtime in case you were wondering. I don't even own it! Wink

Creston

14. Re: Fallout 4 Tease? Jan 9, 2013, 11:20 StingingVelvet

Verno wrote on Jan 9, 2013, 09:51:
They were both good in their own ways.

Indeed. I liked both a lot, for mostly different reasons.

Looking forward to Fallout 4, especially due to Skyrim showing both a return to better dialog and a much improved engine.

13. Re: Fallout 4 Tease? Jan 9, 2013, 11:07 MajorD

12. Re: Fallout 4 Tease? Jan 9, 2013, 10:58 Creston

Unlike most people, I actually liked Fallout 3 far more than I did NV, and that was solely because of the map. In Fallout 3, not only is the map larger, but it genuinely feels (to me anyway), like a post-nuclear area around a major city would. Small towns here and there, large stretches of wasteland, weird things to stumble across, and then the ruins of the major city itself. Though it was split up rather awkwardly, you got the feel that DC was a huge city. New Vegas was one street.

And then even though New Vegas was only one street, it still swallowed up a huge amount of the northern part of the map. There really was no feel of exploration, because you'd climb on a hill and New Vegas was always right there. You never got the idea that you ever were more than a stone throw away from NV itself, which made the whole "get to new vegas!" quest kind of ludicrous to me. From where the game starts, it's literally three hills away, and if you're careful (and lucky, depending on death claw spawns), you can get there in about five minutes.

The quests were better in NV (at least the main quest was), but I always felt that it was written with the NCR in mind. If you joined the Legion, basically all you got was "Go kill this NCR camp" a few times and voila, that was about it.

And if you decided to work for Mr House (Was that his name?) you were doing the same quests as the NCR, just with a few slightly different lines at the end. (I was also pretty pissed off when I betrayed House at the end to take power for myself, that in the ending it was made clear that the robot actually takes over, not you. That was just total bullshit.)

NV is a great game, but I played Fallout 3 far, far, far more than I did NV. And I'm pretty fucking excited for Fallout 4.

Creston

11. Re: Fallout 4 Tease? Jan 9, 2013, 10:57 ItBurn

We've had this discussion before, so I won't comment on it more, but I prefered 3 to NV. It was more entertaining and you could do the quests the way you wanted to. In NV, it was too strict.

Can't wait for 4! Rumor has it that it's happening close to Boston. The devs were spotted checking out the location.

10. Re: Fallout 4 Tease? Jan 9, 2013, 10:52 Techie714

OMG...OMG...OMG!! I'm one of the biggest Fallout fans around & I can't wait for the next installment!  

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

9. Re: Fallout 4 Tease? Jan 9, 2013, 10:49 Creston

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Jan 9, 2013, 10:12:
Here's hoping that for this one, they actually use a real new engine and don't blatantly lie to their fans by using the same ancient version of GameBryo, rebranding it and calling it "all new."

I guess technically they can say they didn't lie, since they did rewrite the entire renderer...

I can see why they didn't want to scrap everything, because they would have had to reinvent their entire mod system as well, which would have really pissed off their mod community.

Like it or not, Bethesda is likely married to Gamebryo for life, at least for their open-world games.

Creston

8. Re: Fallout 4 Tease? Jan 9, 2013, 10:32 Zyrxil

Gdamnit, I would hope they would wait until they had a engine that wasn't utter shit. Also, unless Obsidian is making it, not interested.  

7. Re: Fallout 4 Tease? Jan 9, 2013, 10:25 InBlack

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Jan 9, 2013, 10:12:
Here's hoping that for this one, they actually use a real new engine and don't blatantly lie to their fans by using the same ancient version of GameBryo, rebranding it and calling it "all new."

Yeah and I wish that pigs had wings and could fly!

I have a nifty blue line!

6. Re: Fallout 4 Tease? Jan 9, 2013, 10:14 Fantaz

Very much looking forward to this...

Next-gen only consoles please!!

5. Re: Fallout 4 Tease? Jan 9, 2013, 10:12 Parallax Abstraction

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube (Watch/Rate/Comment on my shows!)

4. Re: Fallout 4 Tease? Jan 9, 2013, 10:02 Beamer

NV plot and options were clearly better than Fallout 3, but I finished Fallout 3. Marathoned through it, actually. Did all the side-quests, bought some of the DLC (some of the only DLC I've ever purchased), etc. It was more casual, things had less weight, but that made it easier to plow through. It was an interesting world, even if it was a somewhat superficial one.

I did not finish NV. I sat around and put serious thought into decisions. If something didn't go the way I intended I sometimes just mass murdered everyone and then marched away (really only once, with the Romans or whatever, who were asking for it and murdering the whole lot of them was pretty cathartic), but I didn't finish the game. The whole thing revolved around Mr. Vegas for so long for me that, once I solved the mystery of the guy in the suit and once I handled the Mr. Vegas thing I felt little reason to move on to the Dam, which I'd paid no attention to and wasn't really certain why it mattered. I felt parts of the gameplay not tied to that main plot sometimes dragged, and I got annoyed not being able to see everything, as I'm so accustomed to in Bethesda games (lack of choice limits replayability, but when you're putting 150-200 hours into a game I personally don't want replayability, I want to a comprehensive experience.)

NV is a "better" game on paper, and I'm kind of awed at some of what they did, but I found Fallout 3 to be a more entertaining experience. I bitched that Fallout 3 didn't have enough choice, but now that I've seen those games with choice I've decided I don't much care for it. I'd like more choice in what your character build is, but don't value it in the plot (for these particular games.)

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

3. Re: Fallout 4 Tease? Jan 9, 2013, 09:51 Verno

They were both good in their own ways.

Fallout 3 had better exploration elements and more random stuff to find. A little shack sitting in the middle of nowhere had back story even. I thought they did straight up humor a bit better than New Vegas which had a slightly ironic twist on many jokes.

New Vegas had much stronger writing overall, actual quest/plot branching and much more inventive design overall. The Mojave was a very well realized world as a result and the factions really gave it life and replay value.

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due

2. Re: Fallout 4 Tease? Jan 9, 2013, 09:46 nin

Yeah, I found NV a lot more interesting than 3. But I'll give them another shot - Skyrim was the first ES game I actually played through until the end. Maybe they're getting better.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

1. Re: Fallout 4 Tease? Jan 9, 2013, 09:41 InBlack

I always thought that Bethesda did a piss poor job with Fallout3, I just dont think that that their writer jive with post-apocalyptic scenarios as well as they do with their own creation the Elder Scrolls for example.

Fallout3 was average at best. F:NV was very excellent (except for the bugs) and Skyrim was fucking awesome.

Well fingers crossed, maybe they gave this to Obsidian....

I have a nifty blue line!

78 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo